Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Hotel Water show and tunnels

So the other day I was browsing the links of Yesterland looking for info about the dancing waters and waterfall tunnels at Disneyland Hotel. I know they disappeared in the mid-90's, and I can not find any photos of any of it in my things. I was a teenager at the time, and really loved walking around the Disneyland Hotel with my (at the time) future wife. If it is possible to put in a request for a future Yesterland article, my wife and I would love to propose this.

Thanks in advance to either anyone who can make this happen, or to anyone with pics who could post them in this thread.

There’s a single picture here: https://www.yesterland.com/dlhoteltn.html

Comment

Youtube also has footage of the show.

Also, I google-image-searched "Fantasy Water Show Disneyland Hotel" and a few images (Screencaps, mostly) came up.

Comment

I LOVED the waterfalls. My family would always stay in the nearby Bonita Tower(now Frontier Tower) and you could hear the falls from the room. You could tell when they were off, when you couldnt hear them. The waterfalls would light up at night, which was very gorgeous.

And of course, Fantasy Waters. It could be consider the grandfather predecessor to WOC. The show was very simplistic, but still very enjoyable to watch and listen to. The show was nightly or near nightly. In addition, IT WAS FREE TO WATCH!

For those who haven't seen it, the show is posted below(Not my video)

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
            I LOVED the waterfalls. My family would always stay in the nearby Bonita Tower(now Frontier Tower) and you could hear the falls from the room. You could tell when they were off, when you couldnt hear them. The waterfalls would light up at night, which was very gorgeous.

And of course, Fantasy Waters. It could be consider the grandfather predecessor to WOC. The show was very simplistic, but still very enjoyable to watch and listen to. The show was nightly or near nightly. In addition, IT WAS FREE TO WATCH!

For those who haven't seen it, the show is posted below(Not my video)
            Disney should bring back Fantasy Waters, for free. It'd be a nice amenity and add to the ambiance that is now hardly-used fake grass. Seeing as how the monorail is down half the time, it's the least they could do. But they won't, because it's one of those things that only costs them money.

Comment

This show will never return sadly. It had its run and it was a good one. I know places where you can “technically” still watch the show in person and not on the internet. But it’ll require you to travel to Florida.

As for the show show we had here, it closed in 2004. Most of the remaining pieces are in my storage facility.

Comment

I stumbled on a video of the waterfalls. It's removal is still a sore spot for me. I still feel like its' removal at DLH was just because they didn't want to pay the money for it anymore (along with Fantasy Waters, the Express Elevator, The Jungle Cruise remote Boats, etc.).

For those that never got to see it, enjoy:

Comment

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post
                  I stumbled on a video of the waterfalls. It's removal is still a sore spot for me. I still feel like its' removal at DLH was just because they didn't want to pay the money for it anymore (along with Fantasy Waters, the Express Elevator, The Jungle Cruise remote Boats, etc.).

For those that never got to see it, enjoy:
                  Disney spun the removal as being more energy/water-friendly. Reality is, putting in simple fake grass allows them to save a bunch of money: no need to water fake grass, no need to pay to maintain and run waterfalls that generate no income... and fake grass is good for events that they can charge you for.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post

Disney spun the removal as being more energy/water-friendly. Reality is, putting in simple fake grass allows them to save a bunch of money: no need to water fake grass, no need to pay to maintain and run waterfalls that generate no income... and fake grass is good for events that they can charge you for.
                    You forgot the additional spin of "a simple layout, so not to confuse the guests".

Comment

Working...
                    X