Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America on Parade

America on Parade was a bicentennial parade at Disneyland and Disney World from 1975 to 1976. By the photographs of it, it looked amazing. I found the soundtrack for it on YouTube. It was incredible. I wish there was YouTube video of the parade.

I'm going to listen to the soundtrack for America on Parade. It was a good one and unfortunately it came and went before my time.

Comment

I have the America on Parade picture disc LP record framed at home. It is one of my favorite collectables. Everything Disney did with the bicentennial was fantastic.

Comment

I’ve got this classic on vinyl and on CD via the old Walt Disney World Forever kiosks. It’s worth noting that this was Don Dorsey’s first musical project before undertaking the classic new arrangements for the Main Street Electrical Parade in 1977 as he added Moog sounds to the Sadie Mae organ music.

Comment

I got this in the mail today. I don't know if it was made during the America on Parade's run at Disneyland/Walt Disney World. But it looks cool!

Comment

Keep checking YouTube. There are some videos of it. Not real quality, but you get the gist of what it was about. And it was special!

The characters were adorable, and the floats were amazing. They celebrated so many of the landmark events of our country's history in a colorful and creative way.

I remember this parade because I was in 5th grade at the time and our school district had a surplus of money. They sent all the 5th graders to see the parade as a precursor to what would be the bicentennial year the following year. We also got to ride all the attractions that had some significant tie to American history....Lincoln, America Sings, the Mark Twain, etc. We then got to choose one ride we wanted to go on. My friends and I chose Inner Space as we all loved it so much. It was a great day! Celebrating friendships, and America. Something Walt himself had a great love for.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X