This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News HKDL Expansion: Grizzly Trail

Plans for HKDL expansions have been seen and its not yet the POTC we were waiting for. HKDL's Frontierland (which name is Grizzly Something) will be very reminiscent of movies like White Fangs and Jack London's writings. the main attraction will be a train ride around a white mountain (think a smaller EE) with backwards sections. The area will be surrounded by shops and restaurants (saloon), and a waterplay playgrounds (yet another one!). I don't know if the project has been greenlit but the plans are officials

Re: HKDL Expansion: Grizzly Trail

Thanks for the update, Kinoo! La Rouquine mentioned that one of the working titles of the area is "Grizzly Peak", so we may see a new version of the California Adventure attraction.

It's great to see these plans taking shape!
    Originally posted by fizzog
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Just us the source of that information Kinoo. I do not believe much of that until I see it on an official Disney release.

Comment

The information comes from a very reliable and well-connected Cast Member at DLRP (who occasionally posts on these boards). He has provided inside scoops on everything from Toon Studio to Toy Story Mania, so I trust his word on this. He saw the plans backstage and confirms they are up-to-date, although, as with any Disney project, the details aren't fixed until the thing is built. What does seem certain is that when Frontierland finally appears in Hong Kong, it will be a far more rugged, wooded, mountainous kind of a place than we're familiar with.
        Originally posted by fizzog
        Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

^^^
          Wildernessland

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

Ugh. I thought they wanted to shy away from DCA, not clone it into an already struggling theme park.

Comment

Yeah, so a more north-woods approach. I like it! At least it's different, and will blend with the lush Adventureland. Plus, lots of trees, lots of shade! Bear Country at Disneyland used to be themed that way, and Critter Country is somewhat, but I'm sure this HKDL expansion would take it beyond just a few rustic log buildings...
              Meow

Comment

Originally posted by Kinoo View Post
                Plans for HKDL expansions have been seen and its not yet the POTC we were waiting for. HKDL's Frontierland (which name is Grizzly Something) will be very reminiscent of movies like White Fangs and Jack London's writings. the main attraction will be a train ride around a white mountain (think a smaller EE) with backwards sections. The area will be surrounded by shops and restaurants (saloon), and a waterplay playgrounds (yet another one!). I don't know if the project has been greenlit but the plans are officials
                Sounds interesting but I fear most of it will be lost in the end to cost cutting and it will just be another regular Frontierland.

I wonder where they're gonna put it though.

Comment

i wouldn't call it frontierland though. several ideas being considered are mostly expansions to the adventureland theme lots of jungle and forest themed ideas to fit the area already built

Comment

HK government and HKDL are still talking about a plan of 8 billion contribution.
                    Rumors say that the talk should end in September, though some problems may carry the deadline foward to December.
                    Anyway, the 08/09 Plan will come out before such plan being settle down. The company cannot wait anymore.
                    I think for a company with future sight, they will mainly handle that temporary site

Comment

Originally posted by Kinoo View Post

I was wondering if there had been any movement on this rumor or firmer details - name, time frame, etc.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X