Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
See more
See less

Space Mountain and Pooh HK

Collapse

Header Ad

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Space Mountain and Pooh HK

....and the rest of the World who has ridden TDL's Pooh as well.

Comment

Well, HK's Space Mountain always makes me WOW
      But the most 'WOW thing' at HKDL is JRC and the haunted hotel

Comment

I haven't been to the TDL's version of the Space Mountain. But as a local, its the most enjoyable roller coaster here. Those of you who have been to Ocean Park may disagree. Perhaps the mine train is cool. But I think On the scale of other DLs, I can't comment much because I don't remember them crisply to mke comments. But from what I've heard, our Space Mountain is one of the better ones, with a smoother track and good music =).

Now, I'm not disagreeing with some cheapness in some particular areas. But I think overall, the ride is well-maintained enough that worths rerides. I find everytime I go there (the first ride particularly), the complete darkness of the ride amuses me a lot. Oh, and how people don't understand sitting in the back row is the best O.o.

Oh and the pool ride, I think someone has mentioned our pool was not supposed to be E-ticket bomb like TDL's GPS controlled one. Its probably one of the filler rides for Fanstasyland. But people here LOVE it somehow, as it has one of the longest queues throughout the day. Well, if HKDL was bigger, then we might have had a bigger and better pooh.

Just to mention the Golden Mickey is one of the favourites here as well =) (I personally don't really like Jungle Cruise....I get splat with water EVERYTIME lol..)

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post

Crap? Hardly. Disney was dealing with an audience that had no expectations in regards to the Disney brand or it's stable of characters. The park may be small and lacking of some of the biggest rides we have at the other parks but it is still a very nicely done park, and all you have to do is look around to see the many happy faces of the chinese guests as they discover what is there to see and enjoy. So it may be 'crap' for those of us who are seasoned Disney fans but to the guests who have never been to a Disney park, this may be an extraordinary experience. Granted, all parks can not start as gloriously done as TDS was on opening day, but I firmly believe that what Disney started with HKDL will grow to become one of the company's most admired and beloved parks around. Let's be patient and allow the Disney people and Chinese goverment to redeem themselves and make this park better in the future.

AGREED!

Comment

Quote:
            Originally Posted by TDLFAN

Crap? Hardly. Disney was dealing with an audience that had no expectations in regards to the Disney brand or it's stable of characters. The park may be small and lacking of some of the biggest rides we have at the other parks but it is still a very nicely done park, and all you have to do is look around to see the many happy faces of the chinese guests as they discover what is there to see and enjoy. So it may be 'crap' for those of us who are seasoned Disney fans but to the guests who have never been to a Disney park, this may be an extraordinary experience. Granted, all parks can not start as gloriously done as TDS was on opening day, but I firmly believe that what Disney started with HKDL will grow to become one of the company's most admired and beloved parks around. Let's be patient and allow the Disney people and Chinese goverment to redeem themselves and make this park better in the future.

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
            AGREED!
            Yes, indeedy. Disneyland certainly had a humble begining. It suffered from a lack of attractions. The ambiance, however, was awesome and unique. What's more throngs of people from Japan and Europe went out of their way to visit the park from it's inception forward. The mainland Chinese are just becoming aquainted with fanciful resort escapes and the free market. Give it time.
            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
              -Jurassic Park

Comment

sometimes one wonders if the people in suits themselfes ever spent a day in their parks. HKDL is an empty egg with a gold painted shell

Comment

I honestly believe you are being too harsh Timmy. I was just there today and the parks was hopping with guests. The new year holiday entertainment was great and things were running smoothly. Again, I am not making excuses for the lack of some major rides, but still.. there is substance there. HKDL will get better and better as time goes on..and remember... I am a harsh critic and compare all the other resorts to TDR's excellence which is hard to beat.

Comment

Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-04-2009, 11:42 PM.

Comment

It is a clone lifted from WDW's MK, down to the Toad reference photo on the wall. The people at WDW are paying $80 a day to see the same crap and more similar to that.

there was a time when disneyland was something unique that impressed people. now we are getting closer and closer to a better looking sixflags... but without the thrills.
                      Blame Disney for that. This is what happens when you build a DL park in every corner of the World.

I really wish I could love the park for more than the looks.
                      Well, in fairness, I love the park not only for it's looks and location, but also for the differences it offers from the other DL parks and for the very unique special events they are hosting through the year. At WDW, you have to pay extra (after hours) hard ticket prices to enjoy similar events that guests at HKDL enjoy during regular daytime hours for much cheaper ticket prices. That alone redeems HKDL's other short comings in my book.

Comment

Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-04-2009, 06:27 AM.

Comment

I just had to paste this here...
                          It made me think of the greatness of the HKDL pooh ride...

http://micechat.com/forums/tokyo-dis...-thoughts.html

"Pooh’s Hunny Hunt - - OK…here goes…WTF happened when these Pooh rides in the States were being built?!?!?! Honestly! Please, someone tell me what happened? I’d been told about it. I’ve read about it. I saw Youtube videos of it. Nothing prepared me for the happiness that is Pooh’s Hunny Hunt! I don’t even know where to begin! This ride is WONDERFUL! No painted plywood flats here; Real AA figures; Full sets; Ridiculous special effects. Perfect example of the TDR “more” that I was talking about. This attraction is MORE! This is the ride I always thought Disney rides were like. When I went on Indy Adventure at Disneyland for the first time, when I rode the new Space Mountain, nothing made me smile like Hunny Hunt did! I don’t even like Pooh, but the playfulness of this attraction is infectious! You exit not really knowing what just happened but wanting to do it all over again. We rode twice, both times with Fastpasses. This is one great attraction!! (And I don’t even think it’s the best at TDR!)"

Comment

It's easy to wax positive on the park now that everything is shiny and new, but the real test of quality will be in twenty or thirty years. WDW and Eurodisney also started out with high standards but those eventually declined. Also let's remember that all the free seasonal celebrations are only likely an effort to compensate for the severe lack of rides. They may easily go away or become extra-price items once there is a full roster of attractions.
                            Down with the Hat

Comment

Comment

Timmy, and you too SuperMatt.. should know the answer to your questions in regards to the Pooh rides.
                                Disney is simply not willing to invest that much money on building quality rides that push the envelope as Hunny Hunt did at TDL. OLC is willing and able. Disney is able but not willing. It's really that simple. Screw the US parks, while charging more admission on comparable 4-day passports to those offered internationally.
                                HKDL was just built cheap and that is why it suffers. It's amazing they were able to craft HKDL to look "that" nice considering the budgets. And I personally like the look of HKDL over the MK, but still... Disney has become cheap cheap cheap. Sadly, OLC is listening and taking notes and I fear for the future of TDR because I am beginning to see them make the same mistakes the WDC has done in the past decade.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X