Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Space Mountain and Pooh HK

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Space Mountain and Pooh HK

While Hunny Hunt is the gold standard, I think there is a lot they could do with the other versions to improve them without necessarily using LPS technology. More advanced animatronics, higher quality materials, fewer 2D elements, more detailed sets, and a better color scheme would go a long way even without trackless vehicles. Also I think the storyline of the DL version works better than the MK / HKDL one.
    Down with the Hat

Comment

Agree with you Tasman in every respect. I too seem to be in the minority that of the "lesser" Pooh rides.. the DL one is actually the better version.

Comment

^^ Well...there are elements of the DL ride I liked better...the setting in Critter Country, the flow of the story (the scenes with the flood, Pooh being inside the tree, and the celebration at the end are better incorporated into the narrative), and some of the effects (the effect of pooh "leaving" his body, and some elements of the dream sequence work better here). On the other hand...DL Pooh's sets are very sparsely detailed, the animatronics struck me as even more primitive than the ones at the MK (I may be wrong about that, but it was my first impression), and colors in scenes such as the opening looked rather unnatural...in these respects I liked the MK's version. Also I guess the MK's version has to get some slack since it was the original.
        Down with the Hat

Comment

The only slack I give the MK version is how dirty and in need of maintenance ithas become. You can see dirt all over the bottom of the card board characters in the dream sequence..which is maginified tenfolds due to the black lighting. Simply horrible. At least the HKDL version, which is identical to the MK's, is cleaner and better maintained.

Comment

^^^ When stating that I would cut the MK's version some slack, I was referring to the storyline. I don't hold it against the MK's version that the DL version's storyline flows more smoothly (at least to me)...because DL's version came later and ideally should be an improvement on its predecessor. On the other hand HK's version came last and is for the most part a carbon copy of the MK's. Agree with you in regards to cleanliness / maintenance...but you have a better eye for those things than I do.
            Down with the Hat

Comment

Comment

For the record.. Hunny Hunt was the 2nd Pooh ride built. Other than WDC being cheap, there was no excuse for the Pooh rides at DL and HKDL to be crap. I expect that low level of quality from WDW, but the other parks? No, it should not be like that.

Comment

Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 04-24-2009, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Disney thought they were in for smooth sailing after the success of TDL. No one in my school either likes or goes to HKDL as much as i do. even when i try to start a discussion on HKDL the other just nod away and pretend to be interested. They all say every Disney park is for kiddies. HKDL has had a bad influence on HK people. They dont believe me when i say TDL and TDS are not just for kiddies or that WDW, DLP and DLR are all ages orientated. grrrrrr it's so annoying to defend HKDL!

Comment

Originally posted by hkdlfan View Post
                      Disney thought they were in for smooth sailing after the success of TDL. No one in my school either likes or goes to HKDL as much as i do. even when i try to start a discussion on HKDL the other just nod away and pretend to be interested. They all say every Disney park is for kiddies. HKDL has had a bad influence on HK people. They dont believe me when i say TDL and TDS are not just for kiddies or that WDW, DLP and DLR are all ages orientated. grrrrrr it's so annoying to defend HKDL!

Comment

Oh God Timmy!! The pandas are cute but you can go see them at other places close to home as well. But I tell you what.. I will go with your to HKDL If I happen to be there. Katsmom would probably also enjoy coming out to meet you.. and even hkdlfan would probably enjoy meeting as well.

Originally posted by hkdlfan
                        Then Don't. Disney is not doing a good job at that so why should we? But the problem is.. most people and not just those in HK, do not get that the Disney experience is not just about the rides and shows.. but also about the themes and atmospheres of the park. That is what has always set the DL parks apart from the pack. Anyone who thinks that DL parks are for kids is a total ignorant idiot about Disney.. Sadly, some of the management at Disney parks think that way, reason why the parks's offering have deteriorated some.
                        My take on this is simple.. but not necesarily true.. The WDC has been demoralized by the failure of EuroDisney, to the point of being extremely cautious in whatever they do in regards to theme parks. HKDL is a victim of that "do it cheap cheap cheap!" mentality from the Eisner years. If Iger does go ahead with Shanghai (and I hope not because that will be the last nail in HKDL's couffin me thinks) and builds a nice park there, it could signify the turning of the stone so to speak.. Personally I rather see them invest in HKDL than throw their resources again into another DL park.

Comment

I wouldnt say no to that. I can tell you when I know when I will be there

Comment

Comment

Shanghai, in my opinion, just needs to be as Magic Kingdom as Hong Kong is to Disneyland. Shanghai gets the wider market but Hong Kong gets the overall better park. If those 3 rumored lands are true, I think this is easy to achieve.

As far as Orlando, I agree. Same with Walt Disney Studios. My view on that park is totally different then DCA's problem. I honestly think that the only thing to make it better is a new entrance. That is it, the rest of their ideas are fine but either way it will be a mediocer park. Just add a new entrance and install the Ratatouille ride. Then move on to the 3rd park and make it a better version of WDW in Europe.

Tokyo Disneyland Resort is fine.

Disneyland Resort is headed in the right direction but DCA needs phase 2 with a revamp of the stupid Hollywood Pictures Backlot into a much more classy Hollywoodland and the retheme of the farming area with limiting Bugsland to Flick's Fun Farm. The farming area would be GREAT for a San Francisco area with a similar style to the coziness of New Orleans Square.

Hong Kong needs atleast 2 more, high quality, dark rides. Peter Pan is a given and then Snow White or Pinochio, what ever one is fine. Then they need Star Tours to appeal to the older audiences, preferably Star Tours 2.0. Adventureland needs a suped up version of the Enchanted Tiki Room with all star effects and 0 characters. Then it needs the Wilderness area with a mine shaft, Expedition Everest style roller coaster. Inside that mountain would be an indoor artic enviorment with a train ride with polar bears and other animals, as well as a small snow slope that would be like a playground for younger ones. Then the adventure area with a over the top Haunted Mansion and Pirates Splash Mountain. In later expansion, TSM into Fantasyland and then Gyser Mountain to Frontierland. Adventureland would draw guest through it being the point where you have to go through to get to the later areas. Then a nice nighttime parade too. I think that if Disneyland Paris gets a new nighttime parade and ships Fantillusion to Hong Kong Disneyland, it would be GREAT.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                Oh God Timmy!! The pandas are cute but you can go see them at other places close to home as well. But I tell you what.. I will go with your to HKDL If I happen to be there. Katsmom would probably also enjoy coming out to meet you.. and even hkdlfan would probably enjoy meeting as well.
                                Will you join the Haunted Halloween this year, TDLFAN?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X