This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Civil works outside Adventureland

Few days ago, I discovered there were civil works outside Adventureland [ the expansion plan area ], seems the vehicles were very busy on their works, what will be happened? I don't know!

Last edited by keithlee83; 12-18-2008, 03:27 AM.
    Blog: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/tpl-keith

Re: Civil works outside Adventureland

Disney Co is offering to fund the expansion costs:

Disney makes offer to Hong Kong park - Entertainment News, International News, Media - Variety

Hong Kong's Disneyland to be expanded with aim to get out of red

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

HK govt wants to break the existing agreement and take more shareholding in the park without having to pay up. Basically they want Disney to give up their share and pay for expansion. HK govt officers simply have no idea how businesses are run. Therefore the expansion is never going to happen.
      Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
      Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
      Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
      Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

Thanks goodness I don't live in HK anymore and there are other Disney parks for me to go visit. I feel bad for all the Disney fans in HK.

Comment

Great to see pictures like this!

HKDL is not making money yet... but how much less successful is than the other Disney parks all over the world the first years after they opened their gates? I think we all know that in a few years this park will could be a goldmine if they only put up the rides to draw the crowds.

Comment

There were crowds on Thursday (not a holiday). Look at the information board!

Mickey's Christmas House The wait time...

Sweet

There were few guests queuing for Pooh during Disney in the Stars

Also very crowded

There's a Christmas Market next to Crystal Arts

Captured with the hologram viewer

Resort Promenade
            Last edited by iluvHKDL; 12-19-2008, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Wow, that was random, especially on a weekday. Well done HKDL! i hope the crowds never mount up to those of TDL, that would be a disaster. i dunno why...i've always liked the park with less crowds, it makes it more unique and different from the other parks.

Comment

Thanks for the night photos. It's interesting to see how they decorated the HKDL castle, compared to the the DL castle in Anaheim. Looks like the trees might be very similar, too.
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

We made the mistake of going to the park yesterday. 1/2 day of school for all the kids. Tourists up the wazoo. We spent 6 hours in the park and rode NOTHING all of the wait times were upwards of 2 hours! The park was so crowded, you just couldn't walk. We did get a picture with Santa, the rest of the Christmas stickers, and sat for 45 minutes to watch the nightime Castle show. It took 20 minutes to get a bucket of popcorn! NEVER make the mistake of going on the last day for value passes before a holiday!

Comment

Originally posted by hkdlfan View Post
                    Wow, that was random, especially on a weekday. Well done HKDL! i hope the crowds never mount up to those of TDL, that would be a disaster. i dunno why...i've always liked the park with less crowds, it makes it more unique and different from the other parks.
                    Sadly, an empty park will not help make it prosper. Why do you think TDL is the best DL park all around? And in regards to crowded parks.. don't worry, HKDL does not have the capacity to take 90,000 guests a day like TDL does, so it will never be that crowded. As far as I know, HKDL tops at 30,000 guests max.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X