Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] When will HKDL get a Downtown Disney?

Do you know when HKDL will get a Downtown Disney or no?

Re: When will HKDL get a Downtown Disney?

Originally posted by disneyboi92 View Post
    Do you know when HKDL will get a Downtown Disney or no?
    There is talk that the car park at Sunny Bay station will be turned into a shopping and entertainment complex. But no decision has been made about who will run it. It could be HKDL but it could also be anyone.
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

I personally believe the current situation with attendance would not support business for a Downtown Disney district. Hopefully in the future.. it will.

Comment

Never happen in nearly future。
        Blog: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/tpl-keith

Comment

I would say, like the others, that its not something that won't happen, its just that it won't happen right now.

There are a few more things that need doing first before they address the DTD situation.
          sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
          Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
            I would say, like the others, that its not something that won't happen, its just that it won't happen right now.

There are a few more things that need doing first before they address the DTD situation.
            ^Agreed.

They have a lot of things to fix before they should plan the Downtown.

Comment

Definately agreed, I am sure there are plans for the future to have either a Downtown Disney or a Disney Village but it is probably a long way off, the next phase of the park needs to be completed first.

Comment

Definitely it is not time yet as the park has not even expanded to its full capacity. That time will come.
                My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

Comment

Actually there are plans to try and add a downtown Disney in the near future. The idea is to try and keep guest longer on property to help support the hotels. Adding a downtown Disney would add to a guest stay. The proposed ideas are two add Downtown Disney and then a couple more hotels along the waters edge while the first gate expands. Looking into the future they hope that those addition would help increase the overall guest attendance in the resort and position the area for a second gate.

The downtown Disney area would basically serve as a promenade between both gates with pathways that would lead to all the hotels along the waters edge

Comment

I think HKDLR will get a new hotel before DTD since their hotels are always full

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X