X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Day - Butts, Feet, and Urine

Well the actual headline is Chinese Bring Culture Shock to HK Disney
    Mainland Chinese tourists visiting Hong Kong Disneyland on its debut day smoked in non-smoking areas, went barefoot and even let children urinate in public
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=62379

Re: Opening Day - Butts, Feet, and Urine

Sounds like Spring Break Cancun!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

:thumbdown :thumbdown

I do hope they can learn some disney habits LOL! you know use a bathroom save a flower :blink:

Comment

EWwwwwwww

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Ahhhh, I love the differences between cultures.

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla
            you know use a bathroom save a flower :blink:
            Derail: ROFL! I have never heard a saying like that before.

Back on Topic: Wow, I couldn't imagine walking into a Disney park and seeing some kid urinating on the side of Main Street. :ceek:

Comment

This just goes back to Walt, where he wrote in 1955 "that guests could buy Pepsi-Cola but they can't pee in the street" over the fact that he had to choose between building restrooms or water fountains.
              I guess the Chinese wanted to show him they can pee in the street.

Maybe they should have let the main landers stay in thier pastures and let the more world-knowing Hong Kongers be the target audiance.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
                Maybe they should have let the main landers stay in thier pastures and let the more world-knowing Hong Kongers be the target audiance.
                Oh, that would build lots of good will with the homeys.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
                  This just goes back to Walt, where he wrote in 1955 "that guests could buy Pepsi-Cola but they can't pee in the street" over the fact that he had to choose between building restrooms or water fountains.
                  Did he really say Pepsi? THAT makes me curious!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by Not Afraid
                    Ahhhh, I love the differences between cultures.
                    Seriously, isn't it acceptable in some parts of Japan for boys to urinate on the streets? :blink:

Comment

Originally posted by Modern Folly
                      Seriously, isn't it acceptable in some parts of Japan for boys to urinate on the streets? :blink:
                      Or in Manhattahn or LA, i've seen it everywhere. Rio De Janiero is the worst though, The concrete in there main football stadium is crumbling and will have to be demolished because the men pee just about anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Modern Folly
                        In Tokyo is isn't acceptable for men to pee in public UNLESS they have been drinking - then it becomes perfectly acceptable.

You know, bathroom habits of different cultures are, well, different from ours. As Americans, we have to watch out and not impose out cultural values on a country we are visiting - even if we are invited. I would have thought Disney had learned something from their success in Japan and their failure in France.

Comment

Childrer urinating in public is something I have seen at DLParis several times as well.. Also entire families walking into a restroom. One time I was doing my business at the urinal and I hear this woman's voice next to me, and there she is! standing 2 feet away from me while I am taking a leak, as she and two kids are waiting for her husband to do his thing! I was like...appalled!!

Comment

One thing that almanot did not mension is the cultural fact that Chinese spit much more than Americans do. It is acceptable for very loud sounds of spiting to be heard in China.

But what one culture finds acceptable is different around the world. It just does not make me want to go to HK Disneyland! :blink:
                            Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

Originally posted by LuvsLilo
                              Derail: ROFL! I have never heard a saying like that before.

Back on Topic: Wow, I couldn't imagine walking into a Disney park and seeing some kid urinating on the side of Main Street. :ceek:
                              Uh, have you ever been to Disneyland Resort Paris? The stories I could tell...
                              Originally posted by fizzog
                              Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X