Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when will HKDL start construction of new lands?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] when will HKDL start construction of new lands?

I just wanna know when they will start making the new lands?

Does the hong kong government granted hong kong disneyland a permission to start constructing the new lands?

Does there are any news that hong kong disneyland will start the construction of new lands?

I just want to know, coz I'm excited about the new plans for hong kong disneyland?

Re: when will HKDL start construction of new lands?

I wish i knew

Comment

We'll have to wait until we hear official announcement from Disney. Then we know the project has been approved. I suspect only prep-work for the expansion is occuring nothing else.

Comment

In Today's HK 2009-2010 budget:

We are actively discussing with The Walt Disney Company the expansion of Hong Kong Disneyland and any capital realignment of the joint-venture company involved. We hope that agreement will soon be reached on a proposal that will both make Hong Kong Disneyland more attractive as well as serve the overall interests of Hong Kong.

Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
        Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
        Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
        Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

You have been 'actively discussing' HKDl's expansion plans for years. It does not take this long to just say YES or NO. All the gov't has to do is YES or NO. Simple as that. How hard can it be?

Comment

youre right hkdlfan..
            I am thinking that the walt disney company is having a tough condition with the hong kong government.
            This is another question..

While building the parks, why they cut budget?
            the one who cut the budget for bui;ding the park is the walt disney company or the hong kong government?

Comment

Maybe wait until Shanghai Disneyland gets built up first see if they cannabalize the HKDL marketshare. If it is effective it will probably get the govt to rethink their strategy pump more money into the park.

Comment

Originally posted by hkdlfan View Post
                You have been 'actively discussing' HKDl's expansion plans for years. It does not take this long to just say YES or NO. All the gov't has to do is YES or NO. Simple as that. How hard can it be?
                You know how those bureaucrats love their red tape.

I agree though, just rubber stamp the darn thing already!!
                sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                Walt Disney

Comment

Comment

Well I no next to nothing about the day to day politics in the SAR but it does concern me that they're dragging their heels so much on this.
                    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                    Walt Disney

Comment

They just want instant Disneyland that can break even in 3 minutes!

Instead, many of the hong kong politicians believe that the expansion is under construction. Some of them even think that letting Hong Kong Disneyland to expand is a wastage of money. As they believe Disneyland has been out dated and HKDL will be defeated by Ocean Park eventually.

Comment

When HKDL is like TDL (just as big, and just as good), TDL will be in space.

Comment

They are just too worried about their political future. Tung Chee-Hwa was the man who orchestrated the idea of a Disneyland in HK and he is gone.

Some of the legislators want more control and say in how the park is going to be developed. They feel, I suppose quite rightly, that what HKDL has now are the exact same rides that you can find in other DLs or even other theme parks. They demand something new and something different that is unique for HK which I think is fair.

Also, they are worried about Shanghai DL, which promises to be bigger and better. If SDL is indeed bigger and better, then why spend on HKDL now? Why not give it up altogether?

I think we may know more when the plans of SDL becomes clear.
                          Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
                          Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
                          Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
                          Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
                          Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
                          Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
                          Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X