Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is disneyland paris faced the hong kong disney problem?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is disneyland paris faced the hong kong disney problem?

I am so curious about if hong kong disneyland had the same problem like the euro disney?

Re: Is disneyland paris faced the hong kong disney problem?

Well Disney had huge budget cuts in Hong Kong while Paris failed after the opening. Hong Kong kind of failed pre-opening.

Comment

Biggest problem at EDL was that they built way too many hotels.
      ----
      Cheers,
      Zarniwoop

Comment

Originally posted by Zarniwoop View Post
        Biggest problem at EDL was that they built way too many hotels.
        Yup even though EDL had attendance levels below expectations, the park itself was never the main problem...the hotels...and many problems involving the employees, municipality, etc conspired to make things head south. But despite all that, with a splendid centerpiece park, EDL / DLP always had a much firmer foundation than HKDL. Which is why HKDL's current dilemma is all the more ominous.
        Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by tasman View Post
          Yup even though EDL had attendance levels below expectations, the park itself was never the main problem...the hotels...and many problems involving the employees, municipality, etc conspired to make things head south. But despite all that, with a splendid centerpiece park, EDL / DLP always had a much firmer foundation than HKDL. Which is why HKDL's current dilemma is all the more ominous.
          Alot of what went wrong with DLP when it first open is explained in the wikipedia article. Disney failed to cater to cultural differences. I know one of the biggest screwups that occured when DLP opened was that alcohol wasnt allowed in the parks (and given what the country was known for...). Yeah.

I think Disney made a lot of missassumptions about what the French and the Chinese look for in theme park experiences and I think that's what really did both parks in.

Comment

On the upside, they've learnt from the "Paris Problem" how to promote a park that has no new attractions for long periods of time.
            sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
            Walt Disney

Comment

This is all fantasy do you really think the Disney Company would agree to take over all loans if the park was in any danger of closing. What we are seeing here with the job cuts is a game of call my bluff to see who will back down first.
              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X