X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News 2008 Theme Park Attendance

http://www.teaconnect.org/etea/TEAERA2008.pdf
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Re: 2008 Theme Park Attendance

If HKDL does not expand, then it will never go beyond 5m.
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

I believe the park was built to have a max 5.5mil so yes it does need to expand very quick.

So eventhough it has not reach its expected numbers it is not too far off from its capacity.

Someone more familiar with the Hong Kong park probably knows its capacity.

Comment

^^ Still the pull of the Disney name can be seen...for instance Islands of Adventure which I consider a far better park than HKDL, still manages only about 18% more attendance. At least HKDL is doing better than WDS-Paris, which would be dead by now if it wasn't for the great park next door. Problem for HKDL...as opposed to WDS...is that it was supposed to be the main draw, not the secondary one.
        Down with the Hat

Comment

Nice list you have huh...
          Music is my LIFE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asa View Post
            If HKDL does not expand, then it will never go beyond 5m.
            100% true

Comment

TDL is #1 in attendance. I wish the WDC would stop paying money to have the numbers fixed to make the MK look like the real winner, which is not.

Comment

This year's bump at HKDL was due to Small World. With nothing new this year plus the global recession's bite, the number will be back down to 4 million again.

Comment

Walt Disney is spinning so fast that he is halfway to China already. Is there any hope for HKDL to survive? Imagine this years number... no new anything at the park!

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                    TDL is #1 in attendance. I wish the WDC would stop paying money to have the numbers fixed to make the MK look like the real winner, which is not.
                    Just to be clear, you're saying that The Walt Disney Company, a publicly traded company, is illegally paying Economic Research Associates to manipulate numbers related to its business activity.

The phone number for the Securities and Exchange Commission is (202) 551-5400.

Please be sure to report this outrage immediately. Unless of course, you have no evidence.

Comment

Just to make sure TDL and TDS don't look too good, the total attendance TEA gave them for both parks is 500000 short of the real number Oriental Land released.

Comment

Comment

I have my doubts too. The Magic Kingdom has slow days. From what I gather, Tokyo Disneyland hasn't had one since about 1993. The numbers just seem... Unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe Lounge View Post
                            Just to be clear, you're saying that The Walt Disney Company, a publicly traded company, is illegally paying Economic Research Associates to manipulate numbers related to its business activity.

The phone number for the Securities and Exchange Commission is (202) 551-5400.

Please be sure to report this outrage immediately. Unless of course, you have no evidence.
                            Typical company stooge answer. You want proof? Go to TDL and the MK on any given day, off and on season.. and tell me which park handles the most guests per ride and square feet, and since you obviously have not been to TDR.. I guess you will have to take my (and others') opinions here with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                              Typical company stooge answer. You want proof? Go to TDL and the MK on any given day, off and on season.. and tell me which park handles the most guests per ride and square feet, and since you obviously have not been to TDR.. I guess you will have to take my (and others') opinions here with a grain of salt.
                              WDC is just jealous that oriental can handle their theme park better than WDC can manage their USA theme parks... which is all they care about, they don't care about poor HKDL.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X