This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Profit?

This is probably a stupid question but I was wondering with China being a communist country how does Disneyland Hong Kong make any profit?
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Re: Profit?

Originally posted by dogtherock View Post
    This is probably a stupid question but I was wondering with China being a communist country how does Disneyland Hong Kong make any profit?
    it ain't making a profit now. Still a money losing operation. China nowdays is just communist by name and its a free market economy.

As for Hong Kong its one of the world's free market economy from this link.

Comment

why the profits of HKDL is related to the China's communist system ?

btw, Hong Kong is under a separate economic system from China
      HK always ranks no.1 in Economic freedom and best investment environment....etc
      i would say HK enjoy more freedom than any EU/USA/Japan .....that makes thousands of international banks n companies set up headquarters in HK....

Comment

HKDL is not on communist soil. It will make a profit in time.. after Disney pimps it up.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
          HKDL is not on communist soil. It will make a profit in time.. after Disney pimps it up.
          Hong Kong's free market exists at the pleasure of an unelected, totalitarian regime.

And "pimps"? TDLFAN, just because a word becomes popular doesn't mean you have to use it. Oooooohhh, but you're just celebrating the lighter side of misygony.

Hypocrisy warning: in the unlikely event that the verb "pimp" spreads and becomes far more popular over the next two decades, and becomes divorced from its origins (the way "sucks" has), I reserve the right to use it.
          Last edited by jcruise86; 07-02-2009, 08:42 PM.

Comment

serious teacher typo

Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
            Hong Kong's free market exists at the pleasure of an unelected, totalitarian regime.

And "pimps"?
            TDLFAN, just because a word becomes popular doesn't mean you have to use it. Oooooohhh, but you're just celebrating the lighter side of [emphasis added] misygony. . .
            M-I-S-O-G-Y-N-Y
            As an English teacher I am required to publicly humiliate myself when I catch my own mistakes.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X