Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Profit?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Profit?

    This is probably a stupid question but I was wondering with China being a communist country how does Disneyland Hong Kong make any profit?
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

    SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

    Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

  • #2
    Re: Profit?

    Originally posted by dogtherock View Post
    This is probably a stupid question but I was wondering with China being a communist country how does Disneyland Hong Kong make any profit?
    it ain't making a profit now. Still a money losing operation. China nowdays is just communist by name and its a free market economy.

    As for Hong Kong its one of the world's free market economy from this link.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Profit?

      why the profits of HKDL is related to the China's communist system ?

      btw, Hong Kong is under a separate economic system from China
      HK always ranks no.1 in Economic freedom and best investment environment....etc
      i would say HK enjoy more freedom than any EU/USA/Japan .....that makes thousands of international banks n companies set up headquarters in HK....

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Profit?

        HKDL is not on communist soil. It will make a profit in time.. after Disney pimps it up.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
          HKDL is not on communist soil. It will make a profit in time.. after Disney pimps it up.
          Hong Kong's free market exists at the pleasure of an unelected, totalitarian regime.

          And "pimps"? TDLFAN, just because a word becomes popular doesn't mean you have to use it. Oooooohhh, but you're just celebrating the lighter side of misygony.

          Hypocrisy warning: in the unlikely event that the verb "pimp" spreads and becomes far more popular over the next two decades, and becomes divorced from its origins (the way "sucks" has), I reserve the right to use it.
          Last edited by jcruise86; 07-02-2009, 08:42 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            serious teacher typo

            Originally posted by jcruise86 View Post
            Hong Kong's free market exists at the pleasure of an unelected, totalitarian regime.

            And "pimps"?
            TDLFAN, just because a word becomes popular doesn't mean you have to use it. Oooooohhh, but you're just celebrating the lighter side of [emphasis added] misygony. . .
            M-I-S-O-G-Y-N-Y
            As an English teacher I am required to publicly humiliate myself when I catch my own mistakes.

            Comment

            Ad Widget

            Collapse
            Working...
            X