This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] The Haunted Mansion HKDL

I heard they're going to put the Haunted Mansion in Adventureland. Anyone else know anything about this apparent idea?
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Re: The Haunted Mansion HKDL

WE have been hearing this rumor for a long time now. No one outside Glendale knows anything. Me? I will believe it's happening when the "coming in 20.." signs go up on that contruction wall.

Comment

Since the opening of the park rumours are just circling around. But I hope they will not copy the other mansion like the scenes. I want something new to this park's haunted mansion to feel unique and very special.

Comment

You know there are news that hkdl will start the construction if the government signs the contract. But when it will be signed off? No one knows. I read this news all over the net. I think they will signed the contract..hmmmmmmmmmnn. dunno

Comment

Comment

There will not be any new attraction in HKDL, until Hong Kong government and Walt Disney Company make an agreement on the funding issue.
            Hopefully it will be made in this year...

Comment

I been Lurking on the hong kong threads for some time now looking for HM news.The rumors are to be put in A-land with a Voo Doo theme maybe DL facade and more on the lines of phantom manor on the inside.

Comment

Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-30-2009, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Where do all these thoughts of what a park "needs" come from? We all have hopes and guesses...but I am so thrown lately with this fanboy topic of "HKDL NEEDS MORE E-TICKETS!!!". Whatever happened to balance and solid attractions? Isn't WDW the best example of why quanity over quality is not better?

I mean...3-5 e-tickets and a new land don't necessarily mean the park will be an automatic winner. Does a new land have to include any attractions? Nope. Will these new e-tickets automatically be the blessing of life for HKDL? Nope.

What the park needs is balance. In today's day and age it seems A & B Tickets are loved by management because they are cheap...E-Tickets are the wishes of fanboys...and no one talks about the C & D Tickets. I mean just look at Animal Kingdom...all As Bs & Es with few C Tickets. Same with DHS. I mean the much belittled and malaigned DCA has more Cs than those two WDW parks do.

So we can sit here and say the "Park will never be a success without 5 more e-tickets!" but we don't know that. There is no denying the park needs capacity. And there is no denying the park needs an iconic attraction.

But the park also needs variety.

We could get 3-5 e-ticket clones and we'd all still be moaning and whining. But since this is really all about opinions, I think one unique spin on the Haunted Mansion could do just as much for the park as 3-5 of the same old e-tickets would.

Comment

even if hkdl introduced an E-ticket attraction, it also depends on the people. When I visit hong kong disneyland last june 12 2008, i can see many people there. It make me realize why the newly opened It's a small world has less people riding on it. There small world has long queue but when I go to that ride there is just 10-20 people falling on line in it. Maybe the problem is that theres just many dolls that represents the childrens of the world. Even if they upgrade an E tickte rde it will not really draw on crowds. It's like the people are going away in small world. But as I can see in the park the attraction that lures many people is the shows like mickeys philharmagic,golden mickeys and festival of the lion king.

I really hope that when they build an E ticket attraction it must be unique. Like in the pirates ride the rumour is that the scenes will be more based on the pirates films, it sounds suspicious but wait and see the difference if u ride that ride. The haunted mansion i hope it will be unique.

I think hkdl needs more is the shows. Like the fantasmic. The pirates and mansion is shows where animatronics move talk, acts and sing. In small world they just keep singing and daning, and iots random.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                      Where do all these thoughts of what a park "needs" come from? We all have hopes and guesses...but I am so thrown lately with this fanboy topic of "HKDL NEEDS MORE E-TICKETS!!!". Whatever happened to balance and solid attractions? Isn't WDW the best example of why quanity over quality is not better?

I mean...3-5 e-tickets and a new land don't necessarily mean the park will be an automatic winner. Does a new land have to include any attractions? Nope. Will these new e-tickets automatically be the blessing of life for HKDL? Nope.

What the park needs is balance. In today's day and age it seems A & B Tickets are loved by management because they are cheap...E-Tickets are the wishes of fanboys...and no one talks about the C & D Tickets. I mean just look at Animal Kingdom...all As Bs & Es with few C Tickets. Same with DHS. I mean the much belittled and malaigned DCA has more Cs than those two WDW parks do.

So we can sit here and say the "Park will never be a success without 5 more e-tickets!" but we don't know that. There is no denying the park needs capacity. And there is no denying the park needs an iconic attraction.

But the park also needs variety.

We could get 3-5 e-ticket clones and we'd all still be moaning and whining. But since this is really all about opinions, I think one unique spin on the Haunted Mansion could do just as much for the park as 3-5 of the same old e-tickets would.

Comment

Originally posted by hkdl View Post
                        even if hkdl introduced an E-ticket attraction, it also depends on the people. When I visit hong kong disneyland last june 12 2008, i can see many people there. It make me realize why the newly opened It's a small world has less people riding on it. There small world has long queue but when I go to that ride there is just 10-20 people falling on line in it. Maybe the problem is that theres just many dolls that represents the childrens of the world. Even if they upgrade an E tickte rde it will not really draw on crowds. It's like the people are going away in small world. But as I can see in the park the attraction that lures many people is the shows like mickeys philharmagic,golden mickeys and festival of the lion king.

I really hope that when they build an E ticket attraction it must be unique. Like in the pirates ride the rumour is that the scenes will be more based on the pirates films, it sounds suspicious but wait and see the difference if u ride that ride. The haunted mansion i hope it will be unique.

I think hkdl needs more is the shows. Like the fantasmic. The pirates and mansion is shows where animatronics move talk, acts and sing. In small world they just keep singing and daning, and iots random.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                          . It is a park of shame, failure and most of all the new signum for Disney, greed.
                          That's funny because other than the lack of rides, I find most people don't have issues with this park. It gets quite a few compliments, and many comparisons to WDW and why it is better.

What makes people go to a park? Good rides. HKDL is in desperate NEED of something that will build a line and make people say, "that ride is awesome". As it is now there is almost nothing if compared to other disneyparks.
                          I agree and disagree. A good park is SO much more than just rides. However, they do need a ride that makes people say "this place is awesome!"...a definitive ride.

After it has got one or two or even three E-tickets they can start to think about evening things out.
                          I disagree. They need to even things out as they go. Two or three e-tickets won't help them add capacity and things to do that they need. For the price, multiple rides of multiple ticket levels will do this. Just look at the saving grace model Disneyland Paris used in 1993-1995.

Comment

I agree with tloolgb. E tickets don't mean anything. Apparently TimmyTimmyTimmy doesn't know what a Disney park is. The first thing to do for the park is to add some C to D tickets (which can put the atmosphere to a next level)
                            Last edited by iluvHKDL; 05-30-2009, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I would ask you the same question, have you been to HKDL RECENTLY? The last time I went there was 2 days ago and I can tell you that it was packed. It is certainly not fighting for it's life because the guests there are always happy and look satisfied. HKDL bears no shame or failure because it has only just started 3 years ago and it will learn and grow and prosper. If you go to both Ocean Park and HKDL on a Saturday, you will see the SAME amount of crowds in both. AND HKDL has real sceneric beauty. It's scenery isn't made out of cement and plastic but it's backdrop is real which makes it unique from the other Disney parks. and don't you think it's a bit strange to compare a 3 year old baby to a 25 year old adult/teen?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X