• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mclubber
    replied
    Re: Disney Shanghai: Good for China, Bad for Hong Kong, BusinessWeek

Originally posted by hkdlfan View Post
    I always feared this. Disney is such a stupid company. WHY can they not improve their current parks all over the world especially HK rather than make another park?
    Shanghai govt on the other hand, flooded Disney with hot money to build the park. Its such a shame that Disney didn't give much time for Hong Kong to develop before working on Shanghai. Look at Anaheim and Orlando. Anaheim opened in the 1950's it took at least 30 yrs later (late 1970's) Orlando's Disney World was built. In this case, HKDL has only been 5 yrs of operation and has not made profit already its time to build another park in China.

Leave a comment:

• HKDLFAN
    replied

I always feared this. Disney is such a stupid company. WHY can they not improve their current parks all over the world especially HK rather than make another park?

Leave a comment:

• DarkSideoftheMouse
    replied

This could potentially be great for us Disney fans. It's not as though Disney and the HK government would close the park due to low attendance and lose their entire investment before it makes a profit. All this will make them do is continue to expand the park and add unique attractions to draw more visitors.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

No nostalgia for Michael Eisner's original Chinese park? The only park Michael Eisner ever set foot in.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

I feared this also. I think the planning of Hong Kong was so poor and inadequate that nobody will even plan to go to it now. They'll just save up for Shanghai.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Shanghai: Good for China, Bad for Hong Kong, BusinessWeek

Disney Shanghai: Good for China, Bad for Hong Kong
    Source : BusinessWeek

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X