Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HKDL aims to further expand the theme park or Resort (Expansion Plan B - Round 2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HKDL aims to further expand the theme park or Resort (Expansion Plan B - Round 2)

^^ Well I just thought something based on the Long Beach Port Disney concept would be sufficiently different from Tokyo DisneySea to have its own identity. The Long Beach concept would have included areas with real animals - and given the popularity of animals over at Ocean Park, I don't think this would have hurt. It could also have a real port and be the base for a Disney Cruise Line for Asia, just as the Long Beach one was intended to for the West Coast. There could be attractions and themed areas different from DisneySea...perhaps a clone of the Little Mermaid ride, etc. I guess it all depends on you consider "sufficiently different"...but I think if the park was built without cuts in quality from the concept, that would probably be impressive and different enough to attract Japanese Disney fans.
    Down with the Hat

Comment

Re: HKDL aims to further expand the theme park or Resort (Expansion Plan B - Round 2)

I wonder if this means a Splash Mountain or Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

The Disney sea idea for long beach was very diferent than the Disney sea idea created for Tokyo.

I think that if they took the Disney sea idea of long beach the diferences between each park would be enough to justify a trip to hong kong and tokyo.

not that they intend of building a Disney sea in Hong Kong but the Disney company has a greater advantage of building one there and luring guests from tokyo since they are basically a majority owner in the Hong Kong project. Disney does not own any part of the Tokyo projects. They basically just get paid royalties.

Comment

Working...
        X