Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HKDL aims to further expand the theme park or Resort (Expansion Plan B - Round 2)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] HKDL aims to further expand the theme park or Resort (Expansion Plan B - Round 2)

HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Hong Kong Disneyland aims to further expand the theme park, on top of the expansion approved earlier this year, because of the planned opening of the Shanghai Disneyland park, the Hong Kong Economic Times reported Monday, citing an unnamed source.

The theme park, 52%-owned by the Hong Kong government and 48% by Walt Disney Co. (DIS 30.35, -0.26, -0.85%) , aims to complete the second expansion by 2015, when the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge is scheduled to be completed, the paper reported the source as saying.

In July, the city's legislature approved a plan by Walt Disney and the Hong Kong government to expand the park in phases over five years.
    Source : Market Watch

But spokeman for HKDL denies the rumor today, due to the fact that negotiation for 2nd round of Expansion between HK Gov and WDC has not started yet.

香港迪士尼樂園(Hong Kong Disneyland)週一否認了有關其計劃進行第二輪擴建的報導﹐第一倫擴建計劃已於今年7月份獲得香港 立法會(Legislative Council)批准。

《香港經濟日報》週一援引未具名消息人士的話報導稱﹐受上海迪士尼樂園計劃影響﹐香港迪士尼樂園計劃進行進 一步擴建。

香港迪士尼樂園發言人Lo Bing-Chung稱﹐公司兩大股東尚未就第二輪擴建事宜進行商討。香港政府和華特-迪士尼公司(Walt Disney Co., DIS)分別持有該主題公園52%及48%的股權。

這位發言人稱﹐香港迪士尼樂園目前正專注建設於7月份獲得香港立法會批准的三個主題園區。香港立法會在今年 7月份通過了華特-迪士尼公司和香港政府在未來五年擴建香港迪士尼樂園的計劃。
    Source : Chinese Wall Street Journal

------------------

by denying the rumor, the spokeman for HKDL indirectly admit that there might be another expansion on top of the approved expansion earlier this year.

Re: HKDL aims to further expand the theme park or Resort (Expansion Plan B - Round 2)

All I now is there's a forth expansion plot due south of GT.
    And a gigantic multi-hectare of land adjacent to the park perfect for hotel space,a Disney Village and maybe a satelliting second gate.
    Walt Disney Studios Hong Kong has a nice ring if you know what I mean.
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

Comment

Re: HKDL aims to further expand the theme park or Resort (Expansion Plan B - Round 2)

Originally posted by dead_mau5 View Post
      all i now is there's a forth expansion plot due south of gt.
      And a gigantic multi-hectare of land adjacent to the park perfect for hotel space,a disney village and maybe a satelliting second gate.
      walt disney studios hong kong has a nice ring if you know what i mean.
      gt?

Comment

^Grizzly Trail :blush:
        shoots bullets!

Comment

Originally posted by dead_Mau5 View Post
          All I now is there's a forth expansion plot due south of GT.
          And a gigantic multi-hectare of land adjacent to the park perfect for hotel space,a Disney Village and maybe a satelliting second gate.
          Walt Disney Studios Hong Kong has a nice ring if you know what I mean.
          A fake movie studio? Lol, only Sunset Blvd.. and the entrance to WDS are any good.
          -Tyler

Comment

Only if it's not a "FAKE" movie studio, but a real facility where they shoot a lot of "Hong Kong" movies, Disney and non Disney productions alike could rent and use the new state of the art facilities. The Disney MGM project could actually work here. If it's a fake studio, don't bother.

Comment

I'm just saying Studios cause I doubt they'll get Epcot.
              shoots bullets!

Comment

they could always go with a disneysea since it is right on the ocean.

Comment

Hopefully this proves to be true; it is interesting that Disney is spurring competition amongst itself though.
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I hope to attend HKDL by the end of its expansion . I have no reason to go to it now. Im also hoping Shanghai will be a fulls day worth by the time I decide to visit, but I doubt it will be that way when it first open.

Comment

Hong Kong Disneyland (Hong Kong Disneyland) Monday denied allegations that its planned expansion of the second round of reports, the first LUN expansion project in July this year the Hong Kong Legislative Council (Legislative Council) approval.

"Hong Kong Economic Daily" Monday quoted unnamed sources as saying that Shanghai Disneyland affected by the scheme by the Hong Kong Disneyland plans further expansion.

Hong Kong Disneyland spokesman Lo Bing-Chung said the company's two shareholders have yet to discuss matters relating to the second round of expansion. Hong Kong government and Walt - The Walt Disney Company (Walt Disney Co., DIS) theme park were holding the 52% and 48% of the shares.

The spokesman said Hong Kong Disneyland is now focused on building the Hong Kong Legislative Council in July approved by the three theme park. Hong Kong Legislative Council passed in July this year, Walt - Walt Disney Company and Hong Kong in the next five years, Hong Kong Disneyland expansion plans.

Comment

I think the second gate could be a "Marveland". This will be new and unique among all DLs, it will appeal more to boys as well.

I think HKDL does have plans for a third hotel. since the other two hotels are enjoying high occupancy rates. As far as I understand it is not part of the expansion plan and will be financed by Disney alone.

I think actually it will be really interesting if Disney partner with a local private hospital and open a Disney Children's Hospital at the site. The cheer that Disney can bring will help the poor children's recovery. The HK and Chinese parents are willing to pay a bit more so long that the children are well taken care of and Disney can do that.
                        Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
                        Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
                        Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
                        Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
                        Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
                        Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
                        Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

I personally dont think Marveland is a good choice. DisneySea is definitely a better choice. Anyway that's only my opinion.
                          My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

Comment

Disney's Chinese Adventure?

:/

one hundred and one

Comment

With the latest expansion this park and entire resort has enormous potential.

the grounds are great and the park itself is beautiful and once these rides get put in, another park would put it in competition with Tokyo.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X