Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

HKDL aims to further expand the theme park or Resort (Expansion Plan B - Round 2)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HKDL aims to further expand the theme park or Resort (Expansion Plan B - Round 2)

HONG KONG (MarketWatch) -- Hong Kong Disneyland aims to further expand the theme park, on top of the expansion approved earlier this year, because of the planned opening of the Shanghai Disneyland park, the Hong Kong Economic Times reported Monday, citing an unnamed source.

The theme park, 52%-owned by the Hong Kong government and 48% by Walt Disney Co. (DIS 30.35, -0.26, -0.85%) , aims to complete the second expansion by 2015, when the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge is scheduled to be completed, the paper reported the source as saying.

In July, the city's legislature approved a plan by Walt Disney and the Hong Kong government to expand the park in phases over five years.
    Source : Market Watch

But spokeman for HKDL denies the rumor today, due to the fact that negotiation for 2nd round of Expansion between HK Gov and WDC has not started yet.

香港迪士尼樂園(Hong Kong Disneyland)週一否認了有關其計劃進行第二輪擴建的報導﹐第一倫擴建計劃已於今年7月份獲得香港 立法會(Legislative Council)批准。

《香港經濟日報》週一援引未具名消息人士的話報導稱﹐受上海迪士尼樂園計劃影響﹐香港迪士尼樂園計劃進行進 一步擴建。

香港迪士尼樂園發言人Lo Bing-Chung稱﹐公司兩大股東尚未就第二輪擴建事宜進行商討。香港政府和華特-迪士尼公司(Walt Disney Co., DIS)分別持有該主題公園52%及48%的股權。

這位發言人稱﹐香港迪士尼樂園目前正專注建設於7月份獲得香港立法會批准的三個主題園區。香港立法會在今年 7月份通過了華特-迪士尼公司和香港政府在未來五年擴建香港迪士尼樂園的計劃。
    Source : Chinese Wall Street Journal

------------------

by denying the rumor, the spokeman for HKDL indirectly admit that there might be another expansion on top of the approved expansion earlier this year.

• Baloo
    replied
    Re: HKDL aims to further expand the theme park or Resort (Expansion Plan B - Round 2)

The Disney sea idea for long beach was very diferent than the Disney sea idea created for Tokyo.

I think that if they took the Disney sea idea of long beach the diferences between each park would be enough to justify a trip to hong kong and tokyo.

not that they intend of building a Disney sea in Hong Kong but the Disney company has a greater advantage of building one there and luring guests from tokyo since they are basically a majority owner in the Hong Kong project. Disney does not own any part of the Tokyo projects. They basically just get paid royalties.

Leave a comment:

• Kritter
    replied
    Re: HKDL aims to further expand the theme park or Resort (Expansion Plan B - Round 2)

I wonder if this means a Splash Mountain or Pirates of the Caribbean

Leave a comment:

• tasman
    replied

^^ Well I just thought something based on the Long Beach Port Disney concept would be sufficiently different from Tokyo DisneySea to have its own identity. The Long Beach concept would have included areas with real animals - and given the popularity of animals over at Ocean Park, I don't think this would have hurt. It could also have a real port and be the base for a Disney Cruise Line for Asia, just as the Long Beach one was intended to for the West Coast. There could be attractions and themed areas different from DisneySea...perhaps a clone of the Little Mermaid ride, etc. I guess it all depends on you consider "sufficiently different"...but I think if the park was built without cuts in quality from the concept, that would probably be impressive and different enough to attract Japanese Disney fans.

Leave a comment:

• lighttragic
    replied

its not a matter of location... Tokyo Bay is a great fit for where disney sea is , it just doesnt make sense to have tokyo disney seas in asia... In orfer to entice japanese tourists to visit HKDL they need to do something unique for the second gate,

Leave a comment:

• tasman
    replied

^^ IMO the Hong Kong site is an even better location for a DisneySea-ish park than the one in Tokyo. There is no reason why it would have to be a clone of the Tokyo park. The version designed for Long Beach (model pictured below) in the early 1990s would be a great fit IMO. But of course I don't expect them to spend that kind of money.

Leave a comment:

• lighttragic
    replied

It really doesnt make sense to have Disney sea so close to tokyo... Perhaps if disney sea were built out on the westcoast it would be a different story. I agree that marvelworld or land , would be a great second gate to Hong Kong , however my gut tells me they would develop a studio park and just have an area for marvel similar to how disneys hollywood studios in florida has pixar place... I am tired of the studio parks but I think sadly its what disney is going to do.

Leave a comment:

• Asa
    replied

Originally posted by josh_kslow View Post
    I personally dont think Marveland is a good choice. DisneySea is definitely a better choice. Anyway that's only my opinion.
    Why build another DisneySea in HK? It will just draw comparison with TDS and it will end with comments like: "It's too small, it hasn't got enough attractions, Tokyo is better, this part is new..." etc etc. It will also mean Japanese visitors to HK, for which there are many, will have less incentive to come to HKDL.

YOU may want to go to Tokyo DisneySea, but we don't want another same same park in HKDL, it won't benefit us. We NEED unique attractions.

Leave a comment:

• Ice101
    replied

Originally posted by RocknGuitar View Post
    With the latest expansion this park and entire resort has enormous potential.

the grounds are great and the park itself is beautiful and once these rides get put in, another park would put it in competition with Tokyo.
    Too bad the current Disney management is too cheap for anything like that to happen.

Leave a comment:

• RocknGuitar
    replied

With the latest expansion this park and entire resort has enormous potential.

the grounds are great and the park itself is beautiful and once these rides get put in, another park would put it in competition with Tokyo.

Leave a comment:

• Imagineer Scott
    replied

Disney's Chinese Adventure?

:/

Leave a comment:

• josh_kslow
    replied

I personally dont think Marveland is a good choice. DisneySea is definitely a better choice. Anyway that's only my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Asa
    replied

I think the second gate could be a "Marveland". This will be new and unique among all DLs, it will appeal more to boys as well.

I think HKDL does have plans for a third hotel. since the other two hotels are enjoying high occupancy rates. As far as I understand it is not part of the expansion plan and will be financed by Disney alone.

I think actually it will be really interesting if Disney partner with a local private hospital and open a Disney Children's Hospital at the site. The cheer that Disney can bring will help the poor children's recovery. The HK and Chinese parents are willing to pay a bit more so long that the children are well taken care of and Disney can do that.

Leave a comment:

• lighttragic
    replied

Hong Kong Disneyland (Hong Kong Disneyland) Monday denied allegations that its planned expansion of the second round of reports, the first LUN expansion project in July this year the Hong Kong Legislative Council (Legislative Council) approval.

"Hong Kong Economic Daily" Monday quoted unnamed sources as saying that Shanghai Disneyland affected by the scheme by the Hong Kong Disneyland plans further expansion.

Hong Kong Disneyland spokesman Lo Bing-Chung said the company's two shareholders have yet to discuss matters relating to the second round of expansion. Hong Kong government and Walt - The Walt Disney Company (Walt Disney Co., DIS) theme park were holding the 52% and 48% of the shares.

The spokesman said Hong Kong Disneyland is now focused on building the Hong Kong Legislative Council in July approved by the three theme park. Hong Kong Legislative Council passed in July this year, Walt - Walt Disney Company and Hong Kong in the next five years, Hong Kong Disneyland expansion plans.

Leave a comment:

• lighttragic
    replied

I hope to attend HKDL by the end of its expansion . I have no reason to go to it now. Im also hoping Shanghai will be a fulls day worth by the time I decide to visit, but I doubt it will be that way when it first open.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X