This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toy Story Land low Capacity !

OH NO!!! They are going to add that mess to HKDL. Has anyone seen what this "Playland" looks like at Walt Disney Studios Paris??? Why are they going to add that hideosity? Hong Kong Disneyland was built somewhat right the first time, just keep adding quality attractions like the other two they announced. The Toy Story land looks like Six Flags. This really is a disappointment. Add to the great theming, don't throw it into a further mess like WDSP.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
      OH NO!!! They are going to add that mess to HKDL. Has anyone seen what this "Playland" looks like at Walt Disney Studios Paris??? Why are they going to add that hideosity? Hong Kong Disneyland was built somewhat right the first time, just keep adding quality attractions like the other two they announced. The Toy Story land looks like Six Flags. This really is a disappointment. Add to the great theming, don't throw it into a further mess like WDSP.
      That's what us think. HKDL is mainly built for the people of HK and Mainlanders. A similar land of the same genre (carnival) exists in HKDL's rival Ocean Park and it is the most popular/crowded land in that theme park. I think this addition will be most welcomed by the Chinese public as they tend to enjoy carnival-themed playful, colorful rides.

Winnie the Pooh and Dumbo are currently the most visited rides at HKDL whereas an awesome high-speed thrill ride Space mountain, is almost the LEAST visited ride.

Comment

Originally posted by HKDLFAN View Post
        That's what us think. HKDL is mainly built for the people of HK and Mainlanders. A similar land of the same genre (carnival) exists in HKDL's rival Ocean Park and it is the most popular/crowded land in that theme park. I think this addition will be most welcomed by the Chinese public as they tend to enjoy carnival-themed playful, colorful rides.
        I didn't realise that OP had something similar. And if its the case that its a perennial favourite I can now understand why they green lit Playland.

I know its not pretty, but if it has a chance to prove its worth by attracting a few folk over, then all the better.
        sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
        Walt Disney

Comment

yearp when they were promoting the whole expansion idea to the public they used high-tech ride systems to promote grizzly gulch and mystic point instead of mentioning things such as roller coaster and e-ticket rides where as toy story land was stated just as toy story land which hongkers are more costumed too! my last visit to hkd did see buzz and stitch packed compared to space mountain which had no wait i would also like to point out hkd has gotten much more crowded over the last year and waits on rides like Pooh! are 20-30 mins on the weekends now and this is pre-summer still imagine the summer....

Comment

Winnie the Pooh and Dumbo are currently the most visited rides at HKDL whereas an awesome high-speed thrill ride Space mountain, is almost the LEAST visited ride.
            space mountains ride capacity is 2400 plus per hour compared to under a 1,000 or less with pooh and dumbo its natural the wait times are going to be longer. especially when the park only attracts around 13,000 a day..

Comment

So when you see huge lines for TSL and smaller lines for Mystic and Grizzly, just remember ride capacity has something to do with it!

Its just a shame Disney and some on here also, can't see what a problem this could be in the future.
              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by lighttragic View Post
                space mountains ride capacity is 2400 plus per hour compared to under a 1,000 or less with pooh and dumbo its natural the wait times are going to be longer. especially when the park only attracts around 13,000 a day..
                Space Mountain's line is actually EMPTY unless on peak days and public holidays. SMs line has generally always been 10 mins but the actual wait time is probably 3 minutes or so depending on what day you visit. Dumbo reaches up to 45 mins on average and Pooh once peaked to 60. And Autopia is ALWAYS 45-75 mins. You can actually count how many people visit both SM or Dumbo and see that fewer people board the vehicles.

Comment

I think this addition will be most welcomed by the Chinese public as they tend to enjoy carnival-themed playful, colorful rides.
                  I think my counter to that would be that is because they don't know any better. Outside of Disney and a few select Happy Valley parks that is all they know. They have a hard time "imagining" what is inside a building, so naturally they gravitate towards the rides they can see because that is what 99% of the rides in China are.

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                    I think my counter to that would be that is because they don't know any better. Outside of Disney and a few select Happy Valley parks that is all they know. They have a hard time "imagining" what is inside a building, so naturally they gravitate towards the rides they can see because that is what 99% of the rides in China are.
                    That's why this particular Disneyland is called 'HONG KONG DISNEYLAND'. The people running the park are dam well right to have a Toy Story Land in their expansion rather than something that has more substance e.g Indiana Jones Adventure. HONG KONG DISNEYLAND was built for the Chinese people and not for the lucky Americans, French or Japanese. The vast vast vast majority of their patrons are CHINESE and they can get even more if they make what is popular.

I'm not being intentionally stereotypical here but more foreigners (filipinos, and other tourists) ride Space Mountain than Chinese people. It is more likely that you will find more Chinese people at Dumbo or the Carousel. So kudos to HKDL management for TSL.

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
                      No I feel its you thats not understanding, you can spin the numbers all you want, but it does not change the fact that each new park attraction at TSL will have a very low hourly rate. This is going to result in longer waits preventing Guest from spending more money at the park, and leaving them feeling frustrated which will do nothing for the parks reputation.

Looking at the combined total number the land could pull in is failing to look at the more important issue here!
                      It seems your argument is that these attractions will be too popular for their own good.

Comment

Absolutely and I think is a poor attitude to expect Guest's to have to wait in the hot and humid weather for possibly 60 minutes for a ride that will last less than three minutes. I also disagree completely with the attitude of some on here that Guest's who don't want to wait can do something else or go and spend money in the Gift Shop.:verymad:

Comment

Alain Littaye was fortunate enough to be invited to a special preview of the Disneyland Paris version of Toy Story Land. Interesting I think that Alain raised the same concerns that I have been trying to address in this very thread.

My only concern is about the lenght of each ride. I think we can expect at least 45 minutes wait for each ride and the length of the new attractions will be one minute and a half for Parachute Drop and Slinky Dog Zig Zag Spin and one minute only for the RC Racer thrill attraction.
                          http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...d-preview.html

Overall Alain was impressed by this addition which will be good news for you folk in Hong Kong.

Comment

I have been following the devolpments in Paris all this week since the opening of TSPL. Here are the average wait times.

RC Racer 120 minutes
                            Toy Soldiers Parachute Jump 120 minutes
                            Slinky 90 minutes

Also I would like to point out that earlier this week Toy Soldiers Parachute Jump was closed all day. And it was the same problem yesterday with RC Racer.

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
                              RC Racer 120 minutes
                              Toy Soldiers Parachute Jump 120 minutes
                              Slinky 90 minutes.
                              I refuse to wait that long for 90% of E Ticket rides and coasters, that is utterly insane for such basic rides, though completely predictable. I wonder how disgruntled people are getting with those wait times.
                              "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Comment

Toy Story looks worse than the carnival in Animal Kingdom. Thank god its not in Disneyland California! What were they thinking?
                                Galactic Member

Comment

Originally posted by Casey Jr View Post
                                  Hong Kong Disneyland isn't even too crowded in the first place, I don't think a 15 minute line is that bad really. it's just like Dumbo or the Teacups, and those are wildly popular.
                                  Hong Kong Disneyland is not too crowded at the moment, but is the whole purpose for Toy Story Land not to increase attendance. Big Grizzly Mountain and Mystic Point will be able to handle the extra crowds who are turning up to see the new lands. But Toy Story Land and its attractions will unlikely be able hold its own here and with RC Racer only having a capacity of 600 per hour, its going to mean most Guest will end up leaving the park without having the chance to ride it.
                                  ibooks download
                                  ipad media

Comment

HONG KONG DISNEYLAND was built for the Chinese people and not for the lucky Americans, French or Japanese. The vast vast vast majority of their patrons are CHINESE and they can get even more if they make what is popular.

I'm not being intentionally stereotypical here but more foreigners (filipinos, and other tourists) ride Space Mountain than Chinese people. It is more likely that you will find more Chinese people at Dumbo or the Carousel. So kudos to HKDL management for TSL.
                                    Do you think it's a cultural factor that Chinese people don't ride Space Mountain (i.e. an aversion to "risky" thrill rides)? Is it because it's enclosed and therefore seems risky because they can't see the ride before entering the queue, or it is because it's a thrill ride on which they could get motion sick (it's been said that Chinese people are more prone to motion sickness than others)? Do the local Chinese go on the thrill rides at Ocean Park? If so, is that because they can see the track?

Comment

Originally posted by spacejockey View Post
                                      Toy Story looks worse than the carnival in Animal Kingdom. Thank god its not in Disneyland California! What were they thinking?
                                      No, it doesn't. I HATE those carni-rides in DAK. It's the only area of the park that I don't like; the only area that is horribly themed. The areas of TSL are actually nicely themed. It looks like it's a nice family area to take your kids when they want to experience the world of Toy Story. I don't have a problem with it. DAK is a great park, just needs more great rides, and Beastly Kingdom to complete the balance of extinct, living and mythical animals.

TSL is being completed first because it's a relatively simple land to construct. The other areas will take longer which is why we have to wait until 2012 for Grizzly and 2013-14 for Mystic Manor. MM is going to be the premiere attraction at that park. I just hope they still add a few classic attractions over the next few years as well, like Snow White, ect.

As for that Glacier Bay, I don't blame Disney for that. That's the Hong Kong goverment that canned it. They thought it was too close to a project that Ocean Park is getting. It's no use blaming Disney for that not happening. Maybe it'll pop up in Shanghai Disneyland.

ImagineerWarrior

Comment

Amen! I can attest to this, as I'm one of those. You all know the wait times of SM in the DL and MK parks. Each visit, I'd only sneak in one ride on SM before I move on to the other rides (I usually reserve my fastpass for Splash or Big Thunder), but in HK, I ride SM to my heart's content.

I believe HKDLFAN already mentioned it before, they're generally not big on the theme per se, as the rides on Ocean Park have long wait times as well (not due to extremely long lines, just low capacity rides).

@Indianajack I'm totally guessing here, but I think it's because of the perception of HKDL as a children's park that SM is not that big of a hit. After all, why spend more when there's only one coaster/thrill ride?

It all boils down to E-ticket attractions. The general consensus may be vary on what makes an E-ticket, but thrill rides (or their cousins, the mildly thrilling carnival rides) will win people over.

Expansions, even if they're mini-lands, should do the trick. Even TSL is important to this plan, even if I'd rather that they clone all those Fantasyland dark rides.

Comment

Originally posted by indianajack View Post
                                          Do you think it's a cultural factor that Chinese people don't ride Space Mountain (i.e. an aversion to "risky" thrill rides)? Is it because it's enclosed and therefore seems risky because they can't see the ride before entering the queue, or it is because it's a thrill ride on which they could get motion sick (it's been said that Chinese people are more prone to motion sickness than others)? Do the local Chinese go on the thrill rides at Ocean Park? If so, is that because they can see the track?
                                          Locals are HONGKONGERS, we are different from the mainlanders.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X