This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] A Sparkling Christmas-26/12/09 [Photo Heavy]

This isn't gonna be a huge trip report like my Halloween one. I've learned my lesson from Photobucket's ruthlessness. So I've shortened this TR to only include scenes from the park that have been decorated for Xmas (basically most of Main St. and a few random ones):

New posters:

Whale Fountain

Entrance

Train Station

Holographic projector

Re: A Sparkling Christmas-26/12/09 [Photo Heavy]

Main Street Christmas

Comment

The Hub

Giant gift cards outside IASW

Comment

It's A Small World Christmas. I didn't take any pictures of the ride because I didn't realize at the time I could have shared the pics here at MC.

Comment

Night Shots of the park

And that's that! for now until I post another TR in January. Hopefully I'll be in the park for New Year. Please excuse the quality of photos, I used my Iphone.

Comment

Thanks HKDLFan for your consistent contribution to this thread.

I love how understated and elegant all the Christmas additions and decorations in the park and nothing too over the top like in other Disneyland parks like DLP. I really like the big snowflake in the hub. Was this taken before or after Christmas Day? Do you live in Discovery Bay btw?

Happy New Year xx

Comment

Amazing photos! I love HKDL its a small world. did it light up at night? and the castle looks amazing too.
              "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-synthe-magnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

Comment

Nice shots, makes me want to go out to Hong Kong even more

Comment

Originally posted by Richrichrichie View Post
                  Thanks HKDLFan for your consistent contribution to this thread.

I love how understated and elegant all the Christmas additions and decorations in the park and nothing too over the top like in other Disneyland parks like DLP. I really like the big snowflake in the hub. Was this taken before or after Christmas Day? Do you live in Discovery Bay btw?

Happy New Year xx
                  Your welcome. I went to HKDL after Christmas day (26th) and surprisingly it wasn't crowded compared to standard crowds in other Disney theme parks. I've been living in Tung Chung for almost 8 years so It's barely a 7-10 min ride from my house to HKDL.

Also, looking from Tarzan Treehouse, expansion hasn't progressed as fast as it did for IASW (heck, they had the layout for the bridge built in 3 weeks)

Happy New Year!

Comment

Wow their decorations are lovely. I especially like those cutout photo op things.
                    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                    Walt Disney

Comment

Thanks for the pictures! Excellent considering you were using your phone.

If only my blackberry could last a whole day at the parks (it drains fast even when i'm NOT using it. I think something's wrong with it honestly)

Comment

I'm sure my iphone has a shorter battery life than the Blackberry. NEVER be fooled by Apple when they say the 3GS model has longer-life battery...

Comment

Well, mine lasts 1 day MAX, even when i'm not using it.

ON TOPIC: I really like how each park has it's own personality. For example, HKDL has the more clean-cut snow lighting on the castle while DLR has the more natural, ice storm look.

Comment

It's great to have micechatters outside the US providing trip reports like this...thanks much! Will definitely plan on visiting some day.
                            Down with the Hat

Comment

Love the pics. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X