This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Year in Review

Hello, this is just something I whipped up for fun and also keeping this part of the MC board alive. Basically, this is just a brief overview of the 3 main seasonal events(Halloween, Christmas, and Chinese New Year) with a fairly reasonable amount of pics for each event. Enjoy!

Mid-September to the end of October: 'Haunted Halloween' (sorry for the bad quality)

Entrance to HKDL Resort

HKDL Railroad Station

Jack and Sally at the Entrance booths

Entrance to HKDL

Main Street

Halloween Merchandise

Main St. Haunted Hotel (The scariest ride ever at a Disney park in my opinion)

Halloween hub decoration

Sleeping beauty Castle

Adventureland entrance, and a look at the atrocities there

A gargoyle that moves and roars at night!

'Kraken' photo op

Pumpkin-gate photo op thing

Passageway to 'Demon Jungle' and also the entrance to the future three lands(only open during Halloween)

'Demon Jungle' another scary as hell attraction

Toilets and also the the wall the is between Demon Jungle and the 'three new lands'.

Skull signpost

Re: Year in Review

Tommorowland entrance

The most popular attraction in HKDL 'Alien Invasion'. Autopia was closed in order to extend the bloomin' line for it.

Halloween extends into Fantasyland too in 2009

Nighttime shots of HKDL

I think HKDL kinda overdid Jack Skellington

Coming soon: Christmas 2009

Comment

Mid November to the end of December: 'A Sparkling Christmas'

Entrance with Xmas decoration

Main St. Christmas Tree

Main Street USA and Xmas decoration

Snowflake at the hub

Sleeping Beauty Castle

'It's a Small World Christmas'

Nighttime Shots of HKDL

Coming up: Chinese New Year 2010!

Comment

Mid-January to Mid-February: 'Year of the Tiger' 2010

Entrance

Main Street USA and decorations

'Jumpin' Jam' Stage

Sleeping Beauty Castle with CNY decorations

CNY photo ops

and PLUS, recent expansion construction pics

Big cranes at work

That's it for now. Dealing with photobucket's technological terror is exhaustive but I'll be at the park next week for a March TR but in the meanwhile, Enjoy!

Comment

Great pics, thanks for sharing! I'm so excited for HKDL's expansion, hopefully we'll get to see some more construction pics soon

Comment

Thanks!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Thanks for the fantastic picture review, unfortunately I don't get to visit the park as often as I would personally like, so I really apreciate you taking the time to post, looking forward to you March report.
              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Fantastic! I wish Disneyland, CA. Would do something more daring for Halloween.

Comment

I have a question, these 'scary' Halloween things...are they walk through haunted houses type of deals? If so, I am totally there this Halloween/October. I've been to haunts all over the world...Italy, London, Paris, all over the U.S. I would love to see how Disney does them

Comment

Thanks for this! I'm starting to get excited for my upcoming trip! :ap:
                    A signature should go here.

Comment

Thanks for these great pictures.

I don't know about anyone else, but the first word that came into my mind seeing the HKDL Halloween (in pictures, finally,) was "asian." There's just a certain style of how parks in Asia seem to do Halloween...

I really like the Christmas and New Year decorations. It looks like the HKDL Christmas decorations are better than WDW's! (Same with the Chinese New Year decorations... but that's understandable.)
                      -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

The Halloween theming in particular looks awesome...love the Jack Skellington and Sally figures above the entrance.

Interesting to see how they're able to incorporate the old town America with CNY...

I wonder what the merchandise is like during these three holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_ZombEO View Post
                          I have a question, these 'scary' Halloween things...are they walk through haunted houses type of deals? If so, I am totally there this Halloween/October. I've been to haunts all over the world...Italy, London, Paris, all over the U.S. I would love to see how Disney does them
                          HKDL does these halloween attractions in a walk-through type of style. You will love this style as this is Disney's answer to its competitor here (Ocean Park) and is unnaturally non-Disneyish and very scary. The haunted hotel packs the most spooks, for e.g. in the group i was in, I was lucky to be in the middle so i could be the least frightened and naturally people who don't want to get scared in these type of attractions go at the very back. But people actually follow you throughout the attraction so no relief there.

Comment

The idea of Imagineering coming up with a walkthrough haunted house is quite possibly the single coolest prospect I can think of. They could whoop the pants off of Universal and Knott's if given the chance here in the US.

Thanks for the pics. Hopefully I'll make it to Hong Kong one day.

Comment

Originally posted by stitchon View Post
                              The idea of Imagineering coming up with a walkthrough haunted house is quite possibly the single coolest prospect I can think of. They could whoop the pants off of Universal and Knott's if given the chance here in the US.
                              Maybe so, but it's different in Hong Kong. Visitors are expecting a much scarier Halloween event than in America. The scariest we've gotten here is Ghost Galaxy and people did complain that it seemed a little un-Disney in its frights.

I expect if attractions like those are going anywhere it will be in Disney's Hollywood Studios. For years, they've been trying to get another Halloween hard-ticket event in there. One to compete with Halloween Horror Nights, that's more intense. Probably with Nightmare Before Christmas. And there's a lot of space that can be used for a haunted attraction in DHS, I think.
                              -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X