Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] the original expansion plans???

hey there i found the original expansion plans that had been planned acording to few on skyscrapercity forums, as disney had capital to splash 8bill hkd in but hkgov wanted to remain in majority power here are the images

[IMG]file:///Users/moesaccount2/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/moesaccount2/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/moesaccount2/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/moesaccount2/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/moesaccount2/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/moesaccount2/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Re: the original expansion plans???

Something doesn't seem quite right to me...
    sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Comment

I don't understand, which are you claiming is the original expansion plan? Because the additions on the largest picture were Imagineered by a fan.

Comment

^ Yep. I drew that second "plan" last summer when the official expansion site plan first came out. Someone at skyscrapercity may have found it and mistaken it for something official.
        http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Comment

The inclusion of Journey is what tipped me off. No offence to you Randy for the plan - its a great idea, but it won't be happening in HKDL, well not in the park we have now any ways.

Just looking back at that image, the inclusion of WRE should have also set the ol' alarm bells ringing.
          sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
          Walt Disney

Comment

Very interesting plans, but I doubt them since Journey to the Centre of the Earth doesn't really fit the theme of Tomorrowland or Fantasyland.

By the way is there any concept art about HKDL including a Frontierland? I think I read somewhere that a Frontierland was planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagobert View Post
              By the way is there any concept art about HKDL including a Frontierland? I think I read somewhere that a Frontierland was planned.
              http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Comment

^Page 66 of that book also has a unusual take on the park (called Disneyland Asia at that point). The unconventional layout shows a Thunder Mountain, probably akin to that in DLP. It also has Toon Town and EPCOT content in the "Land of Discovery".

I guess we can lament the loss of Frontierland, but then look on the upside that Grizzly Gulch will be a very unqiue take on the Frontierland story.
                sigpic

Walt Disney

Comment

...and frontierland and adventureland combined into one land. interesting.

Edit:

also it shows Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Fantasyland.
                  Last edited by icepenguin77; 06-01-2010, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
                    HKDL underwent an interesting development process, glimpses of which can be seen in early press releases and concept paintings & site plans (as found in hard-to-find books like "The Making of HKDL"). Some early iterations of the park were even smaller than what was actually built, with only 3-lands - putting things like a Star Wars stunt show and Indy coaster (from Paris) right next to each other in an Adventureland.

Back to your question: On page 130 of the recently-released Imagineering book there is a painting which shows the above-described version of the park, including all the Frontierland attractions (Fort, Mansion, Raft) and the dino coaster in Adventureland
                    Thanks for the answer. Are you talking about the new "Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind The Dreams Look At Making More Magic Real"? That's great, because I have already ordered the book on Amazon, unfortunately shipping to Austria will take three weeks.

Comment

^It'll be well worth the wait, trust me!
                      sigpic

Walt Disney

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X