Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be any events for 5th Anniversary?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Will there be any events for 5th Anniversary?

Is there any news of any program for HKDL's 5th Anniversary?
    My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

Re: Will there be any events for 5th Anniversary?

Nothing yet, merchandise should be going up late this month as it did last year for the 4th Anniversary. I doubt there will be a grand celebration or anything of the sort since they have so many events going on at this time of the year. I mean, summer is abruptly followed by Halloween and there is a lot of money being spent on both events. Im surprised at what HKDL is offering for summer, 7 shows (including dance bash and waterworks) and a heap of new merchandise. Can't wait till friday, school ends early at 12 so I'll be there!!!

Comment

The story is they will start the year long 5th anniversary in Sept 2010, then continue on until Sept 2011 when Toy Story Land will open.
      Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
      Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
      Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
      Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Asa View Post
        The story is they will start the year long 5th anniversary in Sept 2010, then continue on until Sept 2011 when Toy Story Land will open.
        That would be great if its true!

Comment

Disney confirmed with us that there WILL be a 5th anniversary celebration, but naturally were holding off any details until after the current events (including Stitch's Summer Hangout) were on their way.
          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Refer to my thread: http://micechat.com/forums/hong-kong...niversary.html

Its a new article from a very reliable source and one of the park officials state that a new attraction is on its way for the 5th anniversary.

Comment

Disney confirmed with us that there WILL be a 5th anniversary celebration, but naturally were holding off any details until after the current events (including Stitch's Summer Hangout) were on their way.
              Thanks for that Loomis, is anyone else waiting with some anticipation at what the park has in store for the 5th Anniversary. Does anyone remember that odd rumour last year that the Lion King Show would be replaced with a park version of Walking with Dinosaurs. Up to now nothing has come of this news. Maybe a poosible new attraction for the 5th Anniversary perhaps.
              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Can't wait to find out what the Anniversary attraction will be.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Comment

The official site has this announcement: Special Note
                  Hong Kong Disneyland will close at 5:00pm on September 13, 2010 due to a special event. "Disney in the Stars" fireworks spectacular will be suspended from September 13 to 15, 2010 as we prepare for an upcoming event.

Can anyone say if this is just for Halloween or will it have anything to do with the anniversary?

Comment

The fireworks closure will definitely be for Halloween but the 5:00 am closure on the 13th is a media event for the 5th anniversary?

Comment

the 5:00 am closure on the 13th is a private booking event ,not for the 5th anniversary
                      Blog: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/tpl-keith

Comment

A new parade will be presented on January 21st, 2011. The name of the parade is 'Flights of Fantasy'. And the CEO of HKDL said that the new parade would fly up to the air unexpectedly. Can't wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by ALEXINDL View Post
                          A new parade will be presented on January 21st, 2011. The name of the parade is 'Flights of Fantasy'. And the CEO of HKDL said that the new parade would fly up to the air unexpectedly. Can't wait!!
                          If thats true then....wow......did you hear that on TV? I know for a fact that Pearl TV often broadcasts stuff about HKDL.

Comment

As far as I know.. the 5th anniversary will kick off in early 2011 after the Christmas events... so they are a bit late getting started. As of last week when i visited, there was nothing 5th anniversary in park. No decor, no references to it, no merchandise.. I don't expect much until they kick off the new parade, which was previously announced for early 2011. I am glad AlexinDl has added a reference to it. At least we have a name for it.

Comment

Crumbs, I'll be there a month too early.

Anyone heard of the presence of Tink next year? "Celebration in the Air" according to some reports, will have Tinkerbell sprinkle dust all over the castle. I'm not sure if this is just an overlay, or will be a new fireworks show. An adaptation of Fantasy in the Sky perhaps? Seems to line up with all the sky and flight theme of the "celebration" so far.
                              Last edited by SirEdge; 09-28-2010, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X