X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News NEW 5th Anniversary Details

Source:Hong Kong Disneyland turns five

While in India promoting HKDL, Aliana Ho, VP of Sales and distribution marketing revealed snippets of HKDLs 5th Anniversary. Seems odd HKDL hasnt released an official press release but hey, they've been so secretive ever since.

The theme park will also premiere three new areas in the coming years as part of an expansion that will bring the total number of attractions and entertainment experiences to more than 100 - Toy Story Land - Disney*Pixar -themed Play Area for Kids of All Ages, Grizzly Gulch, an abandoned frontier mining town that will be home to the high-speed Grizzly Mountain coaster and Mystic Point - the site of mysterious forces and supernatural events in the heart of a dense, uncharted rain forest. The first phase will open with Toy Story Land in late 2011 at the earliest and will culminate in 2014.

Re: NEW 5th Anniversary Details

That all sounds really exciting, and even with it's limited attractions, the seasonal offerings would be a reason to visit again and again. Also, it sounds like they're incorporating Duffy in the Christmas festivities in a nice way.
    Meow

Comment

I asked a question about this on the other 5th anniversary thread.

Seems that you found the article that mentions it. I'm both excited and a little disappointed about this. I love Tink, so I hope she's like the Tink in Fantasy in the Sky, or even better. Good memories.

Comment

I wonder how they will set up the mechanical aspects of Tinkerbell if she does a "flight" over the castle.. I honestly do not want to see ugly towers on either side of the castle area. That was the same problem that killed Universal Studios Japan, when they premiered their Neverland show, with flying Peter Pan.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
          I wonder how they will set up the mechanical aspects of Tinkerbell if she does a "flight" over the castle.. I honestly do not want to see ugly towers on either side of the castle area. That was the same problem that killed Universal Studios Japan, when they premiered their Neverland show, with flying Peter Pan.
          Exactly what I was thinking about. I hope they won't just show her via HD projections, which are fine, but a real-live Tink is something else. I remember my 4 year old self perched on my dad's shoulders while craning my head to catch a glimpse of Tink as she lit up Cinderella's castle. It was not that successful, but it left a huge impact on me. Eventually, I succeeded in seeing her on other visits.

Uh, so yeah, I hope they won't just project her. And I don't really want her other friends to come along, but I guess I won't be too mad.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X