Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

what next at hong kong disneyland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] what next at hong kong disneyland

    We all know that they are doing an expansion right now at hk Disneyland but what do you think will be next or is there going to be phase 2 of expansions?? another question i was thinking are they going to expand fanstyland, tommrowland and adventureland? I just want to know what you think would be cool in hk disneyland
    Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS, ROCKETS, ASTROS AND COOGS!!!

  • #2
    Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

    I hope it will be an expansion of Adventureland in some way. One calm ride does not make a land named after adventure. An expansion och Grizzly Gulch would be welcomed aswell. I hate the fact that HKDK in many ways will be a "one ride one land" park.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

      Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
      I hope it will be an expansion of Adventureland in some way. One calm ride does not make a land named after adventure. An expansion och Grizzly Gulch would be welcomed aswell. I hate the fact that HKDK in many ways will be a "one ride one land" park.
      i agree what you are saying it be kinda cool to have a lion king coaster or something to just make adventurland more of a land
      Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
      GO TEXANS, ROCKETS, ASTROS AND COOGS!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

        ORDDU: A couple of years ago we were reading something on another web footed site that claimed Fantasyland has two more 'pads' or spaces for at least two more dark rides, should management over there want to add anything to that particular land. Plus there appears to be some vacant land next to Toy Story Play Land that would lend itself to a Little Mermaid attraction if they ever decide to go forward with that. (The Little Mermaid had originally been intended for their Fantasyland way back when...)

        ORWEN: Plus Tomorrowland supposedly has enough space to add something like a Star Tours attraction, according to what we've read in the past.

        ORGOCH: But don't hold yer breath. Befer any a them things gits added, yer likely ta turn blue an' pass out!!

        ---------- Post added 07-02-2011 at 10:49 PM ----------

        ORWEN: Oh and--one more thing--I keep hoping they'll open up their castle and add a Sleeping Beauty walk thru just like the one in Anaheim.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

          From the expansion conception art, there is also a big parcel of land behind Fantasyland. So if they push the firework launchers to the back they could use this for a Toontown or something else.

          On an interesting note, from two Legislative Council committee documents, the government says that after this expansion, HKDL will be 27.5 hectares (ha) in size and still has 7 ha of land available. That means HKDL at built-out will be 34.5 ha. The Disney Fact Book listed that Disneyland Park at Anaheim is 85 acres in size. Guess what it is in hecture... 34.4!

          Sources:

          LegCo Economic Development Committee paper; point 3: http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr08-09/engl...1-2234-1-e.pdf
          LegCo Financial Committee paper; point 42: http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr08-09/engl...c20090710a.pdf
          Disney Fact Book page 10: http://a.media.global.go.com/investo...book_FINAL.pdf

          HKDL expansion conceptual plan from HK Gov't:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

            Originally posted by wali View Post
            From the expansion conception art, there is also a big parcel of land behind Fantasyland. So if they push the firework launchers to the back they could use this for a Toontown or something else.

            On an interesting note, from two Legislative Council committee documents, the government says that after this expansion, HKDL will be 27.5 hectares (ha) in size and still has 7 ha of land available. That means HKDL at built-out will be 34.5 ha. The Disney Fact Book listed that Disneyland Park at Anaheim is 85 acres in size. Guess what it is in hecture... 34.4!

            Sources:

            LegCo Economic Development Committee paper; point 3: http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr08-09/engl...1-2234-1-e.pdf
            LegCo Financial Committee paper; point 42: http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr08-09/engl...c20090710a.pdf
            Disney Fact Book page 10: http://a.media.global.go.com/investo...book_FINAL.pdf

            HKDL expansion conceptual plan from HK Gov't:

            That very intresting I think fanstyland is in major need of atleast 2 dark rides like peter pan, little mermaid and even snow white. Adventurland need one more ride and tommrowland too and i think hk can be very exciting disney park
            Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
            GO TEXANS, ROCKETS, ASTROS AND COOGS!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: what next at hong kong disneyland



              These are the plots of lands still available for further expansion in HKDL.
              Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
              Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
              Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
              Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

                Originally posted by Asa View Post


                These are the plots of lands still available for further expansion in HKDL.
                that alot of land let just hope they used it right i really hope they do a fanstyland expansion because it really needs it
                Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
                GO TEXANS, ROCKETS, ASTROS AND COOGS!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

                  The rides I would love to see although I know that they all won't make it probably:
                  1. Indiana Jones Adventure
                  2. Star Tours 2
                  3. Pirates of the Caribbean

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

                    ORWEN: Oh, and I'm sure you want them to add a Black Cauldron dark ride in Fantasyland as much as I do, don't you, HKDLFAN, duckling???

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

                      Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                      ORWEN: Oh, and I'm sure you want them to add a Black Cauldron dark ride in Fantasyland as much as I do, don't you, HKDLFAN, duckling???
                      I think Halloween's a great excuse to bring out some less commercial franchises, so that could be your ticket you lovely witchies you!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

                        Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                        ORWEN: Oh, and I'm sure you want them to add a Black Cauldron dark ride in Fantasyland as much as I do, don't you, HKDLFAN, duckling???
                        Yes and I have always envisioned that Toy Story Land be eliminated so Grizzly Gulch can be expanded with a Splash Mountain / Grizzly River Run / Western River Expedition ride; and Mystic Point can have a, say, Villains' (or Anti-Heroines' ) sub-land that features unique rides like yours. A cauldron-type spinner could work.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

                          But Toy Story Playland was supposed to be a temporary land...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

                            Originally posted by Vincent View Post
                            But Toy Story Playland was supposed to be a temporary land...

                            source?

                            Comment


                            • #15

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X