This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] what next at hong kong disneyland

We all know that they are doing an expansion right now at hk Disneyland but what do you think will be next or is there going to be phase 2 of expansions?? another question i was thinking are they going to expand fanstyland, tommrowland and adventureland? I just want to know what you think would be cool in hk disneyland
    Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS, ROCKETS, ASTROS AND COOGS!!!

Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

I hope it will be an expansion of Adventureland in some way. One calm ride does not make a land named after adventure. An expansion och Grizzly Gulch would be welcomed aswell. I hate the fact that HKDK in many ways will be a "one ride one land" park.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
      I hope it will be an expansion of Adventureland in some way. One calm ride does not make a land named after adventure. An expansion och Grizzly Gulch would be welcomed aswell. I hate the fact that HKDK in many ways will be a "one ride one land" park.
      i agree what you are saying it be kinda cool to have a lion king coaster or something to just make adventurland more of a land

Comment

ORDDU: A couple of years ago we were reading something on another web footed site that claimed Fantasyland has two more 'pads' or spaces for at least two more dark rides, should management over there want to add anything to that particular land. Plus there appears to be some vacant land next to Toy Story Play Land that would lend itself to a Little Mermaid attraction if they ever decide to go forward with that. (The Little Mermaid had originally been intended for their Fantasyland way back when...)

ORWEN: Plus Tomorrowland supposedly has enough space to add something like a Star Tours attraction, according to what we've read in the past.

ORGOCH: But don't hold yer breath. Befer any a them things gits added, yer likely ta turn blue an' pass out!!

---------- Post added 07-02-2011 at 10:49 PM ----------

ORWEN: Oh and--one more thing--I keep hoping they'll open up their castle and add a Sleeping Beauty walk thru just like the one in Anaheim.

Comment

From the expansion conception art, there is also a big parcel of land behind Fantasyland. So if they push the firework launchers to the back they could use this for a Toontown or something else.

On an interesting note, from two Legislative Council committee documents, the government says that after this expansion, HKDL will be 27.5 hectares (ha) in size and still has 7 ha of land available. That means HKDL at built-out will be 34.5 ha. The Disney Fact Book listed that Disneyland Park at Anaheim is 85 acres in size. Guess what it is in hecture... 34.4!

Sources:

LegCo Economic Development Committee paper; point 3: http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr08-09/engl...1-2234-1-e.pdf
          LegCo Financial Committee paper; point 42: http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr08-09/engl...c20090710a.pdf
          Disney Fact Book page 10: http://a.media.global.go.com/investo...book_FINAL.pdf

HKDL expansion conceptual plan from HK Gov't:

Comment

Originally posted by wali View Post
            From the expansion conception art, there is also a big parcel of land behind Fantasyland. So if they push the firework launchers to the back they could use this for a Toontown or something else.

On an interesting note, from two Legislative Council committee documents, the government says that after this expansion, HKDL will be 27.5 hectares (ha) in size and still has 7 ha of land available. That means HKDL at built-out will be 34.5 ha. The Disney Fact Book listed that Disneyland Park at Anaheim is 85 acres in size. Guess what it is in hecture... 34.4!

Sources:

LegCo Economic Development Committee paper; point 3: http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr08-09/engl...1-2234-1-e.pdf
            LegCo Financial Committee paper; point 42: http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr08-09/engl...c20090710a.pdf
            Disney Fact Book page 10: http://a.media.global.go.com/investo...book_FINAL.pdf

HKDL expansion conceptual plan from HK Gov't:

That very intresting I think fanstyland is in major need of atleast 2 dark rides like peter pan, little mermaid and even snow white. Adventurland need one more ride and tommrowland too and i think hk can be very exciting disney park

Comment

These are the plots of lands still available for further expansion in HKDL.
              Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
              Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
              Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
              Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Asa View Post

These are the plots of lands still available for further expansion in HKDL.
                that alot of land let just hope they used it right i really hope they do a fanstyland expansion because it really needs it

Comment

The rides I would love to see although I know that they all won't make it probably:
                  1. Indiana Jones Adventure
                  2. Star Tours 2
                  3. Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

ORWEN: Oh, and I'm sure you want them to add a Black Cauldron dark ride in Fantasyland as much as I do, don't you, HKDLFAN, duckling???

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                      ORWEN: Oh, and I'm sure you want them to add a Black Cauldron dark ride in Fantasyland as much as I do, don't you, HKDLFAN, duckling???
                      I think Halloween's a great excuse to bring out some less commercial franchises, so that could be your ticket you lovely witchies you!

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                        Yes and I have always envisioned that Toy Story Land be eliminated so Grizzly Gulch can be expanded with a Splash Mountain / Grizzly River Run / Western River Expedition ride; and Mystic Point can have a, say, Villains' (or Anti-Heroines' ) sub-land that features unique rides like yours. A cauldron-type spinner could work.

Comment

But Toy Story Playland was supposed to be a temporary land...

Comment

Originally posted by Vincent View Post
                            But Toy Story Playland was supposed to be a temporary land...

source?

Comment

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X