Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Are there Countdown Party at HKDL? if yes, how about operate time

Hi, I have a plan to visit HKDL at the end of this year, i think if possible,i will visit HKDL at December 31 and stay until countdown for new year, however, i'm not sure are there a countdown event in HKDL too? If yes, do i must buy special ticket too? and how long of their party? until morning of Jan1 ?

.....Another choice, How about visit HKDL at Jan1 will better? Thank you.

Re: Are there Countdown Party at HKDL? if yes, how about operate time

Good question! I'm seriously considering this as well. Or will the Avenue of the Stars be better?

Comment

I've been to HK in 2009, 2010 and 2011 and there was no countdown anymore.... They used to have it.... People are likely to go to Avenue of Stars on NYE than HKDL. I think u should spend your NYE at Avenue of Stars ^^ It's great!!

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
      Instagram
      Flickr
      Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by disneythaitown View Post
        Hi, I have a plan to visit HKDL at the end of this year, i think if possible,i will visit HKDL at December 31 and stay until countdown for new year, however, i'm not sure are there a countdown event in HKDL too? If yes, do i must buy special ticket too? and how long of their party? until morning of Jan1 ?

.....Another choice, How about visit HKDL at Jan1 will better? Thank you.

Comment

Thanks a lot ,

So i will not stay at HKDL for countdown now with your advice. So,if i must choose go to HKDL between Dec31 or Jan 1 , what day is better? are there any special event or celebrate on Jan 1 that is new year day?

Comment

Originally posted by disneythaitown View Post
            Thanks a lot ,

So i will not stay at HKDL for countdown now with your advice. So,if i must choose go to HKDL between Dec31 or Jan 1 , what day is better? are there any special event or celebrate on Jan 1 that is new year day?
            Watch the fireworks in the harbour if you have a chance to see them. They are famous. You can see the fireworks in HKDL any day. Check the HKDL homepage for updates on new years eve... If they have something I doubt it will be as nice as the fireworks in the harbour.
            But do what YOU feel is the best and then tell us here about it.

Comment

The countdown at Victoria harbor is very nice, especially the fireworks of the second tallest building in HK, IFC. Actually these year HKDL has their own countdown party at the two hotels but they are not so attractive, only dancing parties and M&G with Disney characters in special clothes. However, if you want to see the countdown fireworks in a good view, you may have to reach Tsim Sha Tsui few hours before midnight.
              Hope you will have a nice trip in Hong Kong!

Comment

Thanks as well!

@whaleatcoast I take it then the Kowloon side is the best place to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by SirEdge View Post
                  Thanks as well!

@whaleatcoast I take it then the Kowloon side is the best place to watch?
                  Yes. As I remember, there are not just fireworks, some laser lights will shown on the other buildings. Kowloon side is much better for watching the effects shown on the buildings on Hong Kong Island, and also the countdown on the IFC.

Comment

Kowloon side is the best place but u better choose the Avenue of Stars where u can listen to the theme music. U know fireworks will greater if they go with music. It will be difficult to access to Avenue of Stars from the street....
                    Some tip for u.... Exit from Ocean Terminal Harbour city and go to the edge of the harbour, then HK Museum of Art, then Avenue of Stars (U can stop at HK Museum of Art because u can also listen to the music there).
                    Or u can go down to the MTR Tsim Sha Tsui Station and try to get to the nearest exit. (Some roads will be closed so this is the best way to do).
                    NY Eve is a very special day so I recommend u go there at the harbour at 7:45 and wait to 8:00 and watch The Symphony of Lights show, and then, go buy something to eat and back to place to wait for the fireworks. If there is no chance to go to the Avenue of Stars or some places that have whole harbour view, u should try any way to see the 2IFC building because the main fireworks will go from there. Remember that in NYE the fireworks (or the pyrotechnics) shoot from the buildings, so try to find a view that can look to the buildings, not the sky ^^
                    Last edited by Duyanh92; 07-29-2011, 03:49 AM.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
                    Instagram
                    Flickr
                    Youtube

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X