• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GUYNYC
    MiceChatter
    • Dec 2006

[Question] Getting to the Park

What's the best way to get to the Park from the airport.
    I'm guessing that it's via the MTR.
    Or should I take a taxi?
  • wali
    MiceChatter
    • Dec 2008

Re: Getting to the Park

1. Most direct way is by taxi - take the blue taxi because it's the least expensive taxi. Other colored taxis serve additional areas also and thus are more expensive <Edit: I took a look from the HKDL website and found out that the green taxi is indeed cheaper for that route due to the long distance.>; or

2. Take S1 bus from Airport to Tung Chung MTR station, and then hop on train for one station to Sunny Bay, and then change to Disneyland Resort Line; or

3. Take any Airport shuttle bus (A or E prefix) towards Lantau Link Toll Plaza stop, and change R8 to Disneyland. (Not recommended unless you have an Octopus Card to get free transfer); or

4. Take Airport Express train to Tsing Yi Station and change back to Tung Chung Line to Sunny Bay and then change again to Disneyland Resort Line. (Not recommended also because you're going too far into town and airport express is very pricey.)
    Last edited by wali; 10-04-2011, 07:54 PM.

Comment

• SirEdge
      MiceChatter
      • Aug 2010

I've personally never taken the taxi, but taking the MTR is a snap, and the trip is rather nice.
      According to the HKDL Hotel, taxi should cost you about HK$150.

Airport Express to Tsing Yi, transfer to the Tung Chung line to and get off at Sunny Bay, and then transfer to the Disneyland line. Airport Express to Tsing Yi is about HK$60, Tsing Yi to Disney is HK$13. Things will be cheaper if you avail of certain packages (like double single journey Airport Express is cheaper than one, etc) or if you get the Octopus card.

If you'll be staying for three days, may I suggest the Airport Express Travel pass. It includes either a single journey (HK$220) or 2 single journeys (HK$300) via Airport Express, and unlimited use of the MTR (and other additional trains and buses, but details of which I'm unsure) for those three days. That's what you'd spend on the taxi back and forth and you'll have all your train fares taken care of. Oh yeah, you get HK$50 deposit back when you return your ticket.

If you'll stay for more than three days Octopus card is the way to go.

If you're really scrimping, you can take any A to E bus from the airport, which ranges from HK$14 to HK$49, get off at the Lantau toll link plaza and take the R8 bus to Disneyland for about HK$7. Cheapest so far, but the bus takes a long time and I get dizzy.

Comment

• GUYNYC
        MiceChatter
        • Dec 2006

I really like the idea of a taxi. Can anyone tell me more about this? As stated, I should look specifically for a blue one?

Comment

• wali
          MiceChatter
          • Dec 2008

^ There are 3 types of taxis in HK - red (serves all areas), green (New Territories), and blue (Lantau only). I originally suggested the blue one because it is supposed to be cheaper; but HKDL actually did the comparsion and the green one is cheaper.

By Taxi

That said, taxis of any colors can bring you there. Enjoy your trip!

Comment

• GUYNYC
            MiceChatter
            • Dec 2006

Thanks for the insight. I actually now found the taxi information on their site. Don't know how I missed that, but thanks for the directions. I'm pretty sure at this time I'll grab a taxi to the Resort.

Comment

• nish221
              Minion FOREVER!
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by wali View Post
              1. Most direct way is by taxi - take the blue taxi because it's the least expensive taxi. Other colored taxis serve additional areas also and thus are more expensive <Edit: I took a look from the HKDL website and found out that the green taxi is indeed cheaper for that route due to the long distance.>; or

2. Take S1 bus from Airport to Tung Chung MTR station, and then hop on train for one station to Sunny Bay, and then change to Disneyland Resort Line; or

3. Take any Airport shuttle bus (A or E prefix) towards Lantau Link Toll Plaza stop, and change R8 to Disneyland. (Not recommended unless you have an Octopus Card to get free transfer); or

4. Take Airport Express train to Tsing Yi Station and change back to Tung Chung Line to Sunny Bay and then change again to Disneyland Resort Line. (Not recommended also because you're going too far into town and airport express is very pricey.)
              We did 4 when we went last year.... yup, it's pricey... in hindsight, a taxi or 2 was probably a better choice.

Comment

• wali
                MiceChatter
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by nish221 View Post
                We did 4 when we went last year.... yup, it's pricey... in hindsight, a taxi or 2 was probably a better choice.
                I never did #4 because I found it silly to go all the way into town just to u-turn back to the park, plus I think the Airport Express is overpriced. What I did was #2 when we flew into HK pre-dawn to transfer to our midnight flight that night. We purposely planned it that way so we can do some shopping plus to benefit from HKDL's in-transit discount ticket.

Comment

• Aotphks
                  MiceChatter
                  • Jul 2011

When we visited, we took the blue taxi and arrived at the Hollywood Hotel about 15 mins later.. definitely the best way to get from the airport to Hong Kong Disneyland and resorts.
                  However...be advised, you may be charged and extra fee for putting bags in the taxi trunk.

Or else, taking the S1 bus to MTR Tung Chung station, then train to Sunny Bay, interchanging to Disneyland Resort Line may be the cheaper way to do it and will take about 30-45 mins from airport terminal to Disneyland.

Comment

• Fukai
                    Resident of the Caldera
                    • Jul 2008

Jeez, according to the latest currency conversion, it only costs $20 US to take a cab from the aiport to the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel--that's LESS than the Airport Limousine Bus costs from Narita Airport to the Tokyo Disney Resort! Take the cab! That's what I'll be doing.
                    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

• Aotphks
                      MiceChatter
                      • Jul 2011

Imagine that Fukai!!.. but in Tokyo, it is still LESS than 10 US dollars to go from Narita Airport to Maihama station at Tokyo Disney resort, using the local Keisei and JR trains with connections in Funabashi.

Comment

• Fukai
                        Resident of the Caldera
                        • Jul 2008

Aotphks, you're a knowledgable person! But I always have too many large suitcases to take the train, as you know.

Comment

• Fukai
                          Resident of the Caldera
                          • Jul 2008

I took a green taxi from the airport to the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel last night. Cost: $22 including tip. Well worth it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X