Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

Toy Story Land

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Toy Story Land

By: http://www.youtube.com/user/michael20183

By: http://www.youtube.com/user/gilbert23059

By: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLCCAPP

Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 11-10-2011, 05:55 AM.

Re: Toy Story Land

ORWEN: Thank you, Timmy, duckling!! We always appreciate the updates you bring us.

Comment

What a cute land..
      Sorry for grammar mistakes! I'm not really good in English!

Comment

Unto itself, it's a nice mini-land, and I do like many of the details. Some reasons why I don't like it more:

1. Having not been there, I can't say to what extent the parachute tower and half-pipe coaster are visible from Fantasyland or Adventureland, but any view of these rather modern structures from either of those two lands cannot help but impair the Disney ideal of thematic immersion.
        2. The theme of this land does not make for a very harmonious transition between Fantasyland and the Mystic Manor area. A land with a more old-world feel would have worked better in this regard, IMO.
        3. I feel that carny rides work better when they are secondary to more substantive attractions, not when they themselves are the focal point of a given themed area.

All that having been said, the far superior layout of HKDL, as compared to WDS in Paris, means that this park is able to incorporate the same mini-land in a more meaningful way than its European counterpart.
        Down with the Hat

Comment

Comment

ORDDU: I hate to say this but it's rather difficult for a witch to get very excited over the Slinky Dog Ride.

ORGOCH: Heck! It's hard ta git excited 'bout ANYTHING in that there new land!

ORDDU: Now, if it were a Boy Story Playland....

ORWEN: Of course we're always excited by the pictures and other updates from our Timmy, duckling!

Comment

Comment

I'm just glad that HKDL grew at all. However, given that Toy Story 2, and to a similar degree Toy Story 3, is a personal favorite of mine because it broke new ground in terms how deep could a kids' movie's story could go, it's sad that its theme park namesake is as from groundbreaking as possible.

Comment

ORDDU: If only they would have put all that money into the Toy Story Mania ride, instead, it would have been much better.

Comment

They should have built something big in Fantasyland... like a kuka arm Aladdin flying carpet darkride and left the TSL space to expand Mystic Point. I HATE the idea of having a land with only one attraction. ...and a photo op is NOT and will never be an attraction.

Comment

ORDDU: Not unless it's with you, anyway, dear...

Comment

Disney Parks blog has the announcement and some photos for the TSL opening ceremony held yesterday.
                        Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
                        Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
                        Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
                        Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
                        Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
                        Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
                        Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

Comment

More night views:

Comment

Looks better than WDS (not saying much) but it still pains me to think how much money was spent on this, easily enough for 1 amazing E ticket. Same situation at WDS, I believe they spent 70m euro's on TSPL?! They could have had TSM for a few mill more! Much more beneficial for the park.
                              Disneyland Paris: August 1999, October 2000, March 2002, November 2010, Janruary 2013, May 2013
                              Walt Disney World: May 2011, November 2011
                              Disneyland Resort: September 2015
                              Hong Kong Disneyland: July 2016

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X