Which Popular attractions do you think should be at Hong Kong Disneyland?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mickey Mouse rocks
    MiceChatter
    • Aug 2011

[Question] Which Popular attractions do you think should be at Hong Kong Disneyland?

Which popular attractions do you think should be at Hong Kong Disneyland in the future?
    Pirates/Tiki Room/Splash
    24.00%
    Matterhorn/Carousel of Progress/Submarine Voyage
    8.00%
    Great Moments/Peter Pan's Flight/Alice
    0.00%
    Indiana Jones/Star Tours/Pirates
    68.00%
    Splash/Mr. Toad/Captain EO
    0.00%
    "I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something, than educate people and hope they were entertained" - Walt Disney
  • TimmyTimmyTimmy
    Banned User
    • Dec 2008

Re: Which Popular attractions do you think should be at Hong Kong Disneyland?

The problem with Hong Kong Disneyland is that it lacks unique rides.

Comment

• Witches of Morva
      Minion
      • Jan 2005

ORWEN: It would be easier to vote in your poll if you didn't group more than one attraction with any others. Why not just list one attraction at a time?

Comment

• Fukai
        Resident of the Caldera
        • Jul 2008

The problem with Hong Kong Disneyland is NOT that it lacks unique rides.

The problem is that it lacks rides, period. It has very few rides to begin with, and the ones it does have don't have a lot of repeatability. You don't get off and think, "I want to do that AGAIN RIGHT NOW."

I just spent a day there and honestly was bored by the time the park closed. And that's with all the Christmas festivities and the new Toy Story Playland (which I enjoyed). I don't think that Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point are going to do nearly enough to help this park--they need to start building a half dozen of the most famous E-Ticket rides immediately so that in four years it will be a park worth visiting.
        Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

• Asa
          MiceChatter
          • Sep 2006

Actually I would like to see HKDL have something new and unique, like Iron Man, Up or even better, John Carter.

That way many more would want to come and see the park and resort.
          Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
          Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
          Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
          Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
          Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
          Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
          Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
            Banned User
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Fukai View Post

The problem is that it lacks rides, period. It has very few rides to begin with, and the ones it does have don't have a lot of repeatability. You don't get off and think, "I want to do that AGAIN RIGHT NOW."

I just spent a day there and honestly was bored by the time the park closed. And that's with all the Christmas festivities and the new Toy Story Playland (which I enjoyed). I don't think that Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point are going to do nearly enough to help this park--they need to start building a half dozen of the most famous E-Ticket rides immediately so that in four years it will be a park worth visiting.
            UNIQUE rides.

By the way... this poll... I love Splash Mountain but would never waste my time on Mr Toad.

Comment

• Mickey Mouse rocks
              MiceChatter
              • Aug 2011

The truth is I really don't care on Hong Kong Disney original or unique at all, I mean it can be both original and non-orignal but that's just me.

---------- Post added 12-04-2011 at 01:22 PM ----------

I have to agree that originality doesn't just cut the deal and say, "Enjoy" I mean there are differences between counterparts. But I do think originality is fine, and that counterparting can have it's differences. I mean yes the castle of the park has the same king of shape as the one in California, but it's colors are much more complimenting to the rain.

---------- Post added 12-04-2011 at 01:24 PM ----------

I mean the following listed options aren't probably going to be exact copies of the ones in Disneyland, they'll have their differences.
              Last edited by Mickey Mouse rocks; 12-04-2011, 12:22 PM.
              "I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something, than educate people and hope they were entertained" - Walt Disney

Comment

• Quentin
                MaliBOOMer
                • Jul 2011

HAHA 100% for Indiana Jones Star Tours Pirates

I voted when i saw Indiana Jones i did not even read the others.
                Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

• Mickey Mouse rocks
                  MiceChatter
                  • Aug 2011

Originally posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
                  UNIQUE rides.

By the way... this poll... I love Splash Mountain but would never waste my time on Mr Toad.
                  That might of been the point of view of the local audience since they probably wanted something different but that's just my perspective. And the Haunted Mansion is 42 years old, the reason to that is it opened on August 9th, 1969.

Comment

• TimmyTimmyTimmy
                    Banned User
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Mickey Mouse rocks View Post
                    That might of been the point of view of the local audience since they probably wanted something different but that's just my perspective. And the Haunted Mansion is 42 years old, the reason to that is it opened on August 9th, 1969.
                    Only 42... now that is young

Comment

• SirEdge
                      MiceChatter
                      • Aug 2010

Granted that HKDL needs new unique rides, I think the OP's question has merit and is always fun to discuss.

New E-tickets are of course the best solution, but the fact that even in armchair Imagineering mode, we still have a whole library of classic rides to choose from speaks for the scarcity of attractions at HKDL.

Someone said it was a quaint park, and that's definitely true, even too kind a word.

As for the poll itself, it partly doesn't make too much sense why certain rides were grouped together. So I'll just comment on the rides separately.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean - a no brainer, the lost child of HKDL, Pirates is such a big franchise right now and that fact that they gave a PotC overlay to Adventureland in 2007 means that it should be there. I understand that a land could be axed from the plans, but why on earth it's not even in just ride form is beyond me.

2. Tiki - Cute, catchy, & classic, but unless you do more than the birds opening and closing their mouths, this one is too old in technology and format to appeal to the HKDL audience.

3. Splash Mountain - a definite must have given the climate in HKDL, hot summers and mild winters make this another no brainer.

4. Matterhorn - I love this ride, but the technology's too old and ride too mild. Keep this one in Anaheim.

5. Carousel of Progress - I've always felt nostalgia plays a big role in this ride's appeal, so I'm not sure how this one would work in the HKDL context. But there's a definite need for a real world technology showcase in Tomorrowland either in this form or as Innoventions.

6. Submarine Voyage - Nemo version should be popular, but doesn't it load slowly?

7. Great Moments - Too political?

8. Peter Pan - Yes. Definitely yes.

9. Alice in Wonderland - Maybe not, but why not? The Tim Burton version might be popular, but I prefer the animated film.

10. Indiana Jones - Hell yeah, but realistically? They'd probably be too cheap to bring this one over.

11. Star Tours - More realistic than Indy, but that price tag for updating the old ones is pretty steep. How much more to build a new one?

12. Captain EO - Why do this when you can get Star Tours? If they did this, they might phase out Philharmagic, which is pretty neat (except for the scratchy film quality).

Comment

• Witches of Morva
                        Minion
                        • Jan 2005

ORWEN: Well, I think they should go ahead and build The Little Mermaid attraction in Fantasyland--maybe just beyond the railroad tracks where it looks like they have some open space between Toy Story Land and Small World.

ORDDU: A Peter Pan Dark ride should be added to Fantasyland, too. Perhaps a Snow White dark ride would also fit.

ORWEN: And I don't see why Tomorrowland couldn't have a Star Tours added. Supposedly they have room for it.

Comment

• Mickey Mouse rocks
                          MiceChatter
                          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                          ORWEN: Well, I think they should go ahead and build The Little Mermaid attraction in Fantasyland--maybe just beyond the railroad tracks where it looks like they have some open space between Toy Story Land and Small World.

ORDDU: A Peter Pan Dark ride should be added to Fantasyland, too. Perhaps a Snow White dark ride would also fit.

ORWEN: And I don't see why Tomorrowland couldn't have a Star Tours added. Supposedly they have room for it.
                          I think they could replace Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters with Star Tours.

Comment

• Asa
                            MiceChatter
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mickey Mouse rocks View Post
                            I think they could replace Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters with Star Tours.
                            Move it to the plot next to Toy Story Land and re-theme it as a video game that Andy left behind in the backyard. Then Woody and Buzz can sing again: "We belong together!"

Then combine the empty plot with this vacated plot to build "The Avengers" ride. It should be similar to Universal's "Spider-man" or "Transformers: The Ride" but with Disney's Animatronics.

The Avengers is going to be huge when it is released next year and then its sequel a few years after.
                            Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
                            Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
                            Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
                            Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
                            Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
                            Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
                            Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

• TravisMT81
                              Surfin the net with Duffy
                              • Jul 2007

The problem is that it lacks rides, period. .
                              amen!

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
                              We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
                              Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

• toonaspie
                                Nutty about Disney parks
                                • Aug 2006

HK needs a water drop ride of some sort (either Splash or Potc or the combination of both that was originally planned). It could use more dark rides too. I recommend Peter Pan and TLM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X