Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] When will the Castle return to Normal?

ORWEN: Greetings to all the Peking ducklings out there. We have a question about Sleeping Beauty's Castle, since we just conjured up someone's pictures of it that were taken 2/14/12. From what we saw the 5 year anniversary 'bling' is still decorating the castle? Why is this? We thought it would have come down by now. The castle looks so much better in its natural state. Surely they aren't going to leave that gaudy stuff up forever--or are they?

Re: When will the Castle return to Normal?

The Chinese tend to leave decorations up until they fall off. In the case of New Years decorations it is because one would be ripping off the good luck. I don't know why they leave Christmas decorations up, but I have them at stores and schools that I teach at.
    No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

Comment

ORWEN: Thank you for your comments, CrystalJ.Squirrel. A witch would think that management at HKDL would treat a Disney theme park a little bit differently than that. I mean, it's one thing for a private citizen of Hong Kong to leave up various decorations too long and it's another thing for a business to do something like that. The 5 Year anniversary for HKDL is long over with. I hope they take down those deocorations as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJ.Squirrel View Post
        The Chinese tend to leave decorations up until they fall off.
        This wasn't what happened when I visited HKDL earlier this year. Jan. 2, the last day of the Christmas season, the Christmas tree on Main Street was up, by Jan. 3, that giant tree was gone.

So they can do it quickly. It's just that maybe they don't want to? That's pretty puzzling.

Comment

Orwen, back to your question, yeah I saw some recent Flickr pictures also and they still have the Tinker Bell bling even though the map and the website has reverted the castle name to Sleeping Beauty's. But since they removed the big "5" from above the castle gate, I kind of suspect the decor is here to stay for a while...

Comment

ORWEN: Thank you for answering my question, wali, duckling. That just seems so strange to me. I mean, Is management at HKDL so unaware that the 5th Anniversary is over or that the decorations for the castle were meant to celebrate that? Those decorations only look good during the special fireworks show at night. During the day they detract from the castle. It's just not good show on the part of management over there. It makes them look so detatached from what's going on in their own park!

Comment

As I heard, the decoration is started removing from yesterday(22/Mar).

Comment

Originally posted by whaleatcoast View Post
                As I heard, the decoration is started removing from yesterday(22/Mar).

Just in the park today, that twirly decorations is still there on March 23rd. They have not removed it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mclubber View Post
                  Just in the park today, that twirly decorations is still there on March 23rd. They have not removed it yet.
                  Maybe it's a slow process.

Comment

ORGOCH: Ain't that the key word fer ev'rything at Ping Pong Dizzyland? Slow ta decide what rides ta add--slow ta git 'round ta buildin' 'em--an' now they's slow ta move past the 5th year celebration! Yep, slow is the word fer 'em over there!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X