This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Original plans?

I've read that originally HKDL was going to be a much bigger park with more rides like the other magic kingdom type parks. Does anyone have any details on what was originally planned for the park and the rest of the resort or know of any original concept art?

Re: Original plans?

HKDL went through all sorts of iterations... some were even smaller than the version that opened, if you can believe it.

However, the version that was announced to the public in 1999 was the larger version you mention (with a Frontierland & Toontown in addition). You can read about it here:

The HKDL Source : Hong Kong Disneyland Announcement

If you want to see an overview concept painting of what the above park would have looked like you can find it on Page 130 of the new WDI book ("Make More Magic Real")
    http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Comment

Re: Original plans?

One plan included only three themed lands in total. Mainstreet, Adventureland and Fantasyland... I think it was. Adventureland was planned at some stage to include Starwars and other rides from Tomorrowland. There was also plans to include Frointerland into Adventureland at another stage.

I have seen concets with an original looking castle that is much better than the one it ended up with.

Concepts went from terrible to DisneySEA like. It ended up with something inbetween terrible and smallest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	disneylandasiamap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.4 KB
ID:	7341317

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X