• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ride Warrior
    Iron-Clad Allie
    • Feb 2005

Video Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars At Night

Travel thru caves and beneath the starry skies throughot the course of a wild grizzly ride in mine cars!

Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars Night Version

Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-30-2012, 07:58 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• JerrodDRagon
    Adventure First, Ad Last
    • Mar 2006

Re: Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars At Night

Very cool ride....looks like a run thrill...would not mind this in some way at DCA..we can only dream
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• Ride Warrior
      Iron-Clad Allie
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
      Very cool ride....looks like a run thrill...would not mind this in some way at DCA..we can only dream
      The ride looks like a lot of fun. Wish the video would have shown aview of the town from the mine cars. Disneyland's Big Thunder is similar to this. It would be cool if an some sort of confirmation of the rumored DCA mine train were to appear soon.

This ride has me chomping at the bit to visit Hong Kong disneyland, even more than i have already been.
      Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-30-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
        Adventure First, Ad Last
        • Mar 2006

^any day time video's yet?
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• hkdlsuper
          New MiceChatter
          • Jan 2011

The Day Time video of Big Grizzly Runway

Comment

• Ride Warrior
            Iron-Clad Allie
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
            ^any day time video's yet?
            You betcha. Here's an unbearably cool brand spanking new daytime video that was just posted on YouTube. At this point, this is the only daytime vid, and there have been only 66 viewers.

Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars POV- YouTube

---------- Post added 07-01-2012 at 09:44 AM ----------

Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
            You betcha. Here's an unbearably cool brand spanking new daytime video that was just posted on YouTube. At this point, this is the only daytime vid, and there have been only 66 viewers.

Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars POV- YouTube
            Whoops! I just noticed that hkdisuper posted the daytime video in the post above mine.

---------- Post added 07-01-2012 at 09:47 AM ----------

Originally posted by hkdlsuper View Post
            The Day Time video of Big Grizzly Runway

Thank you hkdlsuper! Day or night, this is one exponentially cool experience! Just don't feed the bears.
            Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-01-2012, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• SirEdge
              MiceChatter
              • Aug 2010

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Thanks for the Daytime POV hkdlsuper, you, indeed, are SUPER!

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                Iron-Clad Allie
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SirEdge View Post
                Awesome, awesome, awesome! Thanks for the Daytime POV hkdlsuper, you, indeed, are SUPER!
                Super hkdl is!

Comment

• StarSpeeder
                  New MiceChatter
                  • Jun 2012

Very awesome. I wish that it was in Disney's California Adventure though That would be pretty amazing and totally worth having to navigate around the annoying construction walls.

Just saying, Disney should consider gracing California with this coolio ride.

I think that I'm just a little jelly because we don't have this ride... because that ride is that awesome.
                  It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you. - Doc Brown, Back to the Future III
                  Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. -Forrest Gump
                  Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the from way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it. - Rafiki, Lion King
                  Do or do not. There is no "try".- Yoda, Star Wars
                  What are conscience! I'll tell ya! A conscience is that still small voice that people won't listen to. That's just the trouble with the world today... - Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio
                  Think of all the you you'll find when you leave the world behing and bud your cares goodbye. - Peter Pan
                  Mama always said, dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't. - Forrest Gump
                  Well, you can't never let anything happen to him. Then nothing would ever happen to him. Not much fun for little Harpo. -Dory, Finding Nemo
                  You don't understand. These are moments I regret, the memories that I have to change. - Cobb, Inception
                  The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up. - Timothy the Mouse, Dumbo
                  Well, the road didn't cut through the land like that interstate. It moved with the land, it rose, it fell, it curved. Cars didn't drive on it to make great time. They drove on it to have a great time. - Sally, Cars
                  In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto: Anyone can cook. But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. -Anton Ego, Ratatoulli
                  Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life-forms and new civilizations; to boldly go where no one has gone before.- Star Trek
                  It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. - Dumbledor, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
                  If you don't think, then you shouldn't talk. - March Hare, Alice in Wonderland
                  We don't like what we don't understand. In fact it scares us, snd this monster is mysterious at least.- The Mob, Beauty and the Beast
                  What I love most about rivers is you can't step in the same river twice. The water's always changing, always flowing. But people, I guess, can't live like that. We all must pay a price. To be safe we loose our chance of ever knowing what's around the river bend. -Pocahontas
                  You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. - Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh
                  People think I'm odd. So I know how it feels to be different and I know how lonely that can be. - Belle, Beauty and the Beast
                  The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability. -Remy, Ratatouille
                  If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your whole life go by without you, - Laverne, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
                  Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all. - Eduard Christoff Gerard Renaldi, The Princess Diaries
                  You try. You fail. You try. You fail. But the only true failure is when you stop trying. - Madame Leota, The Haunted Mansion
                  We are not thriving. True, our people live, but our culture is dying. We are like a stone the ocean beats against. With each passing year a little more of us is worn away. - Princess Kida, Atlantis: The Lost Empire

~~Back to the Future Randomness~~
                  Great Scott!
                  This is heavy!
                  Since you're new here, I-I'm gonna cut you a break, today. So, why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?
                  1.21 gigawatts!
                  I remember when this was all farmland as far the eye could see. Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees.
                  Well, that is your name, isn't it? Calvin Klein? It's written all over your underwear.
                  Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up.
                  Okay. Time circuit's on. Flux capacitor, fluxing. Engine running. All right.
                  Say hi to your mom for me.
                  The justice system works swiftly in the future now that they've abolished all lawyers.
                  That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship.
                  Butthead.
                  Manure! I hate manure!
                  Is this a hold up?- No, it's a science experiment!
                  Clara was one in a million. One in a billion. One in a googolplex!
                  What's your name, dude?- Uh, Mar...Eastwood. Clint Eastwood. -What kind of stupid name is that?

Have a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah day! (Uncle Remus, Song of the South)
                  May the odds be ever in your favor. (Effie, The Hunger Games)
                  Live long and prosper. (Spock, Star Trek)
                  May the force be with you. (Han Solo, Star Wars)

Comment

• SirEdge
                    MiceChatter
                    • Aug 2010

Now that I've seen the daytime POV video, I have three "concerns" - and these are very petty, so I'd love to hear some feedback from those who've ridden.

1. It seems tame. I expected it to be tame, like BTM tame, but BGM seems tamer, with the track's composed primarily of banked turns. I'm guessing the backwards and the launch sections should make up for it. But are there drops that make feel like your stomach's dropping from within you?

2. In the daytime POV, the mountain looks smaller than in the night shot, oh well. Seems silly to care. Anyone else notice this? Or is it more due to the position of the rider when the video was taken?

3. Is it me or does the ride look slower than Space Mountain? I don't mind SM speed, so has HKDL released any info how fast this is? Or is it just because there are multiple pauses in the ride that it never gets to build up as much speed as other coasters?

BTM was one of my favorite Disney rides, so I'm still very psyched to ride this...maybe next year.

Comment

• StarSpeeder
                      New MiceChatter
                      • Jun 2012

3. Is it me or does the ride look slower than Space Mountain? I don't mind SM speed, so has HKDL released any info how fast this is? Or is it just because there are multiple pauses in the ride that it never gets to build up as much speed as other coasters?

BTM was one of my favorite Disney rides, so I'm still very psyched to ride this...maybe next year.
                      Keep in mind that, on video, roller coasters usually seem slower than they actually are. Another thing is that on Space Mountain they have fans blowing in your face so it seems like you're moving faster
                      It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you. - Doc Brown, Back to the Future III
                      Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. -Forrest Gump
                      Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the from way I see it, you can either run from it, or... learn from it. - Rafiki, Lion King
                      Do or do not. There is no "try".- Yoda, Star Wars
                      What are conscience! I'll tell ya! A conscience is that still small voice that people won't listen to. That's just the trouble with the world today... - Jiminy Cricket, Pinocchio
                      Think of all the you you'll find when you leave the world behing and bud your cares goodbye. - Peter Pan
                      Mama always said, dying was a part of life. I sure wish it wasn't. - Forrest Gump
                      Well, you can't never let anything happen to him. Then nothing would ever happen to him. Not much fun for little Harpo. -Dory, Finding Nemo
                      You don't understand. These are moments I regret, the memories that I have to change. - Cobb, Inception
                      The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up. - Timothy the Mouse, Dumbo
                      Well, the road didn't cut through the land like that interstate. It moved with the land, it rose, it fell, it curved. Cars didn't drive on it to make great time. They drove on it to have a great time. - Sally, Cars
                      In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto: Anyone can cook. But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere. -Anton Ego, Ratatoulli
                      Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life-forms and new civilizations; to boldly go where no one has gone before.- Star Trek
                      It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. - Dumbledor, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
                      If you don't think, then you shouldn't talk. - March Hare, Alice in Wonderland
                      We don't like what we don't understand. In fact it scares us, snd this monster is mysterious at least.- The Mob, Beauty and the Beast
                      What I love most about rivers is you can't step in the same river twice. The water's always changing, always flowing. But people, I guess, can't live like that. We all must pay a price. To be safe we loose our chance of ever knowing what's around the river bend. -Pocahontas
                      You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. - Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh
                      People think I'm odd. So I know how it feels to be different and I know how lonely that can be. - Belle, Beauty and the Beast
                      The only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability. -Remy, Ratatouille
                      If watching is all you're going to do, then you're going to watch your whole life go by without you, - Laverne, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
                      Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all. - Eduard Christoff Gerard Renaldi, The Princess Diaries
                      You try. You fail. You try. You fail. But the only true failure is when you stop trying. - Madame Leota, The Haunted Mansion
                      We are not thriving. True, our people live, but our culture is dying. We are like a stone the ocean beats against. With each passing year a little more of us is worn away. - Princess Kida, Atlantis: The Lost Empire

~~Back to the Future Randomness~~
                      Great Scott!
                      This is heavy!
                      Since you're new here, I-I'm gonna cut you a break, today. So, why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?
                      1.21 gigawatts!
                      I remember when this was all farmland as far the eye could see. Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees.
                      Well, that is your name, isn't it? Calvin Klein? It's written all over your underwear.
                      Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up.
                      Okay. Time circuit's on. Flux capacitor, fluxing. Engine running. All right.
                      Say hi to your mom for me.
                      The justice system works swiftly in the future now that they've abolished all lawyers.
                      That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship.
                      Butthead.
                      Manure! I hate manure!
                      Is this a hold up?- No, it's a science experiment!
                      Clara was one in a million. One in a billion. One in a googolplex!
                      What's your name, dude?- Uh, Mar...Eastwood. Clint Eastwood. -What kind of stupid name is that?

Have a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah day! (Uncle Remus, Song of the South)
                      May the odds be ever in your favor. (Effie, The Hunger Games)
                      Live long and prosper. (Spock, Star Trek)
                      May the force be with you. (Han Solo, Star Wars)

Comment

• Ride Warrior
                        Iron-Clad Allie
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by StarSpeeder View Post
                        Very awesome. I wish that it was in Disney's California Adventure though That would be pretty amazing and totally worth having to navigate around the annoying construction walls.

Just saying, Disney should consider gracing California with this coolio ride.

I think that I'm just a little jelly because we don't have this ride... because that ride is that awesome.
                        It seems to me like Big Grizzy Mountain would be a perfect fit for the Grizzly Peak aea. It would be trippy to see the water flume and coaster interacting with one another.

---------- Post added 07-01-2012 at 04:49 PM ----------

Originally posted by StarSpeeder View Post
                        Keep in mind that, on video, roller coasters usually seem slower than they actually are. Another thing is that on Space Mountain they have fans blowing in your face so it seems like you're moving faster
                        Yep. Space Mountain is designed extremely cleverly ao as to create the tricky sensation that one is travelling at a much greater speed than they are.

---------- Post added 07-01-2012 at 04:59 PM ----------

Now that I've seen the daytime POV video, I have three "concerns" - and these are very petty, so I'd love to hear some feedback from those who've ridden.

1. It seems tame. I expected it to be tame, like BTM tame, but BGM seems tamer, with the track's composed primarily of banked turns. I'm guessing the backwards and the launch sections should make up for it. But are there drops that make feel like your stomach's dropping from within you?.
                        I'd say both coasters have comparable intensity. Big Thunder has a larger and more elaborate set area.

2. Inthe daytime POV, the mountain looks smaller than in the night shot, oh well. Seems silly to care. Anyone else notice this? Or is it more due to the position of the rider when the video was taken?.
                        i noticed this, too. Curious.... Perhaps your thought that the position of the rider could account for the difference in perception as to the size of the mountain.

Perhaps Big Grizzly isn't quite as fast as Big Thunder. But then, Big Thunder doesn't have a backward moving element.

Comment

• keithlee83
                          MiceChatter
                          • Nov 2007

1. It seems tame. I expected it to be tame, like BTM tame, but BGM seems tamer, with the track's composed primarily of banked turns. I'm guessing the backwards and the launch sections should make up for it. But are there drops that make feel like your stomach's dropping from within you?

2. In the daytime POV, the mountain looks smaller than in the night shot, oh well. Seems silly to care. Anyone else notice this? Or is it more due to the position of the rider when the video was taken?

I love your questions , siredge.

1. GG BGM has Very smooth and tamer track, it won' make you feel bad or headache after the ride. But BGM also has more drops than BTM, it make you scream and laugh but won't make you scare with. And the drops make you feel like flying but not scary, i love it! In my opinions , I didnt feel good about BTM track ,every time after I ride it, I was headache and have to rest for few minutes , and my back feel little painful, but BGM won't has this problem .

2. The mountain not bigger in size in fact but bigger than my expecation before i went there. but in different position , you will found that BGM looks bigger and wider especially at night . From entrance in GG surely it' looks bigger, but in BGM entrance it look bigger , but one more thing is you can see the BGM head in everywhere of the GG.

3.the ride is fast as SM in the beginning, but after backward, you feel like you re flying through the land with two lovely drops, it's a special feeling and hard to tell , just very funny but not scary.
                          but after exposion at power hole, the mine car is insane high speed! It's high speed as space mission two in DLP beginning and screaming coaster in Californina. And there are at least two drops as I remember. High speed as flying! It's really great!

The daytime video looks slower than night time video , but when you ride it, it's faster.

---------- Post added 07-02-2012 at 12:13 PM ----------

And in my opinion, although I love BTM too , but GG BGM is really much more exciting , tamer, smoother, lovely , speedy, theming , I love BGM over than other Disney coaster. Its something like space mission two in DLP makes you want ride more and more, yes I rode six times .
                          BGM and BTM is different in track system , BGM is nearly like or the same as EE track, but it's really smooth !
                          In my opinion, I didn't think BTM is the exciting ride from the first time I rode it to the last time I rode it .it's not my very favorite coaster in Disney maybe because of the little boring track system and uncomfortable feeling each time I rode it. Please note that it's my opinion only, please don't mind! Lol
                          BGM is the funny, lovely, exciting but not scary ride from the first time until six times , but I still want ride more and see more in the ride.
                          Last edited by keithlee83; 07-01-2012, 08:20 PM.
                          Blog: http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/tpl-keith

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X