• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PennysBayChronicle
    MiceChatter
    • Sep 2005

News Vampires Vs Werewolves for this year Haunted Halloween

Source: AsiaTravelTips AR Technology to Enhance Haunted Halloween @ Hong Kong Disneyland

Guests can enroll in the Graves Academy and discover whether their allegiance lies with the Vampire Coven or the Were Tribe. Once a prestigious learning institution, Principal Graves has filled the academy with darkness and decay and now offers the most frightening curriculum on earth in his determination to breed evil in the future.
    Momentum is building as the Vampires and Were Tribe continue challenging each other to a final assembly on Main Street U.S.A. Billed as the Clash of Evil showdown, the battle between the two emerging dark forces will rock the once peaceful Main Street U.S.A. Guests are invited to witness this fight for supremacy of the dark side.
    AR Technology
    To further immerse guests in the Haunted Halloween, Vampire or Were Tribe T-shirts and selected apparel from the Jack Skellington ranges will be available from merchandise locations, allowing guests to demonstrate their allegiance to everyone. Those wearing innovative AR T-shirts in front of the Haunted Halloween Magic Mirror located around the Park will see dark apparitions appear before their eyes, while children in AR T-shirts from the Mickey Family Halloween apparel range will be able to activate images of Mickey and friends.
    2-day ticket holders can visit the park on any 2 days within a 7-day period to double up the spooky fun. Guests staying at the two themed hotels or who purchase room and ticket packages only need to add HK$600 for a Halloween themed room makeover.
  • bennettshiu
    MiceChatter
    • Mar 2007

Coven and the Were Tribe, two emerging forces of evil, are invading Hong Kong Disneyland and stirring up an intense clash to determine who will be the ultimate leader of the darkness that permeates every corner of the Park. From October 4th to 31st (

Ominous surprises permeate every corner of the Park, including the chance to virtually meet and interact with the recruitment leaders of the evil forces
    Brand new Halloween fun can be found throughout Hong Kong Disneyland! Get ready to enroll at Graves Academy, a once prestigious learning academy where Master Graves is breeding the evil of the future. Guests should join forces to support their team when the Vampires and Werewolves meet for the ultimate showdown at Main Street, U.S.A. Be there to witness which team will be victorious and the supreme ruler of all dark forces.

At the , an array of music, dance, stage performances and interactive games bring Guests exciting entertainment options, including 4 nights of performances by the hot new pan-Asian girl band BLUSH, whose members come from five different countries in Asia. In addition, performances by End of Line, TRON City Dance Crew, the ElecTRONica Program Dancers and the spectacular Laserman Show will light up the night. On Friday and Saturday nights, popular radio DJs will also take over the stage with their own brand of party games, elevating the atmosphere to new heights. There will also be slick demonstrations of artful yo-yo tricks by. Mickey, Duffy and the whole gang, clad in their new Halloween costumes, will process around Fantasyland to their own Trick or Treat locations where they look forward to meeting and greeting Guests. Fans of the Vampire Coven and the Were Tribe

Wendy Chu, Director, Marketing, Hong Kong Disneyland Resorthas been a big hit with young adults over the years.. This year, the story of the clash between Vampires and Werewolves invites Guests and their friends to choose their dark side and take the challenge anytime via the game app while enjoying the new Halloween offerings at the Park, which include the chance to meet

The Park is concurrently launching a creative power challenge game app for smartphones that employs the clash of evil theme, which will allow it to expand its target audience to include young adults who love to engage in games. After the successful implementation of AR in its Halloween offerings last year, the Park is taking this AR application to another level by incorporating it into a smartphone game. Frederick Chan, Director, Marketing, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort,September 20thdark emblems scattered throughout the city, as well as inside the P Players who manage to track down at least one of the most powerful evil emblems, which are located in the Park, can enjoy the ultimate experience in the Park.

Wendy Chu added.

A series of new innovative AR T-shirts in various styles, including Jack Skellington, Vampire Coven and Were Tribe themes, will be launched in the Park this year. Embedded with AR technology, Guests will be surprised when they wear their AR T-shirts in front of one of the located around the Park and either vampires or werewolves start jumping out from their T-shirts! AR T-shirts featuring Mickey and friends are also available for kids, with a Disney pumpkin theme appearing in the Magic Mirrors. Guests can even view the same effect with their webcam at home to extend the experience even further. In addition, Magic Access members can enjoy an extra surprise as they transform and virtually interact with their team members in front of the Magic Mirrors. Pictures can even be downloaded from the Magic Access Member Site for free!

While a dark force invades Hong Kong Disneyland, co-marketing partnerships will further enhance the Halloween entertainment in-park experience, including Yo-yo Tricks presented by Duncan. 1-day ticket priced at HK$399, while those who fancy a wild night of frightful fun after 6pm may choose the night ticket priced at HK$259. Continuing our previous success with Yahoo!, group buy tickets will be available to broaden our reach. Guests who join the preview Yahoo! Tour will enjoy a discount of up to 30% off. A HK$260 Thursday Night Pass will be exclusively available at all Circle K outlets. With this pass, Guests may enjoy Halloween fun at Hong Kong Disneyland on all four Thursdays in October, including October 31st. From September 20th, 2-night tickets priced at HK$289 will also be exclusively available at Giordano stores with any in-store purchase.

The will return due to popular demand. Led by a traveling show set up in the heart of Adventureland, dares morbidly curious Guests to find out why the Headless Horseman is seeking revenge from the Barker. Meet for a creepy photo with nocturnal mythical creatures, ghoulish souls and the Grim Reaper wandering the dark and fogged pathways of Join in the frightful fun by indulging in a Halloween makeover or getting a spray tattoo at "Boo-tique" and celebrate Halloween in style. The fast and furious During your night of fun, do not miss out on the tempting Halloween-themed delicacies available both in Park and at the two themed hotels. A series of over 140 all-new Haunted Halloween merchandise itemsThis glow-in-the-dark T-shirt series will be available in the Park by the end of September.

Guests who stay at the two themed hotels or those who purchase room and ticket packages may simply add HK$600 for a Halloween themed room makeover. And for the price of HK$4,088, Guests may enjoy a guided Halloween Dark Elite Tourwww.hongkongdisneyland.com or call the Disney Reservation Center at +852 1830 830 for more details on tickets and hotel reservations.

Comment

• Right Ear
      WDW Cast Member
      • Jul 2010

Re: Vampires Vs Werewolves for this year Haunted Halloween

OMG, HKDL got Twilight Syndrome. But seriously, it looks great for what it is.
      Met Anna and Elsa over 1100 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

Comment

• TravisMT81
        Surfin the net with Duffy
        • Jul 2007

wow very impressive! I am not into the scary halloween scenarios, but I understand they are catering to their clientel.

:love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:
        We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
        Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Comment

• DuffyGuardian
          Adventures with Duffy
          • Sep 2005

That looks really cool. I hope the event is as fun as it looks.
          Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

• bigwavedave
            Dave
            • Oct 2006

Oh at first, I thought we were talking about a new Underworld Movie!
            Dave

Comment

• ree523
              MiceChatter
              • Dec 2010

The vampire girl is portrayed by angelababy, Angela Yeung Wing (HK artist)
              And the werewolf is portrayed by 崔豪進 (Korean Artist)

I think last year's promotion is much more attractive, the starring just cuts the promotion budget.

BTW, thanks for sharing, this year Mickeys and Minnie costume is a vintage.
              Mickey is wearing a vampire cloak, and Minnie dresses in Scarlet! Nice!

Comment

• Witches of Morva
                Minion
                • Jan 2005

ORDDU: I don't believe this edgy type of way of celebrating Halloween would work well in the American Disney parks. But as someone else already said, they have to cater to the Asian clientel. I'm just surprised that Asians are so accepting of such stark horror when it comes to celebrating Halloween. They never used to celebrate it before there was a Hong Kong Disneyland, did they???

Comment

• SirEdge
                  MiceChatter
                  • Aug 2010

Halloween has been around for quite some time. Well not that long, but certainly before HKDL.

Comment

• Witches of Morva
                    Minion
                    • Jan 2005

ORDDU: Well, yes, it's been around for a long time but not all cultures acknowledge it and we have no idea how Hong Kong has been relating to it before HKDL came along.

Comment

• ree523
                      MiceChatter
                      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                      ORDDU: Well, yes, it's been around for a long time but not all cultures acknowledge it and we have no idea how Hong Kong has been relating to it before HKDL came along.
                      As a Hongkonger, though Halloween is not a tradition or religious festival to us, we celebrate it because it's a fun and "commercial" festival. Many kindergartens and schools hold Halloween Parties in late October. In some kindergartens, kids wear costumes on that day.I used to trick-or-treat around in campus when I was in secondary school. (indeed we just shared candies, and this culture varies from school to school)
                      In Lanwaifong, there are Halloween street parties very year long before the HKDSL opened.
                      I think ocean park has held the Halloween event for many years too. It has been a common festival amongst youngers and young adults for a long time in Hong Kong. If you google lanwaifong and Halloween, you will find lots of photos about it.

Comment

• Witches of Morva
                        Minion
                        • Jan 2005

ORDDU: Thank you for answering my question, ree523, duckling. My sisters and I had no idea how Hong Kong related to Halloween until you explained it so well!

Comment

• SirEdge
                          MiceChatter
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                          Sorry for not being clear Witchies! ree523 pretty much said what I meant.

As a regional example, here in the Philippines, Christmas is a big thing because we are predominantly Christian country 92.6% (81% Catholic, 11.6 Protestant) for the past few hundred of years. Halloween, however, is not part of our culture except in the context of mall decor. October 31 is usually a holiday for us because Nov. 1 & 2 are All Saints and All Souls Days respectively.

When I was kid, we'd have costume parties, usually arranged by rich families or kids' clubs (like McDonalds or something), but trick or treating was rare. The only one who did it were the kids in the rich neighborhoods. However, in the past ten years, because to media, and the malls encouraging kids to go trick or treating at the different stores in the malls, it has since to my surprise spread to the middle class neighborhoods.

I can imagine that it has grown in a similar manner in HK, but to a different extent.

Comment

• ree523
                            MiceChatter
                            • Dec 2010

Mickey and Minnie costumes this year are really fabulous and detailed from their hats to their boots, I love these!!
                            Make an comparison for fun here.

I didn't take photos with Donald and Daisy, but he is a Vampire Duck.

Last edited by ree523; 09-21-2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Witches of Morva
                              Minion
                              • Jan 2005

ORWEN: I wonder if Mystic Manor will be next year's focal point for HKDL's Halloween, since it's going to be scary and creepy? At least it'll be open by then.

Comment

• aimster
                                Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

HKDL's biggest competitor is Ocean Park, who also does a scary Halloween event, so HKDL is doing the same to keep up with the competition.

The scary Halloween stuff wouldn't work here in the US parks, but I do wish they'd have at least ONE haunted maze geared toward the adults here as not everyone likes the cutesy Halloween stuff WDW & Disneyland puts on. I like it well enough, but at the same time I want the living **** scared out of me. LOL!

Comment

• Aotphks
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                                  The scary Halloween stuff wouldn't work here in the US parks, but I do wish they'd have at least ONE haunted maze geared toward the adults here as not everyone likes the cutesy Halloween stuff WDW & Disneyland puts on. I like it well enough, but at the same time I want the living **** scared out of me. LOL!
                                  You contradict yourself. First you state with conviction that "scary halloween stuff would not work in the US parks", then you "want the living **** scared out of" you. So what is it? Do you have data backing up your claim that scary halloween events would not work in the US? Seems to me the US Disney management teams don't have the "pumpkins" to dare do such a halloween event as that being done in Hong Kong Disneyland. The photos in this topic back up the fact that it can be scary without being disgusting or gory AND also fun since the characters are also involved in the event. Not to mention that they seems to spend money and imagination to make it different from one year to the next and even seems more elaborate than what Disney World and Disneyland are doing.. which is the same old boring "not scary" stuff year after year. If Disneyland or Disney World did a similar halloween event to that of Hong Kong Disneyland, I would take my kids to enjoy it knowing in me that it would be a restrained kind of semi-scary enviroment, without the unnecesary gore that Universal does in their events, which is the sole reason why the US Disney parks run the opposite way and offer the other alternative. But my opinion has always been..isn't halloween supposed to be scary? So what's the point of a not-so-scary celebration?
                                  Of course, If Disneyland and Disney World were putting on an elaborate and lavishly crafted event like Tokyo Disneyland puts on, then yes, I would not mind it being a diabetic comma of Disney fun. But as it is.. bottom line is: those halloween parties are over priced for what they actually offer. They may be fun for the little kids but lack variety and imagination.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X