Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystic Manor to use latest technology in 4K Projection, Wifi, RFID, 3D Glasses, etc..

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Mystic Manor to use latest technology in 4K Projection, Wifi, RFID, 3D Glasses, etc..

Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 03-19-2013, 06:58 PM.

Re: Mystic Manor to use latest technology in 4K Projection, Wifi, RFID, 3D Glasses, e

Its a 4D attraction. Ehhhhh.....didn't see that coming. Really hoping it still turns out great and not just a CGI free for all.

Comment

Re: Mystic Manor to use latest technology in 4K Projection, Wifi, RFID, 3D Glasses, e

Hi-tech haunting from Disney - The Standard

Hi-tech haunting from Disney

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Click image for larger version

Name:	5_2013031922242784655c_disney.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	7348489

Hong Kong Disneyland opens a haunted house in May, which the company says is one of the most sophisticated rides it has ever built.

The new attraction, pictured, will have a "trackless" ride system, which uses wi-fi and radio-frequency identification to control movement of 32 vehicles simultaneously.

The company puts it this way: "Mystic Manor blends Disney's immersive story telling and innovative technology by utilizing several state-of- the-art technologies to create a one-of- a kind attraction with special effects."

A total of 13 show scenes with 40 visual effects using 36 projectors, including four 4K projectors, are featured.
      Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
      Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
      Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
      Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

Interesting to hear more details about the attraction its self. I really do hope its a good mix of Projection and AA now. Bit unsure how i feel about the 3D.

Still have high hopes for a classic attraction.

Comment

This is the other one that I saw today.

Disneyland's new trackless ride uses barcode technology

Comment

This will be the attraction with the most 101's.

Comment

Am I the only one hoping that some of this has been done in conjunction with the WDS Ratatouille attraction?
              sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
              Walt Disney

Comment

Comment

ORGOCH: Still, yer gonna' be one a the first ducklin's over there ta ride this new thing, Timmy, ducklin'! Then yer gonna' come right back here an' tell the rest of us what it was like! We's countin' on ya!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                    ORGOCH: Still, yer gonna' be one a the first ducklin's over there ta ride this new thing, Timmy, ducklin'! Then yer gonna' come right back here an' tell the rest of us what it was like! We's countin' on ya!!!

Comment

ORWEN: Oh, yes! There's something new in California! The Princess Fantasy Faire just opened at Disneyland. And I happen to know that Princess Aurora would very much like to pose with you in a picture! (Just don't let Prince Phillip know about this.)

Comment

Originally posted by Asa View Post
                        Hi-tech haunting from Disney - The Standard

Hi-tech haunting from Disney

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28069[/ATTACH]

Hong Kong Disneyland opens a haunted house in May, which the company says is one of the most sophisticated rides it has ever built.

The new attraction, pictured, will have a "trackless" ride system, which uses wi-fi and radio-frequency identification to control movement of 32 vehicles simultaneously.

The company puts it this way: "Mystic Manor blends Disney's immersive story telling and innovative technology by utilizing several state-of- the-art technologies to create a one-of- a kind attraction with special effects."

A total of 13 show scenes with 40 visual effects using 36 projectors, including four 4K projectors, are featured.
                        This attraction sounds "Fantastic!!" If they are delivering what they promise, this will be the new Haunted Mansion (Manor) on steroids.

Got to experience some of the 4D effects at the "other" Parks. (Universal Orlando) and it does add to a great ride experience. Hopefully they will balance this with traditional animatronics to complete the attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Goofy View Post
                          This attraction sounds "Fantastic!!" If they are delivering what they promise, this will be the new Haunted Mansion (Manor) on steroids.

Got to experience some of the 4D effects at the "other" Parks. (Universal Orlando) and it does add to a great ride experience. Hopefully they will balance this with traditional animatronics to complete the attraction.
                          I know that people are saying that they don't like the idea of the digital video and all. But Spiderman at IOA makes it work. I am willing to take a wait and see. I look forward to hearing the reviews.
                          Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ni_teach View Post
                            I know that people are saying that they don't like the idea of the digital video and all. But Spiderman at IOA makes it work. I am willing to take a wait and see. I look forward to hearing the reviews.
                            Spiderman, Transformers, Forbidden Journey, Studio Tour, even Soarin and Nemo use screens.
                            Be Cool Stay in School!
                            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Goofy View Post

I'm pretty surprised over the use of the screens, but as long as they're well-integrated, I'll be a happy camper. I'm more surprised over the use of 3D, since the models and concept art never depicted the riders in glasses.

As for regular AAs, there seem to be hints of AAs being developed based on the preview videos we've seen before.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X