X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Marvel Land?

香港迪士尼將建Marvel land | Blog | This is Mr. B - Yahoo! Blog

If you scroll to the post dated 20/05/2013 it says something about marvel land. The only thing is its all in Chinese. I tried using google translate but the grammar didn't make sense. Can anyone understand the article and tell us what it's about?

Another one:
    《本港經濟》港迪士尼建Marvel Land,擬鐵甲奇俠掛帥 - 經濟通 ET Net
    Disney Trips:
    Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
    Walt Disney World: April 2015
    Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
    Disneyland Paris: July 2017, September 2017, November 2017, January 2018 (SOON!!)
    Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013, June 2016...

Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    2) Tower of Terror (TDS, DHS)
    3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
    5) Haunted Mansion (MK, DL, TDL)

Twitter: @WaltDisneyWanderer

Re: Marvel Land?

The second phase of expansion, Marvel Land is set to be completed in 2017.

This publication understands that the land will feature Iron Man as the primary character, as it is hugely popular in Hong Kong as can be seen recently. The second character maybe either Thor or Captain America, but ultimately the number of characters in the land will depend on HKDL's financial situation, as Disney will be taking royalty fees and licensing fees.

And this publication understands that the third phase of expansion is also in the works and should be completed in 2019.

The costs of Marvel Land is over HK$1 billion, all the details are still to be announced because they need to do an exact costing and budget.

The HK govt announced the Marvel Land in February and the expansion costs will be borne by the park's profits.
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

ORDDU: My sisters and I thought this rumor about Marvel Land coming to HKDL was just a rumor and not yet a confirmed fact. We had read that someone within the Hong Kong government got confused and 'leaked' the whole thing before Disney had officially confirmed this idea.

ORWEN: Didn't this same sort of thing happen when there was also a rumor about Star Tours coming to HKDL?

ORGOCH: Who cares? We don't plan ta never go see Ping Pong Dizzyland anyways!!!

Comment

I think that as HK govt is the majority shareholder of HKDL, WDC does not really have the power to veto what their larger partner have decided, even though Tom Staggs said it was not a done deal, I think maybe he just wants to keep things under wraps until the final designs are complete.

After all I don't believe the HK govt will go to WDC and say we want Marvel if it was not among the proposals from WDI.
        Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
        Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
        Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
        Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
        Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X