• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PennysBayChronicle
    MiceChatter
    • Sep 2005

News Proposed Theme Park at Tung Chung scrapped

The Planning Department and the Civil Engineering and Development Department today (May 21) launched the Stage 2 Public Engagement for the Tung Chung New Town Extension Study to gauge the public's views on the planning direction, scale and area of development for the initial land use options. Members of the public are welcome to participate in the activities.

and according to the details of stage 2 Public Engagement Consultation, the proposed Theme park is gone and replaced by a proposed Marina with a capacity of 350 boats and a proposed public playground.

I guess HK government is either abandoning the idea of building another theme park at Tung Chung or putting it else where.
  • PennysBayChronicle
    MiceChatter
    • Sep 2005

Re: Proposed Theme Park at Tung Chung scrapped

News update....

source :

政府早年曾預留40公頃的東涌海濱土地興建主題公園,但在最新方案中已被剔除。局方解釋,考慮整體規劃後, 東涌目前會以增加房屋供應為目標,日後會在其區物色地皮發展主題公園
    the plan of building a theme park at Tung Chung East has been cancelled. But the Development Bureau says they will identify suitable land else where to develop the theme park later.

so the idea of building another theme park is not dead yet!!!

pic credit : MingPao

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	7351241

I guess they might relocate the land for the theme park to Sunny Bay where they plan to enlarge the size by reclamation. Time will tell. I'll keep u posted.
    Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 05-22-2013, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• CaliforniaAdventurer
      MiceChatter
      • Jan 2005

Does Hong Kong want to be the Orlando of the Orient?

Comment

• PennysBayChronicle
        MiceChatter
        • Sep 2005

I believe the gov of HK would like to increase the capacity of accepting tourists from Mainland China without overloading traditional Tourist Districts (Causeway Bay, Mongkok, TST etc). Once the Mega Bridge (HK-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge) and Tuen Mun-Chek Lap Kok Link are completed (the target completion date : 2016 for mega bridge, 2018 for latter) the number of tourists from Mainland China might increase. They need more hotels, shopping malls and even theme parks to accommodate those increased tourists.

There was a news report that HK gov might build a huge car park to accommodate as many as 10,000 cars on the site of the proposed HK Boundary Crossing Facilities .

And there is also the third runway proposed for HK international airport.

pics for the Proposed HK Boundary Crossing Facilities and toll plaza of mega bridge

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	7351242
        Attached Files
        Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 05-22-2013, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• ree523
          MiceChatter
          • Dec 2010

Thanks for updating us. But it is still sort of dispointment to me. I believe if there is one more world-class theme park ( eg, universal studio or orlando or anothers). All three theme parks will co-survive from competitions; and benefit from attracting vast travellig tourists from asian countries too, not only mainlanders).

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
          Working...
          X