• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ridetotheworld
    MiceChatter
    • May 2013

News HKD halloween plans 2013

Looks like this article has shown us of what they gonna have for this Halloween this year.

Disney visitors to be screaming for more - The Standard

This Haunted Halloween will see the theme park launch a "Scream-No-More Challenge" - to test the ability of visitors to fight fear, and the urge to give full play to their lung-power.

Checkpoints would be located in the seven themed areas throughout the park, where waiting in dark corners to scare the bejesus out of funseekers will be the likes of cannibalized Babyhead - lurking in Toy Story Land, or extraordinary beings in Adventureland.

This sounds as they are putting more event. Thanks to the three new lands. With it, they'll open the park till 11 pm from oct 4 - oct 31
  • Witches of Morva
    Minion
    • Jan 2005

Re: HKD halloween plans 2013

ORWEN: This sounds more like something Universal Studios would do than Disney. I'm glad I won't be there to go through any of that nonsense. I like a more innocent version of Halloween--like what they do at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom.

Comment

• tloolgb
      Internet.Serious Business
      • May 2005

So, compared to TDL or DL Hong Kong doesn't seem to like to post the dates of the Halloween celebration. I've seen Space Mountain is down until the 10th, can I assume that is when the Halloween celebration kicks off?

Comment

• barryb
        • Jul 2005

In HKDL at the moment and Halloween kicks off October 4th. They're adding new additions to the park every day. Chernabog was added today to the hub. Space mountain is down at the moment for its spooky update. BarryB.
        Long Time No Speak!! In its day http://www.barrybedford.com was home to over 90 minutes of video and hundreds of photos of Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong Disney Resorts. I'm older now but still love all things Disney and lucky enough to still travel them all. Just don't have the same time to record, edit and share my experiences! BB.

Comment

• barryb
          • Jul 2005

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	7352147Fab Chernabog sunset this evening!!
          Long Time No Speak!! In its day http://www.barrybedford.com was home to over 90 minutes of video and hundreds of photos of Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong Disney Resorts. I'm older now but still love all things Disney and lucky enough to still travel them all. Just don't have the same time to record, edit and share my experiences! BB.

Comment

• Witches of Morva
            Minion
            • Jan 2005

ORDDU: Hmmm....I could swear I used to date that fellow some years ago....anyway, thank you for the interesting photo, barryb, duckling!

Comment

• Baloo
              • Jun 2005

I really like that HKD does Halloween like this and wish that every resort expanded their offering with an alternative take on Halloween.

I think that Halloween can be done creepy but not gory like Universal and Knott's. Hong Kong Disneyland seems to do this well.

all the other resorts have more than one park. They could easily keep the very family oriented halloween time in the main Magic kingdom parks and have a more creepy but not gory version in one of the other gates.

Comment

• SirEdge
                MiceChatter
                • Aug 2010

Disney and More has posted a pic of Babyface installed in TSL as part of Halloween.
                Last edited by SirEdge; 09-12-2013, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• SirEdge
                  MiceChatter
                  • Aug 2010

Here's the pic!

Apparently they're extending Halloween into TSP and GG as well.

I hope they will dress up Mystic Manor by next year or by the 10th anniversary.

Comment

• aimster
                    Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

Originally posted by Witches of Morva View Post
                    ORWEN: This sounds more like something Universal Studios would do than Disney. I'm glad I won't be there to go through any of that nonsense. I like a more innocent version of Halloween--like what they do at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom.
                    The people of Hong Kong like the scary Halloween stuff and HKDL as always has Ocean Park to compete with and OP does a scary Halloween event as well. It looks though as HKDL focuses more on creepy/spooky scares than gory ones, which is a good alternative. I love a good scare, but I can't stomach the gore that's in houses like at Knott's, Universal & Busch Gardens. Scare actors can jump out and scare me no problem, but when it comes to blood, guts and body parts.... BARF.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X