X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Third hotel officially announced

Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
    Yes, but people usually only stay at a Disney hotel if they are there for a lengthly period of time (2+ nights). Otherwise, they usually stay at a hotel that is in the middle of everything so they can stay in one place for their entire vacation. WDW makes a ton of money off hotels because they have 4 parks and 2 water parks which can allow guests to stay for 7+ days and not leave the resort.
    But, that doesn't matter. All of the Disney Hotels, WDW or not, have very high occupancy rates. The demand is there for more rooms, and evident to Disney to capture the revenue.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagineer45 View Post
      Yes, but people usually only stay at a Disney hotel if they are there for a lengthly period of time (2+ nights). Otherwise, they usually stay at a hotel that is in the middle of everything so they can stay in one place for their entire vacation. WDW makes a ton of money off hotels because they have 4 parks and 2 water parks which can allow guests to stay for 7+ days and not leave the resort.
      That's actually not strictly true. Many people who visit HKDL chooses to spend at least one night at the resort. If they have plans to visit other parts of town, they will spend the other nights of their stay in other hotels in town.

There is no argument, HKDL needs the third hotel as much for the revenue as well as the capacity. They are not building ahead of their time. They need it. HK needs it.
      Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
      Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
      Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
      Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
      Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

ORGOCH: Folks need ta start doin' what I does! Bring along a sleepin' bag an' pitch a tent!!! Saves time an' money!!!

Comment

Well, someone must expect HKDL to do well enough in the future that a 3rd hotel is in the works. Though, what really interest me is while looking at the map, it looks like there is enough room for a 4th hotel sometime in the future.

Comment

^I believe there is room for a fourth hotel, and I'd guess that it'd probably happen once a second gate finally gets going.
            sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
            Walt Disney

Comment

Hong Kong gov't to increase funding in Disney - China News - SINA English

This is old(ish) news. But HKDL's third hotel budget has been approved by the finance committee of LegCo. I expect work to start very soon.
              Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
              Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
              Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
              Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by bigglesworth003 View Post
                It really doesn't have much to do with the Park's admission numbers. Simply is the two current hotels are at and extremely high occupancy rate year round. A third will be the same, and they are cash cows for HKDL

Mooo!!! HKDL is all about the money grab! Smaller park bigger profits due to less upkeep....

Comment

Working...
                X