This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News We might see the development of 2nd Phase (2nd Park??) sooner

Discussion on the second phase had been brought forward but details could not yet be given, said Deputy Commissioner for Tourism Rosanna Law Shuk-pui.
    source : SCMP

Re: We might see the development of 2nd Phase (2nd Park??) sooner

I wouldn't mind seeing a clone of Tokyo DisneySea in Hong Kong despite lack of originality. I hope the Government won't follow the footsteps of Paris. We don't need another "boutique" park built on the cheap.
    Last edited by iluvHKDL; 03-06-2014, 03:56 AM.

Comment

I'd like to see HKDL come up with a unique theme for its 2nd gate if they can pull it off. Something that can combine all the great attractions of the 2nd gates worldwide.

Comment

I've always thought the Disneysea 'ports of call' idea would well in Hong Kong and with the number of possible ports you could easily have a similar park but with completely different themed lands and attractions ranger like it looks their doing in Shanghai with the classic magic kingdom design

Comment

Cars Land
          Star Wars Land
          Marvel Land
          Pirates Coast

Add a couple more from the likes of Frozen, Tangled, Monsters Inc or Monsters U and you have the HKDL second gate.
          Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
          Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
          Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
          Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
          Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
          Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
          Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Comment

ORWEN: And don't forget a Black Cauldron dark ride, while you're at it! I've been waiting for one of those for years!

ORGOCH: Yer gonna' keep on waitin', too! Like as if anybody cared ta see one them animatronic figgers a YER big, fat behind in a dark ride!!!!

Comment

It will probably be a movie studio. Don't get your hopes up. I'm not.
              Be Cool Stay in School!
              Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
                Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
                  I always like to look on the positive side.... even if they do decide to do 'WDS HK' I would seriously doubt it would ever turn out like the one in Paris.

Heck, even if they had the same (€600m?) budget, it'd probably be a darn sight better than "l'erreur" that sits next to Parc Disneyland.

So have faith... all is not lost. There's a world of possibilities out there.
                  I'm just over studio parks and would like something new.

DHS is much better than WDS, and the Holly Wood land of DCA. If they do a DHS that would be ok especially if they look at DHS and try to make its theme more congruent and classical.

I think it may be a DHS style park because of movie becoming more popular in the growing region around HK.
                  Be Cool Stay in School!
                  Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X