Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    according to a chinese newspaper ETNET HK and Yahoo News:

    The Tourism Commissioner has revealed that 2nd Disney Theme Park(Phase 2 expansion) is on the agenda. Reclamation for the 2nd park(Phase 2 expansion) would be completed by 2008.

    She expressed confidence in HKDL to achieve its 1st year attendance target and it is quite evident that the HK government need to consider the phase 2 development.

    Source: ETNET HK/Yahoo News (in chinese)
    Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 02-02-2006, 04:20 AM.

  • #2
    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    Originally posted by HongKongDisneyland
    The Tourism Commissioner has revealed that 2nd Disney Theme Park(Phase 2 expansion) is on the agenda. Reclamation for the 2nd park(Phase 2 expansion) would be completed by 2008.

    She expressed confidence in HKDL to achieve its 1st year attendance target and it is quite evident that the HK government need to consider the phase 2 development.
    Or, you could just finish building the *first* park... sheesh guys, get it together...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

      It's gonna take a few years to fill in the bay some more and reclaim more land. They can add Frontierland and a few more rides to the first park in between now and then, and when DL is filled out a bit they can open the second park.

      However, don't build a second park if you don't know what to build. No more "Studios" parks please! ! ! ! !

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

        Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
        It's gonna take a few years to fill in the bay some more and reclaim more land. They can add Frontierland and a few more rides to the first park in between now and then, and when DL is filled out a bit they can open the second park.

        However, don't build a second park if you don't know what to build. No more "Studios" parks please! ! ! ! !
        Something different please....

        Disney fragrant harbour?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

          Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
          It's gonna take a few years to fill in the bay some more and reclaim more land. They can add Frontierland and a few more rides to the first park in between now and then, and when DL is filled out a bit they can open the second park.

          However, don't build a second park if you don't know what to build. No more "Studios" parks please! ! ! ! !
          What?! Surely you don't suggest Hong Kongians aren't clamoring for a Tower of Terror clone, MuppetVision 3-D, Star Tours, Turtle Talk with Crush, Aladdin Carpets, and Playhouse Disney Live On Stage?

          Of course, that's way more than HKDL got for opening day, so you'd have to pare that down a little bit. Maybe they could just have a 100-acre lawn with Tower of Terror in the middle.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

            Park #2 has been on the plans since HKDL was announced in 1999. This isnt shocking news.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

              Originally posted by MiklCraw4d
              Of course, that's way more than HKDL got for opening day, so you'd have to pare that down a little bit. Maybe they could just have a 100-acre lawn with Tower of Terror in the middle.
              LOL!!!!

              My vote is for the 100-acre lawn with a Winnie the Pooh meet-n-greet in the middle. It's a hunny of a park!
              I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
              sigpic



              Founding Member of the BA!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

                Originally posted by Chernabog
                My vote is for the 100-acre lawn with a Winnie the Pooh meet-n-greet in the middle. It's a hunny of a park!
                HAHA... Now *that's* entertainment!

                "Come see Pooh on our lawn!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

                  This is what Wikipedia has to say, I wonder if it's accurate:

                  Phase 1 Extension

                  Rumours suggest Frontierland and Mickey's Toontown will be built in the near future. After completing Phase 1 Extension, Hong Kong Disneyland will then consist of six theme [lands.] Besides, new attractions will be added during the Phase 1 Extension.

                  The following attractions will be added soon for the Phase 1 Extension:
                  Autopia (open in Summer 2006) - Autopia is already illustrated on the park guide map.
                  Raging Spirits (open in 2007) - Raging Spirits, which debuted at Tokyo DisneySea, is a jungle temple themed rollercoaster and will appear in Adventureland.
                  Pirates of the Caribbean - Pirates of the Caribbean will take the format already created at Pirates of the Caribbean attractions at other Magic Kingdoms and mixed with the Splash Mountain format, creating a dark ride with a log flume.
                  "it's a small world" and Peter Pan's Flight (open in 2007/2008) - Both are the well-known Fantasyland attractions and will be included in the latter part of the Phase 1 Extension.


                  Also, according to the information of laughingplace.com and Ming Pao's (one of the biggest newspaper publishers in Hong Kong) report that a new attraction called "UFO Zone" will be built inside Tomorrowland after the approval of the Buildings Department of the government. This thrilling attraction will feature crash-landed shuttles, water spouts and fountains.


                  Future Extensions

                  The Phase 2 Extension is located near the Disneyland park. As the reclaimed land reserved for Phase 2 Extension and the Disneyland park are being blocked by Park Promenade (a pedestrian walkway which links the MTR Disneyland Resort Station, Disneyland park and Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel), it's expected that the resort's second Disney theme park will be built on that site.
                  Moreover, the Phase 3 Extension is being considered by the Walt Disney Company and the Hong Kong Government.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

                    Originally posted by MiklCraw4d
                    Or, you could just finish building the *first* park... sheesh guys, get it together...
                    Here's hoping to John Lassetter knowing what he's doing!
                    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

                      Originally posted by yoyoflamingo
                      Here's hoping to John Lassetter knowing what he's doing!
                      If they are not serious enough to build good attractions, I think HongKongers would like to see the future site for Phase 2 expansion being turned into garden or a supermarket (HK WalDisneyMart) than a theme park.
                      Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 02-04-2006, 07:50 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

                        Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
                        This is what Wikipedia has to say, I wonder if it's accurate:

                        Phase 1 Extension

                        Rumours suggest Frontierland and Mickey's Toontown will be built in the near future. After completing Phase 1 Extension, Hong Kong Disneyland will then consist of six theme [lands.] Besides, new attractions will be added during the Phase 1 Extension.

                        The following attractions will be added soon for the Phase 1 Extension:
                        Autopia (open in Summer 2006) - Autopia is already illustrated on the park guide map.
                        Raging Spirits (open in 2007) - Raging Spirits, which debuted at Tokyo DisneySea, is a jungle temple themed rollercoaster and will appear in Adventureland.
                        Pirates of the Caribbean - Pirates of the Caribbean will take the format already created at Pirates of the Caribbean attractions at other Magic Kingdoms and mixed with the Splash Mountain format, creating a dark ride with a log flume.
                        "it's a small world" and Peter Pan's Flight (open in 2007/2008) - Both are the well-known Fantasyland attractions and will be included in the latter part of the Phase 1 Extension.
                        No I don't believe it. Toontown and Frontierland were mentioned in the 1999 original press release...but I don't see them happening. It's just too odd of a shape to add whole lands like that outside the berm where they have the space. I mean maybe they'll add Toontown out the back like in Disneyland...but it'd be small, very small if they do infact add IASW.

                        Raging Spirits is supposed to have been cancelled. Pirates is still a rumor. As is Peter Pan. IASW is next according to some people (again how much knowledge they have...who knows...but they say it is next), using the Disneyland style dolls and supposedly with a flume, not flooded sets (Rolly Crump is rolling in his grave).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

                          I would love to see a new Peter Pan. To see the 5th version of PAN w/ todays technology would be awesome.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

                            Or perhaps they could just move old and closed attractions to HK Disneyland, along with old parades... (just a joke, folks).

                            Personally, it would be great to see something original, not another tweaked version of an old attraction.

                            Comment

                            Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X