Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

My Downtown Disney HK plan

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] My Downtown Disney HK plan

    So I made this area plan out of boredom. For the shopping area immediate to the resort entrance, rooms are reserved for future administrative buildings (i.e. "front shop back office"). I directly copied and pasted Tokyo's CdS theatre to the left side of the park promenade. The dining area would feature common DTD restaurants like the Rainforest Cafe, ESPN Zone, etc. as well as some other cafes and bars. I also created a plaza linking to the 2nd gate. The entertainment area at the plaza would feature a cinema and an arcade similar to DisneyQuest in WDW.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	downtown.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	7375304

    Thoughts?
    Last edited by iluvHKDL; 06-15-2014, 01:45 AM.

  • #2
    Re: My Downtown Disney HK plan

    This is awesome! I love how to move the 2nd gate entrance to lower part!

    Just out of topic but when I went to DLR for 4 days, I spent so much times at downtown Disney, but when I went to TDR for 2 weeks, Ive never stepped my feet to Iskpiari!

    Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


    Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: My Downtown Disney HK plan

      Originally posted by Duyanh92 View Post
      Just out of topic but when I went to DLR for 4 days, I spent so much times at downtown Disney, but when I went to TDR for 2 weeks, Ive never stepped my feet to Iskpiari!
      Iskpiari is out of the way and can only be visited if someone is only visiting Iskpiari. DTD at DLR will be visited more often, as guests need to walk through it to go to the parks anyway.

      I do like the proposed DTD, though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: My Downtown Disney HK plan

        Nice plan. And the second gate entrance seems like a good idea, it adds footfall to the stores between the two entrances.
        sigpic

        "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
        Walt Disney

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: My Downtown Disney HK plan

          Originally posted by iluvHKDL View Post
          So I made this area plan out of boredom. For the shopping area immediate to the resort entrance, rooms are reserved for future administrative buildings (i.e. "front shop back office"). I directly copied and pasted Tokyo's CdS theatre to the left side of the park promenade. The dining area would feature common DTD restaurants like the Rainforest Cafe, ESPN Zone, etc. as well as some other cafes and bars. I also created a plaza linking to the 2nd gate. The entertainment area at the plaza would feature a cinema and an arcade similar to DisneyQuest in WDW.

          [ATTACH=CONFIG]36884[/ATTACH]

          Thoughts?

          Love the idea, and this is probably much better than what I had in mind.

          I'm not sure if I'm a minority in this opinion, but I just adore the greenery around the fountain. I'm just concerned that given the relative bottleneck that happens during closing time (people are generally headed in one direction), the addition of stores in the area might make it even more crowded.

          However, looking at the map, it seems that there seems to be no other place for Downtown Disney.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: My Downtown Disney HK plan

            Thank you guys for the comments.

            Originally posted by SirEdge View Post
            I'm not sure if I'm a minority in this opinion, but I just adore the greenery around the fountain. I'm just concerned that given the relative bottleneck that happens during closing time (people are generally headed in one direction), the addition of stores in the area might make it even more crowded.
            I hope the resort will make use of the unused pier located to the southern end of the park promenade so that visitors have an alternative transport method to the resort. Plus, he bottleneck problem you mentioned could be solved. I do think there is enough attendance to support a ferry service between the Disneyland Resort pier and Central Piers.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: My Downtown Disney HK plan

              Click image for larger version

Name:	VP415-Mark-Twain.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	222.7 KB
ID:	7356204

              If I ever got the finance together, then I would run this ferry service using the Mark Twain Riverboat. There would be entertainment as well as food and beverage available on board to keep everyone interested.

              I would offer breakfast cruises (from town to park), lunch cruises (from pier to town and back), sunset cruises (town to park), dinner cruises (circular from pier with view of fireworks) and an end of the day service to transport guests to town when park close.
              Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
              Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
              Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
              Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
              Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

              Comment

              Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X