This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Mountain Music

Thanks to DLP.info's news article about the Michael Giacchino special on the Cinematic Sound program on C101.5 FM in Hamilton, Ontario (See it here!), we can now listen to the soundtracks of the Paris, California and Hong Kong Space Mountains, as well as California and Hong Kong's queue music.

The 3 hour special is available online as 3 seperate streming files of 1 hour each. All the Space Mountain music is in the 2nd hour file.

I have downloaded the relevant parts and have cut it into three MP3's for you to download if you wish:
    Califronia/HK's onride soundtrack, including disembarkation music at the end.
    California/HK's queue area music.
    Paris' Mission 2 soundtrack, starting from the canon launch.

Please note that the HKDL Space Mountain soundtrack is identical to California's, except that the countdown at the top of the lifthill is omitted.

Enjoy!
    Upcoming Trips:
    Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Re: Space Mountain Music

Wow.. this is the music I been waiting for.. I lovede the lift music.. and now I have it! YES!!!

Comment

Amazing. Thank you so much.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
      -Jurassic Park

Comment

Thanks for that V1213!

Sounds excellent. I have to admit I don't remember much of the ride through Space Mountain, as I had to fly that one solo in California. My girlfriend has promised to overcome her fear of the Mountain by September (but I think that is largely because there are so few other 'ride-able' attractions at HKDL ).

Nice job.
        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Wow, cool find, cool edit!

Comment

I think when you made the queue.. you didn't stop it at the right area.. while listening it sounds that techno part should be the begining of mission 2....

Comment

I love this music, maybe at Hong Kong they could have two tracks both the current and the Mission 2 soundtrack, randomized as a little added bonus.

I had only heard a clip of the Mission 2 and wasn't truly blown away from the original De La Terre a La Lune, but I have come to like it in its special way.

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
                I think when you made the queue.. you didn't stop it at the right area.. while listening it sounds that techno part should be the begining of mission 2....
                Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. It does build up to the Mission 2 theme there but in the recording there was a break where I've cut it just before the Mission 2 started.
                There didn't seem to be a break from the queue music to this techno build-up so I figured I would leave it together.

The Mission 2 cut that I've done starts correctly at the cannon launch; can't remember the techno build-up being played in the tunnel prior to the "trois, deux, un" countdown, but I could be wrong.
                Upcoming Trips:
                Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Comment

Thank you so much! Hong Kong's launch tunnel and re-entry music is definately different than California's ...unless the launch sequence audio on that MP3 is purposely without the "power transfer" tunnel sound effects and the -bang-bang-bang- of the rotating tunnel lift hill. I'm not sure.

Also, the queue audio in California is different too, isn't it?

Nevertheless, thank you so much! Love me some Disney audio, no matter which park it comes from

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

and the -bang-bang-bang- of the rotating tunnel lift hill
                    Rotating tunnel lift hill? Hong Kong doesn't have one of those, just some flashing fiberoptic tubes... Maybe they needed better music to compensate.

Comment

Originally posted by pancakesaregood
                      I love this music, maybe at Hong Kong they could have two tracks both the current and the Mission 2 soundtrack, randomized as a little added bonus.

I had only heard a clip of the Mission 2 and wasn't truly blown away from the original De La Terre a La Lune, but I have come to like it in its special way.
                      The building is not big enough to accomodate both tracks. Too many logistics involved.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey
                        Thank you so much! Hong Kong's launch tunnel and re-entry music is definately different than California's ...unless the launch sequence audio on that MP3 is purposely without the "power transfer" tunnel sound effects and the -bang-bang-bang- of the rotating tunnel lift hill. I'm not sure.
                        There is no rotating tunnel in HKDL's Space Mountain.

Comment

thanks. do you live in canada>> just wondreing

Friends for life

Comment

Oh give me that mountain music!
                            Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

i love mission 2's soundtrack it is wonderful

Comment