This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flag Question

I know Hong Kong Disneyland will have Main Street U.S.A but the flag pole in the middle will it have a Chinese Flag or the US flag? Cuse I think it would be kinda funny to see Main Street U.S.A under a Commie flag.

My complete guess is that it'll be the HK flag. (Stylized orchid w/ a red background).

http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/hk.html

BTW. this brings up another question: what's the flag that flies in the Main Streets in TDL and Paris?

Having the Japanese and French flags flying over Main Street ,USA would be
    weird as well.

Comment

Perhaps they compromise and fly both?

Comment

ORDDU: Perhaps the gazebo in the middle of their Town Square will take the place of flag pole so that there won't even be a flag flying at all.

Comment

I don't remember seeing the french flag flying over Main Street USA at DLP...so take a cue from there.

Comment

Yes. Rest assured, there'll be the Stars and Stripes flying over Main Street USA, no matter the locale.

Comment

Disneyland Paris has a gazebo instead. Much nicer, I think, and much less likely to be egged by the French. And even if they do decide to put in a flag pole, surely it'll carry the American flag, since DLP's Main Street does have a flag here and there and it's not the French one. That would be silly anyway. Talk about bad themeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Witches of Morva
                ORDDU: Perhaps the gazebo in the middle of their Town Square will take the place of flag pole so that there won't even be a flag flying at all.
                DLP and HKDL both have gazebos.

Comment

And both shall have USA Flags.

Comment

Ummm, no. Gazebos don't usually have flags. Lights, bands, plaques, families using strollers as weapons to get to the best viewing spot of the castle... All that. But no flags.

In fact, they put the gazebo there to avoid the flag issue in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots
                      In fact, they put the gazebo there to avoid the flag issue in the first place.
                      That is correct.

Originally posted by WDW1974
                      Yes. Rest assured, there'll be the Stars and Stripes flying over Main Street USA, no matter the locale.
                      Originally posted by Bill
                      And both shall have USA Flags.
                      You are both incorrect. No U.S. Flag flies in France over town square on Main Street. A Gazebo takes the flag pole's place. I think it's nicer that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Adventurer
                        You are both incorrect. No U.S. Flag flies in France over town square on Main Street. A Gazebo takes the flag pole's place. I think it's nicer that way too.
                        Actually Adventurer, you are the one who is incorrect....and so was I on a previous post here. You can see the stars and stripes flying high over the Emporium on this DLP photo.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...p=71327239&f=0

and TWO US flags on this shot,

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...p=71327240&f=0

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                          Actually Adventurer, you are the one who is incorrect....and so was I on a previous post here. You can see the stars and stripes flying high over the Emporium on this DLP photo.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...p=71327239&f=0

and TWO US flags on this shot,

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...p=71327240&f=0
                          But they're not over Town Square. I knew there were some flags elsewhere, but not so prominently placed.

Comment

Many of DLP's Main Street's flag poles are usually flagless. I don't know if that's a matter of bad maintenance, fear of controversy, or both, but it's very obvious that the American flags there were all carefully placed not to cause too much trouble.

A big flag in the middle of Town Square would probably emphasise the whole "over-American" thing and evoke the kind of outrage they dread. And I think they made a wise choice. The gazebo looks great anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by nish221
                              Having the Japanese and French flags flying over Main Street ,USA would be
                              weird as well.
                              Doesn't Japan have the World Bazaar or somthing similar to that?
                              Last edited by disneyland dude; 05-10-2005, 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

About that--why is it called "World Bazaar"? I mean, it just seems like a covered version of Main Street to me. With a name like that you'd expect something Epcot-ish.

Off topic, I know, but hey, how else can one have a plausible simulation of human interaction on the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots
                                  About that--why is it called "World Bazaar"? I mean, it just seems like a covered version of Main Street to me. With a name like that you'd expect something Epcot-ish.

Off topic, I know, but hey, how else can one have a plausible simulation of human interaction on the Internet.
                                  I started a thread asking your question over in the TDL forum. Check it out, it's topic is "What was wrong with Main Street?"

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X