Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Bug-filled Disney water ignites law call, HK Standard News, 2006-8-1

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug-filled Disney water ignites law call, HK Standard News, 2006-8-1

Legislators want the government to establish a new hygiene benchmark for amusement parks after a report accused Disney's new water attraction of containing excessive bacteria at an "astonishing level."

Test results from a government- accredited laboratory indicated bacteria found in a sample taken by a newspaper reporter at Disneyland's UFO Zone attraction on July 21 was 5,000 times the current standard for swimming pools.

The E.coli bacteria was also found in the water sample.

Disney director of park operations Andrew Bolstein would not comment on the report other than to say the park's weekly tests show water quality is safe. The theme park conducted four tests since UFO Zone opened on July 13 using another government-accredited laboratory, including one just an hour before the test reported by Ta Kung Pao newspaper.
    "All of our tests met safety standards," Bolstein said.

The results from Disney's tests showed the water at UFO Zone contained less than one colony forming unit per 100 milliliters of E.coli and contained less than 200 cfu/ml of other bacteria, Bolstein added.
    No complaint had been received from visitors since the attraction opened, he said.

A Food and Environmental Hygiene Department spokesman said water quality at UFO Zone was not regulated by any law.

"Current laws only regulate drinking water and swimming pools. UFO Zone is none of them," the spokesman said. Disney's government-issued license requires that the attractions are clean without giving standards, he said.
    The Legislative Council's food safety and environmental hygiene panel chairman, Fred Li Wah-ming, said: "The government should set a new standard to regulate this kind of attraction."
    The FEHD spokesman said it will consider setting up a new standard after it discusses the situation with Disney.
    Source : HK Standard News

Re: Bug-filled Disney water ignites law call, HK Standard News, 2006-8-1

Test results from a government- accredited laboratory indicated bacteria found in a sample taken by a newspaper reporter at Disneyland's UFO Zone attraction on July 21 was 5,000 times the current standard for swimming pools.
    Here is the issue. The Lab didn't take it's sample itself. It was taken by a reporter...and who knows what happened to it on the way to the lab.

Comment

Anyone else reminded of Disneyland's former "Cosmic Bidet?"
      So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Gn2Dlnd
        Anyone else reminded of Disneyland's former "Cosmic Bidet?"
        Totally. It was nasty seeing little girls squat over that thing.

Maybe UFO in this case stands for "unidentified fecal objects"?
        I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
        sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
          Here is the issue. The Lab didn't take it's sample itself. It was taken by a reporter...and who knows what happened to it on the way to the lab.
          Bingo. It's so easy for samples to become contaminated along the way. Speaking as someone who was a biology grad and now works at a biomedical facility, I can tell you that extreme measures are taken to keep samples from becoming contaminated, and I highly doubt "a reporter" went too far out of their way for that kind of control, especially if they were trying to do it surreptitiously.
          "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Comment

water play thingys....really are a useless thing....but I think it is the reporters trying to ruin the HK park

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
              Bingo. It's so easy for samples to become contaminated along the way. Speaking as someone who was a biology grad and now works at a biomedical facility, I can tell you that extreme measures are taken to keep samples from becoming contaminated, and I highly doubt "a reporter" went too far out of their way for that kind of control, especially if they were trying to do it surreptitiously.
              My thoughts exactly. Well,actually, my first thought was "EWWWW." :lol:
              <o>

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X