This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hong Kong Disneyland- Size?

I read somewhere that HK Disneyland is Disney's smallest park, but how is this possible? Official stats released say that the park is about 100 acres, as compared to 75 acres for Disneyland and 55 acres for DCA.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland- Size?

It has to be bigger than the Disney Studios in Paris.

Comment

It is the Smallest Magic Kingdom Type Park,

But Still easy to spend a day or 2 (or in my case 3) there, Its Beautiful!

Comment

From the greatest site on the 'Net, HKDLSource:

"The [original] project gave the team an expandable 126 Hectares (310 acres) on which to place the park, hotels and recreation centre...only four of the usual six 'Lands' debuted with the park, with Frontierland and Mickey's Toon Town being the most notable absences. Indeed, only 100 of the mapped 300 acres was used at the time of its debut".

However, the "park promenade presently blocks the area carved out for a Phase 2 Extension, and some speculate that this land will be used for a second park or additional 'lands'".

This means that much of the land mentioned in the official press is reserved for the extension. Give HKDL time. It will grow. Rome wasn't built in a day!
        “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by bigglesworth003
          It is the Smallest Magic Kingdom Type Park,

But Still easy to spend a day or 2 (or in my case 3) there, Its Beautiful!
          But Disneyland, at only 75 acres SHOULD be smaller than HK Disneyland. Unless the facts that say HK Disneyland is 100 acres are false.

Comment

Maybe that's including the entrance Esplanade, or whatever it's called in HK? Even if it is larger than the original DL, the number of attractions I think is more important than hectares at this point.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo
              Maybe that's including the entrance Esplanade, or whatever it's called in HK? Even if it is larger than the original DL, the number of attractions I think is more important than hectares at this point.
              Well said. It is on that point that the park is sadly lacking. With only one "thrill ride" to speak of, the park will get old for regulars quickly.
              “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
                But Disneyland, at only 75 acres SHOULD be smaller than HK Disneyland. Unless the facts that say HK Disneyland is 100 acres are false.
                if I remeber my facts right Disneyland is actualy 85 acres presently
                "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jspider
                  if I remeber my facts right Disneyland is actualy 85 acres presently
                  That still means HK Disneyland is larger, at about 100 acres. Is it because of undeveloped land somewhere in the park, or is it because Adventureland takes up such a huge chunk? Still....100 acres seems "too big" for a park with so few attractions. 100 acres would be much bigger than Disneyland, and HK Disneyland sure doesn't seem bigger sizewise.

Comment

People... remember this: Great things come in small packages. Reason why WDW sucks.

Comment

The biggest reason is the current layout.

If you look at the satellite maps, one realizes that DL is almost completely
                      full. (ex. right behind City Hall is the berm that separates it from the Jungle
                      Cruise; Plaza Pavilion and Tiki Room are actually same building). Only
                      major space is where Thunder Ranch used to be.

Using forced perspective and curling walkways, DL actually seems a lot
                      bigger than what it is.

Whereas right now, there is quite a bit of land between the attractions
                      in HKDL esp. in Adventureland and around Space Mountain.

Comment

Originally posted by nish221
                        Whereas right now, there is quite a bit of land between the attractions
                        in HKDL esp. in Adventureland and around Space Mountain.
                        Well yes...but most of HKDL's Park Land is outside the current railroad tracks in the form of huge expansion pads.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                          People... remember this: Great things come in small packages. Reason why WDW sucks.
                          Aww, come'on, TDLFAN...

Although I agree that maintenance has definitely been going downhill, there
                          are still some neat (alas I can say "great") and unique parts of WDW.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's (any longer) an entire park that I can say that about. :-(

Hmmm.... take that back; the water parks are both pretty good.

Comment

WDW doesn't "suck". Obviously TDLFan, you have a prejudice(and of course, there's nothing wrong with that ) for Tokyo but WDW definitely doesn't suck.

State fairs suck.
                            Six Flags parks suck.

WDW has plenty of it's own merits. For every negative there is two positives. WDW may not be the best but, it's far from the worst.

As for HKDL. I thought I heard something like those two figures are flipped. I heard DL is about 100 acres and HKDL is 75 acres with room to expand. The key word(s) is "I heard" so don't slam me.(at least on that fact)
                            - Horizonsfan

Comment

I think the numbers being compared are comparing different things.

The statistic that Disneyland is 75 acres refers only to the property within the park boarder, including all the large ride buildings which extend beyond hte visable portions of the park.

However, I think that the statistic that Hong Kong Disneyland is 100 acres includes all developed land in its entirety, including the hotel and all other property external to the park itself. Thus, these numbers can't be compared directly.
                              Visit MouseBits at http://www.mousebits.com for the Internet's largest and most active source of fan-made Disney video and audio multimedia!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X