This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted Mansion

So far a book written by an imagineer points towards the voodoo theme for the Haunted Mansion. Is there a plan for this? Better yet, it there a plan at all??
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Re: Haunted Mansion

What book is this?
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Well? what book? it sounds cool.

Comment

My guess is that the book is The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movie by Jason Surrell.

Asking whether or not there are plans is kind of hard to answer. Rumor has mentioned the voodoo theme, to keep the Haunted Mansion from reappearing in the same land. Imagineering is constantly at work and only a small portion of their ideas ever get built.

Comment

Nah, can't be, I've got that book and there is no Voodoo mansion reference.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
            My guess is that the book is The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movie by Jason Surrell.

Asking whether or not there are plans is kind of hard to answer. Rumor has mentioned the voodoo theme, to keep the Haunted Mansion from reappearing in the same land. Imagineering is constantly at work and only a small portion of their ideas ever get built.
            Correct!
            Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
            "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
            -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
            -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
              Correct!
              Where at in the The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies does it note a voodoo theme for Hong Kong's Mansion? I've never noticed it in the book, but I'm interested to find out where this info is located.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

I also am curious to see where it is in the book, since I do not remember it either.
                It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

It isn't in the book. But it is a concept that is being considered and will likely, at least partially, be adopted for a HK Mansion.

But don't get excited as it is likely five years away ... at the absolute earliest.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post
                    It isn't in the book. But it is a concept that is being considered and will likely, at least partially, be adopted for a HK Mansion.

But don't get excited as it is likely five years away ... at the absolute earliest.
                    I knew it was being bandied around, jsut didn't remember reading it in the book. I think it's a good idea, but five years isn't that long, especially if you have no plans to travel to HK in the forseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by WDW1974 View Post

I thought they were getting a Pirates attraction before a HM attraction?

Comment

I'm pretty sure both are on the drawing board, at least in the planning stages. Whether one comes before the other, that we'll have to see when they announce it.

Comment

The story goes that Haunted Mansion is located in a different land in every magic kingdom. For Hong Kong, they want to put Haunted Mansion into Adventureland and it will look like a rickety caribbean house with a vodoo theme. Probably drawing influences from Wes Craven's "The Serpent and the Rainbow" and the swamp scenes of "pirates of the Caribean: Dead Man's Chest".

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
                            The story goes that Haunted Mansion is located in a different land in every magic kingdom. For Hong Kong, they want to put Haunted Mansion into Adventureland and it will look like a rickety caribbean house with a vodoo theme. Probably drawing influences from Wes Craven's "The Serpent and the Rainbow" and the swamp scenes of "pirates of the Caribean: Dead Man's Chest".

I really like this conceptually, as it is the type of Imagineering I really appreciate: taking an idea that exists, and tweaking it to fit different lands. I think the newer parks have been far too indebted to the distinct lands, and mixing them up a bit is always fun (as with the Rivers of Adventure in HKDL).

A Caribbean/Voodoo thing would be brilliant for the HKDL theme as well, simply because the original objection that I heard to the attraction was based around Chinese customs regarding the dead. If they could keep it sppoky through suggestive scares, rather than deadly ones, you've dodged two bullets and made something unique.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X