This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jungle Cruise enhancements??

Question... While riding HKDL's most excellent Jungle Cruise ride... I happened to noticed as few things that I do not recall experiencing from my previous visits....

-Pirrahna attack (similar to DL's new effect) in between the Elephant Idol and the croc pool.
    -A huge elephant in the savannah scene, complete with "mother in law" elephant on the opposite shore.
    -Safari men on the pole with rhino at the bottom attacking and hyenas...before the cannival attack.

I honestly do not recall seeing these scenes before... and I found this JC trip to be fuller and more enjoyable than before...
    Anyone has any comments on this??

Re: Jungle Cruise enhancements??

I think I remember the men with the rhino, but I think you may be right about the other two scenes.

I love their Jungle Cruise. I think what makes it just a tad less charming than the other versions is that the show scenes are much farther away from the boat.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
      I think I remember the men with the rhino, but I think you may be right about the other two scenes.

I love their Jungle Cruise. I think what makes it just a tad less charming than the other versions is that the show scenes are much farther away from the boat.
      Farther?? Really? I find this JC trip to be more compact and intimate over TDL's and the MK's...

Comment

It is essentially on the rivers of america. Without all the twists and turns of a traditional Jungle Cruise (and the huge exposed area as your round the corner near Tarzan's Treehouse), it just doesn't feel like an intimate little ride. That isn't to say that I don't like it. I do. It just didn't have that same Jungle Cruise feel to me. However, I think that in many ways it is superior to its US counterparts.
        MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
        Save

Comment

The thing I love about their Jungle Crusie is how well integrated it is with the surrounding area. Yes, it is more open - and visible from the outside - but it truly feels like a jungle atmosphere. If you go in the evening/night, the rides over to Tarzan's Island on the rafts as the Jungle Cruise passes by and the torches are all lit up - you could almost BE in the jungle. It helps that HKDL has mountains in the background.

To answer your questions about the effects: the piranha effects are a bit newish I think. New technologies have allowed for 3D sound and enhanced animatronics. These were there from the very beginning, as far as I know. However, as I only went a month ago, my guess is as good - actually worse - than yours.

Comment

I cannot recall a pirrahna attack scene from when I visited in January. I remember looking out for it after hearing about its addition at DLR, so I hope that I would have noticed it had it been there.

Can't remember the elephants or the rhino pole but I could easily be wrong as I only rode it twice.
            Upcoming Trips:
            Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Comment

It is odd that these enhancements were made without any public mention.

When I get home from work, I'll upload some of the photos of these sections of the Jungle River Cruise. I certainly took some of the pole and the elephants.

You'd think HKDL would be publicising ANYTHING new.

Comment

Just so we are all on the same page, I've taken the liberty of uploading a few photos from the Jungle River Cruise that I took last month.

Comment

Looking at the pictures you've uploaded, these have been there since at least November of last year. The piranahas have been there that long as well. I took the cruise the first trip we made, so if it has been updated, it was before November 2005.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsmom View Post
                    Looking at the pictures you've uploaded, these have been there since at least November of last year. The piranahas have been there that long as well. I took the cruise the first trip we made, so if it has been updated, it was before November 2005.
                    To be fair, I'm not 100% sure this is what we are all talking about, but those are the Jungle Cruise photos I had...

Comment

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
                      It is odd that these enhancements were made without any public mention.

You'd think HKDL would be publicising ANYTHING new.
                      Not necessarily. When they put in the tea cup and dumbo for phototaking, there was no announcement. A wooden box in the area one day, and the plastic figures the next. On the train ride, early on they mentioned seeing the giraffe, but even though I hunted for them, those didn't seem to show up until after CNY.
                      The same goes with taking things away. Suddenly, at the end of summer there were no more fastpasses for Philharmonic. Not that they were ever used mind. I honestly can't remember seeing them in service.
                      And my appologies for shooting off my big mouth before looking in to it. I just opened the disk of photos we took in November, and there were no Piranahas.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsmom View Post
                        The same goes with taking things away. Suddenly, at the end of summer there were no more fastpasses for Philharmonic. Not that they were ever used mind. I honestly can't remember seeing them in service.
                        And my appologies for shooting off my big mouth before looking in to it. I just opened the disk of photos we took in November, and there were no Piranahas.
                        It makes sense that they took Philarmagic off the FASTPASS roster, but have the machines themselves physically left the area? What is there now?

I'm pretty certain about the pirahnas - they weren't there in January, when is your next photo record Katsmom?
                        Upcoming Trips:
                        Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Comment

Originally posted by V1213 View Post
                          It makes sense that they took Philarmagic off the FASTPASS roster, but have the machines themselves physically left the area? What is there now?

The machines have just left the area. Now they are using the space to make halloween lanterns and do face painting for the little ones.

I'm pretty certain about the pirahnas - they weren't there in January, when is your next photo record Katsmom?
                          November, March, June, Too many visits during the summer and yesterday. I didn't go to the jungle cruise in March because my daughter was afraid of the volcano. The piranahs were there this summer though. My 4th of July pictures have them.

Comment

Originally posted by V1213 View Post

The machines have just left the area. Now they are using the space to make halloween lanterns and do face painting for the little ones.

November, March, June, Too many visits during the summer and yesterday. I didn't go to the jungle cruise in March because my daughter was afraid of the volcano. The piranahs were there this summer though. My 4th of July pictures have them.

Comment

The Pirahanas attack were not part of the original install, they were in fact added later, after the install at MK. There were several little additions to jungle cruise after the parks grand opening, The Water god and Fire gods scene's (which I would love to see added to MK's jungle Cruise)took up so much time to test and finalize some effects had to be added later to make sure the attraction was ready for opening day.
                              "Just Keep Swimming, Swimming,Swimming, Just Keep Swimming......."

Comment

Originally posted by The SeaDog View Post
                                The Pirahanas attack were not part of the original install, they were in fact added later, after the install at MK.
                                The MK at WDW does not have the pirahanas attack on it. That is only done at DL besides HKDL. The MK's JC at WDW could definitely use a major renovation, just like DL's got for the 50th.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X