Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Construction Pictures of IASW

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Construction Pictures of IASW

    The hits just keep on coming! Our spy has come through for us in a big way! Of course, our spy has always provided us with quality shots, but I think you'll all agree that this next set of photos goes above and beyond...The Berm.

    http://www.hkdlsource.com/news/viewstory?story=76

    While these can all be seen at full size in the Gallery, here is a quick teaser of the shot depicting what seems to be the structure of "it's a small world" taking shape.




    To see this particular image in full size, click here.


    To view more of this gallery series, visit this link here. We've added another seven images today!
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks


  • #2
    Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

    Great photos! Just came back from Hong Kong Disneyland and also tried to get photos of the construction (in the rain no less, thanks to Typhoon Utor). Will try to post the photos later.
    Disneyland - Apr 1998
    Walt Disney World - Dec 2001
    TDR - Jun 1996, Apr 2000, Apr 2002, May 2008, Jun 2009
    HKDL - Dec 2005, Dec 2006

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

      I think the trees need to be cut down, or your "spy" needs a better spy camera. Does James Bond have one he could loan you??

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

        Originally posted by Katsmom View Post
        I think the trees need to be cut down, or your "spy" needs a better spy camera. Does James Bond have one he could loan you??
        LOL

        To get the work Done, Let me send my beloved Spy..James Bond 007 of Hong Kong ( the spy who loved me) over there from Casino Royale. He will definitely take some good pics for Your Eyes Only! He is the Man with the Golden Gun. On her majesty's secret service,he has the license to Kiss (instead of Kill). In the living daylights, you only live twice. The view to a kill, the world is not enough. Bring yr Dr. No from Russia with love, use his goldfinger to make you live and let die for the diamonds are forever. Tomorrow never dies.
        Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 12-17-2006, 06:18 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

          I think it's about time I make a trip to Hong Kong Disneyland. Then I'll have visited all the Disney parks except Walt Disney Studios. I'll wait until it's a small world's opening though.
          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

            Great photos as always! This ride is very exciting to me. I love that they are taking a classic ride and adding some of the well known disney characters into it.

            I was looking at a map of the park I have and am wondering exactly where this ride is being built. Can anyone fill me in?

            Thanks

            Mike
            Amusement and Themed Industry News And Notes:
            NewsPlusNotes

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

              Originally posted by MJHammer1 View Post
              I was looking at a map of the park I have and am wondering exactly where this ride is being built. Can anyone fill me in?

              Thanks

              Mike
              From where I saw, it's beyond the berm, somewhere behind the Fanstasy Gardens and the Tea Cups.
              Disneyland - Apr 1998
              Walt Disney World - Dec 2001
              TDR - Jun 1996, Apr 2000, Apr 2002, May 2008, Jun 2009
              HKDL - Dec 2005, Dec 2006

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

                Thanks SleeplessinSG!

                Using the same map I now have an idea of where this will go. Do you guys think they will be adding anything more than a pathway that leads to the ride, I mean is food/merch being included?

                Mike
                Amusement and Themed Industry News And Notes:
                NewsPlusNotes

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

                  Does anyone know how the show building of IASW going to connect to the rest of the park??

                  Walking down the parade path, you can see the constrution site is right behind fantasy gardens. Roughly where the original IASW is in the original Diseyland. But how is it going to work here in HKDL? Any idea???

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

                    Wow. All original impressions were IASW was to be on the Adventureland side of Fantasyland...it will be interesting to see how this fits into the park.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

                      Originally posted by wishyouwell View Post
                      Does anyone know how the show building of IASW going to connect to the rest of the park??

                      Walking down the parade path, you can see the constrution site is right behind fantasy gardens. Roughly where the original IASW is in the original Diseyland. But how is it going to work here in HKDL? Any idea???
                      My guess would be that the area between the Tea Cups and the exit walkways from the Goilden Mickey's theater will undergo major renovations to connect IASW with the park, possibly under the train track.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

                        Originally posted by wishyouwell View Post
                        Does anyone know how the show building of IASW going to connect to the rest of the park??

                        Walking down the parade path, you can see the constrution site is right behind fantasy gardens. Roughly where the original IASW is in the original Diseyland. But how is it going to work here in HKDL? Any idea???
                        Had been pondering over this question as well for some time. After looking the map and the HKDL press release photos about the new attractions, my totally wild and unsubstantiated guess:

                        The Fantasy Gardens will be removed totally, to be replaced with the IASW facade. The walkway and maybe queue will go under the berm, with the show building and ride beyond the berm.

                        What will happen to the photo-op space with the removal of the Fantasy Gardens? Perhaps they will have some character meet-and-greet area in front of the IASW facade?

                        Again, just a wild guess on my part. Perhaps someone in the know can confirm or debunk this.
                        Disneyland - Apr 1998
                        Walt Disney World - Dec 2001
                        TDR - Jun 1996, Apr 2000, Apr 2002, May 2008, Jun 2009
                        HKDL - Dec 2005, Dec 2006

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

                          Thanks for sharing
                          :crazylegs

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

                            Originally posted by SleeplessInSG View Post
                            Had been pondering over this question as well for some time. After looking the map and the HKDL press release photos about the new attractions, my totally wild and unsubstantiated guess:

                            The Fantasy Gardens will be removed totally, to be replaced with the IASW facade. The walkway and maybe queue will go under the berm, with the show building and ride beyond the berm.

                            What will happen to the photo-op space with the removal of the Fantasy Gardens? Perhaps they will have some character meet-and-greet area in front of the IASW facade?

                            Again, just a wild guess on my part. Perhaps someone in the know can confirm or debunk this.
                            I think you are right SleeplessInSG, they do need a "wiener" to attract people to that part of the park.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: New Construction Pictures of IASW

                              ORDDU: My sisters and I can't really debunk your suggestion but we were under the impression that the facade for Small World would actually end up being further to the left of the Train Station so that when you exited Mickey's Philharmagic you would just walk towards the rear of Fantasyland--like you do at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom--and you'd encounter IT's A SMALL WORLD at that point.

                              ORWEN: If they decide to build the facade to the RIGHT of the Train Station--which is where Fantasy Gardens is located--we'll be truly surprised.

                              ORGOCH: Who the heck cares, anyway--long as the frog legs tastes good?!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X