This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview of Haunted Halloween, Dark World at HKDL

I just got back from the AP passholder preview of Haunted Halloween, Dark world at HKDL.

I just made it for the 7:30pm "Glow in the Dark" Parade.

It is really an improvement over last year's Halloween event!

I saw Eason Chan at the Parade!!!

Pls be patient...Photographs and video coming soon!
    Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 09-24-2007, 06:54 AM.

Re: Preview of Haunted Halloween, Dark World at HKDL

2 clips (full show) of "Glow in the Dark" Parade.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whXDIbgifuQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7y-Lx56kgg

Comment

That Was So Freakin Awesome! The Parade Looks Really Good! Im So Jealous That Disneyland Doesn't Have Something Like This! Well Maybe Someday But Its Very Awesome To Finally See The Parade Winding Down Main Street! Thanks For The Video Btw I Love The Jack Float Its Very Cool!

Comment

another abridged version of the Glow in the Dark Parade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNEAFwIWIiU

Comment

A collection of Photographs for the Preview of Haunted Halloween 2007 at Hong Kong Disneyland.

and you can clearly see Eason Chan in one of the Photographs.

Enjoy!!
          Last edited by PennysBayChronicle; 09-24-2007, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the pics! I'm at work and thus, can't watch videos. Parade looks pretty cool. They way Halloween is picking up in DLR, maybe one day we will have a parade like this!
            I want my cake back!
            sigpic

Comment

Wow! These new floats are amazing! I especially like the images that only show up under the black lights. Very nice touch. I also liked how they made Sally a face character, although I miss the awkward walking style that she had in the movie. Oh, well.

By the way, did you grab any pictures or videos of the Haunted Hotel/Ghost Galaxy? Or are those not out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by seenoevil View Post
                Thanks for the pics! I'm at work and thus, can't watch videos. Parade looks pretty cool. They way Halloween is picking up in DLR, maybe one day we will have a parade like this!
                Wow, that is one awesome parade. Pretty impressive.

Comment

now thats a disney halloween parade!!!! and i love love love the jack skeleton float! he moves so smoothly. its so awesome! why can't we have something like that over at the disneyland resort in ca.

Comment

Can someone review the Space Mountain - Ghost Galaxy?? Can't wait to hear all about it!

Comment

ORDDU: Very nice pictures, Hong Kong Disneyland, duckling. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Comment

Haunted Hotel

Photo Credit : Mingpao News

Glow in the Dark Parade (mingpao news)

Photo Credit : mingpao news

Photo Credit : Apple Daily

Comment

ORDDU: A witch has to wonder whether or not the park's management types over there will try to save some of the sets from the Haunted Hotel and end up using them in the rumored Haunted Mansion after it is finally built...

Comment

Very nice. The range of movement on the Jack Skellington character is relatively subtle, but quite convincing. I really like the Dr. Finklestein's lab float, as well, and the zombie ballroom dancers. Some of the other dancers' choreography movements could be a bit more coordinated, but on the whole -- good job, HKDL.

The Glow-in-the-Dark and WaterWorks parades are positive steps for the park to take -- presentations that exemplify creativity, originality, and quality. Let's see the park continue to make strong strides in this direction.

Comment

Any more pictures of the haunted hotel? hehe....
                              信じてコンパス・オブ・ユア・ハート

Comment

Originally posted by FabianFan View Post
                                Any more pictures of the haunted hotel? hehe....

Got a couple of official ones for you:

Last edited by Loomis; 09-24-2007, 07:04 PM.

Comment

The parade looks INCREDIBLE!!! Now this is how it is done- take notice WDW!!! and DL (now why can't we have something like this?).

Yep, I am gonna say it- WDW does a nice job- but this parade REALLY shows that they need to get their act together when it comes to DESIGN and concepts for entertainment, especially parades. The villians float here is fantastic, and the overall design is great- it really shows how far Disney has come when it comes to parade/show design. Now there is a clear distinction as to how it is supposed to be done, and how not to do it. You can see a float or two in HKDL's parade that has gotten a overlay, and this shows how it is SUPPOSED to be done!!! Makes WDW's overlays to floats look pathetic. Sorry...not trying to stir up the pot, that's TDLFAN's job.
                                  Actually, I think I am gonna join him in this one- this puts WDW's parade to shame. There, I said it. haha...ok, that felt good.

Here is a blog with some stuff too (probably already posted though, but here you go anyway)-

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...een-event.html

Comment

Jay Rasulo and his yes people as well as his accountants who hold the purse strings won't. Only John Lassiter can do that, and by God, if he doesn't, all hell will break loose.

Comment

^There is no need for all the drama. Yes, management isn't all that great right now, but John Lasseter, while incredible, is not the end all be all. He cannot do everything, nor should he given all the credit when sometimes it is other very smart and tactful people who make good things happen.

Again, nothing against John (I love the man), but there are other folks capable of doing good things too.

And I don't feel there is a need to be so pessimistic. DL's Halloween season is being built up over time. Fireworks and parades and expansion of other offerings is all very much a possibility in the process. No need for "Doom and Gloom".

Comment

Originally posted by Loomis View Post
                                        Got a couple of official ones for you:

thanks! maybe HKDL's version of haunted mansion should be located at main street...but then again...there's not enough space.
                                        信じてコンパス・オブ・ユア・ハート

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X