This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no Christmas Annoucement

So with the Halloween event about to finish next week. I'm just wonding why we've not had any annoucement yet regarding the up coming Christmas event. Surely one is due within a few days.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Re: Why no Christmas Annoucement

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...lly-81755.html
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

This is kind of Christmas related. When you stay at a Disney hotel during Christmas I heard you can order a small tree to decorate the room and then take it home. Is the cost $300.00? I can't recall.

Comment

He was referring to Hong Kong Disneyland, not Disneyland.
        Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

I phoned HKDL yesterday and asked them for any Christmas programs and they said that there are none but would probably be announced in mid-November...Strange...TDR already has their Christmas page up.

Comment

But at least this stuff gathers suspense, I'm sure it's worth it...or not...
            Last edited by HKDLFAN; 10-28-2007, 09:52 PM. Reason: accidently wrote more than one post

Comment

HKDL always announces their seasonal events very late so there is nothing to worry. Maybe they will announce it first week of November. Who knows ?
              My Web Site - RedBubble Site

Comment

It's due to kick off November 23. HKDL usually leave their announcing pretty late. The Pirates Event in the harbour was only announced on the morning!

Comment

It's due to kick off November 23. HKDL usually leave their announcing pretty late. The Pirates Event in the harbour was only announced on the morning!

That surprised me when they said there will be a pirate overlay. It is like Disney Magic. So just be patient and wait for Disney's announcement for a fabulous Christmas event.
                  Last edited by josh_kslow; 10-29-2007, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Almost every ride that HKDL has, is an improvement of the other Disney theme park versions, so we can expect IASW to be...GREAT...and hope to see that big bunch of free land beside adventureland, being filled up.

Comment

Originally posted by hkdlfan View Post
                      I phoned HKDL yesterday and asked them for any Christmas programs and they said that there are none but would probably be announced in mid-November...Strange...TDR already has their Christmas page up.
                      That would be because the TDR people are "Masters" in promotional efforts for the park, and also because the Christmas Events at TDR begin quite early in november. I wonder if HKDL is on a rush to plus-up their Christmas efforts, based on the succesful Halloween event they have had this year...

Comment

Originally posted by hkdlfan View Post
                        Almost every ride that HKDL has, is an improvement of the other Disney theme park versions, so we can expect IASW to be...GREAT...and hope to see that big bunch of free land beside adventureland, being filled up.
                        Not true. The only attraction that it has that is superior to the other Disney parks is Jungle Cruise. All of the Fantasyland attractions (and the land itself) is a poor rendition of the versions in Disneyland and Disneyland Paris. Same can be said for Tomorrowland and its attractions. I would say that Disneyland Paris has the best versions of the Magic Kingdom classics, hands down. I doubt that Hong Kong Disneyland's version of it's a small world will top Disneyland Paris', but it's sure to be lovely as well.

Comment

I'd probably put HKDL's Autopia as the best of the Autopia/Tomorrowland Indy Speedway/Grand Circuit Raceway attractions. DL's might have a slightly better themed track (with the offroad section, etc.), but I find everything else about HKDL's Autopia to be more compelling. The virtually silent, electric Autopia cars with individual sound effects are the best aspect of HKDL's Autopia (and unique to that version), but I also like the cool neon effects at night, and the "preview" part of the track that loops out over the UFO Zone and gives guests a sneak peak of the cars.

I'm divided as to whether HKDL's Jungle River Cruise is the best version; it certain doesn't have the best queue (I found it a bit bland, actually). The effects are nice -- especially the fire and water effects toward the end -- but the cruise itself felt a bit on the short side, and could have benefited from an "indoor" scene, such as a cruise through the inside of a temple.

Come to think of it, HKDL probably has the best Space Mountain, if you're just comparing it to the other parks that have the same track layout (DL and TDL). I find it hard to compare those parks' Space Mountains with the MK's and DLP's -- it's like comparing apples and (some fruit that's more like an apple than an orange, but not actually an apple).

Comment

Originally posted by Kuhio View Post
                            I'd probably put HKDL's Autopia as the best of the Autopia/Tomorrowland Indy Speedway/Grand Circuit Raceway attractions. DL's might have a slightly better themed track (with the offroad section, etc.), but I find everything else about HKDL's Autopia to be more compelling. The virtually silent, electric Autopia cars with individual sound effects are the best aspect of HKDL's Autopia (and unique to that version), but I also like the cool neon effects at night, and the "preview" part of the track that loops out over the UFO Zone and gives guests a sneak peak of the cars.

I'm divided as to whether HKDL's Jungle River Cruise is the best version; it certain doesn't have the best queue (I found it a bit bland, actually). The effects are nice -- especially the fire and water effects toward the end -- but the cruise itself felt a bit on the short side, and could have benefited from an "indoor" scene, such as a cruise through the inside of a temple.

Come to think of it, HKDL probably has the best Space Mountain, if you're just comparing it to the other parks that have the same track layout (DL and TDL). I find it hard to compare those parks' Space Mountains with the MK's and DLP's -- it's like comparing apples and (some fruit that's more like an apple than an orange, but not actually an apple).
                            Disneyland Paris' Autopia is very nice as well. The cars are not unlike the designs of those of Hong Kong Disneyland, and the track itself is well themed. And it's also lit up in neon colors at night as well. Currently, Disneyland Paris' Autopia is my favorite version of the classic attraction.

I think Hong Kong Disneyland's Jungle Cruise certainly feels less intimate than the other Jungle Cruises since it's essentially travelling on what would be the Rivers of America (Rivers of Adventure). But I love the scene with all the fire and water effects. Very cool.

And one thing that I don't like about Hong Kong Disneyland's Space Mountain is the loading station. It's so small and cramped compared to the space ports of Disneyland's and Tokyo Disneyland's.

Comment

HKDL Christmas 2007....

http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/h...istmas2007Page

Comment

ORWEN: Thank you for the helpful conjuring spell, pierrot, duckling! We were able to see what you wanted us to. And it looks like the Sleeping Beauty Castle in Hong Kong Disneyland is going to be covered with the same kind of Christmas lights they're using for Cinderella's Castle at Walt Disney World this year.

Comment

Looks like they're also ripping of DLP's Castle-lighting ceremony and, from the artwork, may even have Tinkerbell spraying some pixie dust from the top of the Castle a la Paris as well.

Looks promising!
                                  Upcoming Trips:
                                  Tokyo Disney Resort 20-22 January 2011

Comment

HKDL now knows how to attract visitors...Thats what i think...

Comment

I'm very impressed by whats been annouced for Christmas, this follows a strong line up for Halloween. Another brand new parade that will include snow sounds cool, and the Castle lighting was done at TDR last year.
                                      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

The lightings shown was very impressive and it will definitely be much more better than last year. Last year there were no such lightings put on the castle.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X