Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

    hot from the press and as reported by Hong Kong Disney Blog

    Frederick Ma, Secretary for Commerce and Econonomic Development told reporters that HK Government is going to give the preliminary green light for HKDL's expansion.

    But the funding would have to be approved by Hong Kong Legislative Council. He expects legislator would do the right thing for Hong Kong. he also says that it is for the best interest of Hong Kong as well as Hongkongers that HK government should inject capital for further expansion at Hong Kong Disneyland.

    Regarding Phase 2 expansion, that is the 2nd park at the Resort would be different in theming than the 1st Park (that is Hong Kong Disneyland), and it will be decided later on.

  • #2
    Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

    Thanks for the info!

    Does this include injecting more into the current park or will this be financing a new park only?
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

    "I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney



    "I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

      Originally posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
      Thanks for the info!

      Does this include injecting more into the current park or will this be financing a new park only?
      Probably both.

      My understanding is that 1st park will be expanded and there will be plan for 2nd Park

      the secretary for commerce and economic development said details will be worked out later.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

        Gotcha
        Very positive news, thanks for sharing.
        "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

        "I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney



        "I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

          Its a repeat of HKDL post online in the HKStandard:
          http://www.hkstandard.com.hk/news_de...008&con_type=3

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

            More water fountain play areas in the works? They sure do love their water fountain play areas over there.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

              That's because it's a VERY warm climate, and with no water-based attractions that actually are made to get you wet, it seems like it was needed.



              Anyways, this is really great news for HK!
              "Keep Moving Forward."

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

                Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
                That's because it's a VERY warm climate, and with no water-based attractions that actually are made to get you wet, it seems like it was needed.
                I hear Splash Mountain is also pretty good at doing that

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

                  Ah, but you see they can't built it at HKDL for cultural reasons. Just think of all the great attractions the park would have if the Hong Kongers weren't so closed minded!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

                    ORDDU: My sisters and I aren't certain what you mean, Sir Cliff, duckling, by saying an attraction like Splash Mountain would violate any of Hong Kong's cultural sensativities. However, if the original concept for the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction goes forward, there will be a big flume drop at the end of it. It would be another example of two attractions combined into one--sort of like what they did with their Jungle Cruise, which has elements of Rivers of America.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

                      Originally posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
                      Ah, but you see they can't built it at HKDL for cultural reasons. Just think of all the great attractions the park would have if the Hong Kongers weren't so closed minded!
                      That was a joke right Sir Cliff? I really can't tell if you are serious or joking..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

                        Yeah, it was a joke. Just playing on the fact that argument was made about things like Haunted Mansion and, of course, they just installed quite a successful temporary haunted house attraction recently proving that argument was rubbish.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

                          Originally posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
                          Yeah, it was a joke. Just playing on the fact that argument was made about things like Haunted Mansion and, of course, they just installed quite a successful temporary haunted house attraction recently proving that argument was rubbish.
                          Indeed they did. They also tried to make the press think that the Chinese were more interested in photo ops than attractions. That turned out NOT to be true and they are now in a battle with Ocean Park which continues to reinvent itself and add new shows and rides to successfully steal visitors from Disney. Rather than waiting on the Chinese govt., Disney should inject a little of their own capital into this beautiful, but boring, park!
                          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

                          Find us on Facebook:

                          .

                          How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,














                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

                            Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                            Indeed they did. They also tried to make the press think that the Chinese were more interested in photo ops than attractions. That turned out NOT to be true and they are now in a battle with Ocean Park which continues to reinvent itself and add new shows and rides to successfully steal visitors from Disney. Rather than waiting on the Chinese govt., Disney should inject a little of their own capital into this beautiful, but boring, park!

                            But with the Gov't holding a majority of the percentage of the park, is Disney able to make a large investment for expansion without the backing and approval of the Gov't? Or can Disney call the shots on what/how much gets invested?

                            If not, then waiting for the Chinese Gov't may be a mandatory step before proceeding with their own creaitive ideas.
                            Last edited by ROBONICS95; 11-05-2007, 02:55 PM.
                            "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

                            "I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney



                            "I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: HKDL gets preliminary green light for expansion

                              HKDL is a join venture of Disney and HK government. If only Disney invest more money and HKG not coming up with the same amount to match, HKG will lose their status as the larger shareholder. HKG does not want to lose the power to make final decisions, that's the reason why Disney can't just invest more in HKDL alone.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X